Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Honors Earning Enhancements

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Honors Earning Enhancements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:21 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards (Gold), Hilton (Diamond), Radisson (Gold)
Really impressed to see genuine improvements rather than a disguised deval.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 6:54 am

My favorite thing about this is that 2 & 3, while not being huge changes and will not affect me that much, help simplify a program that has a lot of brands with varying policies. It's nice to see simplification in a program while making minor improvements, compared to Marriott Bonvoy with their myriad of asterisks, exceptions, and footnotes when describing just about anything with their program.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
These are each very nice changes.

Two-three times per year, I book anywhere from 4-9 rooms on a single reservation. This change will be hugely beneficial to me.

Also, the inclusion of incidentals at Hamptons is a nice addition. Hamptons with steep parking rates are becoming the norm in big cities and this little addition is a nice benefit.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
My first thought was that I believe Hamptons in Britain have pubs, not just breakfast as in North America, so sent those guys a silent congratulations!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL, Hilton, National
Has anyone seen amplifying information to know if status benefits will also extend to all 4 rooms booked?
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:16 pm

Programs: United Premier Silver, Hilton Diamond
Have a stay next week with two people who's rooms I will be paying for (or at least putting on my AMEX card) so will be nice to get the points for all 3 rooms! (Plus the AMEX points!)
JDiver likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:22 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
My first thought was that I believe Hamptons in Britain have pubs, not just breakfast as in North America, so sent those guys a silent congratulations!
The are adding a bar at the Tru/Home2 co-brand in Kennesaw, GA.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
The are adding a bar at the Tru/Home2 co-brand in Kennesaw, GA.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 2:31 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paterwdb
Has anyone seen amplifying information to know if status benefits will also extend to all 4 rooms booked?
Nothing is changing in this regard. Officially, in-hotel elite member benefits are extended to the elite member and one guest in that person's room.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
wizla likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA MP HH LTD
Maybe I am splitting hairs here, but just want to confirm...I have a 10 day booking at a Conrad. Family members are coming for 3 nights one of the weekends. I have booked in my name, a separate 3 night reservation for them. I am going to earn base points for both, correct? Even tho they aren't on the same reservation.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Small but meaningful indeed. Really only impact for me now is snack stuff at Hampton’s.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 12:10 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by BlueZebra
Maybe I am splitting hairs here, but just want to confirm...I have a 10 day booking at a Conrad. Family members are coming for 3 nights one of the weekends. I have booked in my name, a separate 3 night reservation for them. I am going to earn base points for both, correct? Even tho they aren't on the same reservation.
Normally to get the base points for 2 rooms( and now 4 rooms), you have to get all the rooms charged to one folio upon check out. If you have a second reservation booked in the middle of your 10 day original reservation, you will most likely have to ask if you can check out both rooms when your friends check out and then continue your original reservation as a second stay. Not sure if this will work, but you would have to ask at the hotel.
Here's part of the new rule: "A Member may earn Base Points for up to four rooms per stay ("Earning Rooms") if all eligible charges for Earning Rooms are paid on one folio. Base Points will be earned for all eligible folio charges incurred on Earning Rooms.."
Old Jan 10, 2020, 8:55 pm

Points after 30 consecutive nights.

Any idea if Hilton will begin allowing point accumulation past 30 consecutive nights?
Old Jan 11, 2020, 9:40 am
cjd

Originally Posted by bamboola
Any idea if Hilton will begin allowing point accumulation past 30 consecutive nights?
Is there a rule that states 30 days is the max allowed for points accumulation? Now that the 100,000 Base point limit has been removed, I thought all long stays would now be able to earn Base points, irrespective of the stay length.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Now the milestone tracker can be up to four rooms out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.