Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Can I book hotel rooms for my partner on my account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2020, 3:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club

Apologies if this question has been asked elsewhere before, but can I book rooms at Hilton hotels through my HHonors account for my partner without staying there myself?
Old Feb 11, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Just list them as an additional guest on the reservation which allows them to check in.

if you want you can put in the note section they will be checking in to the room.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The advice above is spot on. Book a room for 2 guests and name your partner as second guest; then he/she will be able to check-in without you being present.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
You can list the person as the second guest and they can check in. There have been a couple times where i have done this (legit, I really did arrive after the second guest) and he was told I would have come down to the front desk in order to get the breakfast vouchers.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
You can list the person as the second guest and they can check in. There have been a couple times where i have done this (legit, I really did arrive after the second guest) and he was told I would have come down to the front desk in order to get the breakfast vouchers.
Is the breakfast voucher implementation wide spread? I’ve only encountered it at the DoubleTree Heathrow and even they aren’t consistent. Everywhere else I’ve been to has just allowed me to state my room number at breakfast.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by Leonvomp
Is the breakfast voucher implementation wide spread? I’ve only encountered it at the DoubleTree Heathrow and even they aren’t consistent. Everywhere else I’ve been to has just allowed me to state my room number at breakfast.
Haven’t seen vouchers in at least two years.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I believe it is a US thing - I can't recall to have seen breakfast vouchers outside US.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA almost MM
Back to reserving a room for the second person... Make sure that the person checking in has the credit card used to book the reservation with him. The best way to do this is to use his credit card for the reservation.
Moderator2 likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2020, 6:37 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
You can do the 2nd guest thing stated by other posters above, but in my experience more and more hotels are allowing the check in, but withholding status benefits (breakfast, lounge, etc) unless you show up at reception.

You still do get night / stay credit though (if that's the only thing you're after).
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: ALL Black Limitless | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Ambassador | Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Ilove2fly
Back to reserving a room for the second person... Make sure that the person checking in has the credit card used to book the reservation with him. The best way to do this is to use his credit card for the reservation.
That might be an issue as my credit card that I use to book reservations is with me always.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 3:53 am

I’ve booked using my credit card before and the additional guest has always been able to check in using their own card for incidentals.

Mobile check in might also be an option.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:00 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by shuigao
You still do get night / stay credit though (if that's the only thing you're after).
Only if the member stays at the property.

You can use your points for someone else or pay for it but they should be the primary guest if you aren't staying. While some others have received stay credit for not staying, it is clearly against the T&C and you could be subject to account closure and loss of accrued points. Airlines, credit cards, and hotel programs are more aggressively enforcing their policies.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by shuigao
You can do the 2nd guest thing stated by other posters above, but in my experience more and more hotels are allowing the check in, but withholding status benefits (breakfast, lounge, etc) unless you show up at reception.

That's another issue I've run into with sharing a room and arriving after my friend, I've lost upgrades. They've told my friend I need to come down after I arrive to get the breakfast vouchers or have the keys recoded for lounge access.

It is fair though, why should a diamond staying 60 nights a year lose an upgrade to someone that isn't a HH member.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 10:33 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
If you're in a country where hotels don't ask for ID, the additional guest can just state the primary guest's name and the hotel would be none the wiser. As long as the name matches their apparent gender and in some cases ethnicity.... and they don't say "huh? What's Diamond" when the staff thanks them for being loyal.

Many hotels don't ask status holders for a card, even on non-prepaid stays. Of hotels that do, very few of them care about whether it is the same card that is on file.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 6:03 pm

Just call and make the reservation over the phone with a Hilton reservations agent. That's really the proper way to accomplish this task. The room will be in the other person's name and she or he will handle any incidental charges.

As a bonus, you won't be violating the Terms and Conditions of the Honors program. As tkelvin69 notes, you won't find yourself in hot water if the hotel is one that strictly adheres to the policies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.