Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Unrequested combining of reservations?

Old Feb 14, 20, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS DL

I made two reservations for a Hilton in March. One reservation is for a Thursday. The second is for the following day. Now I see that the reservation has been combined. One is cancelled and the other is now for 2 days.

I made 2 separate reservations because I was unsure if I would be done in a day or not. I would know by late February (next week).
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS DL
To avoid misunderstandings of which days to cancel, I decided to make a new 1 night reservation and cancel the 2 night reservation that they combined without asking.
Old Feb 15, 20, 10:49 am

I HATE this practice. I often book back to back work travel, two different employers (reimbursers), or book two weeks with the plan to cancel the second if the hotel isn't right for me. I do things deliberately. Don't un-do them.

Many of the places I stay have and enforce early check-out fees. This, of course, makes those unsolicited combinations even worse (my scenario #2 ) or the OPs scenario, if not fully settled before cancellation period.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: