Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2019, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
I recently booked a stay at hilton fort Lauderdale for late april and was charged the $300 on 10/18 for first nights deposit and credited the $250 resort credit on 10/20. Due to a work conflict I now am going to visit a different hilton resort in febuary. Is it best to cancel my reservation now to free up the booking space for the property or should I wait until after my stay at a different resort in feb to show amex I am not trying to defraud them over this card benefit?
Just cancel your reservation now. Nothing "bad" will happen from Amex. The fact that you have one reservation in April and another reservation at another property in February is basically meaningless.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist, AA, Delta, Southwest CP, Citi Prestige, MLife Platinum
So my 150,000 bonus points posted on the statement but after about a week ago but not showing in account. It seems that has always been 1-2 days since you have already waited and earned the points. Amex said there is an additional review in my case before posting...doesn't sound good. If they don't want to give the points, why put on statement as earned? Anyone else have this happen? Nothing unusual on spend to hit bonus, all legit spend and did not get any type of warning / pop up when applying etc.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by JL100
So my 150,000 bonus points posted on the statement but after about a week ago but not showing in account. It seems that has always been 1-2 days since you have already waited and earned the points. Amex said there is an additional review in my case before posting...doesn't sound good. If they don't want to give the points, why put on statement as earned? Anyone else have this happen? Nothing unusual on spend to hit bonus, all legit spend and did not get any type of warning / pop up when applying etc.
This thread is about the using the Aspire $250 resort credit. Since your question is regarding Amex policies, and nothing to do with Hilton, I'd recommend asking over on the Amex forum.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Beachchaser
Nope, I am booked on points and certs and everything is included more or less so I figured this was a nice splurge.
Yes this is one way to go about it. I have to overnight in Dubai often. I’ve found the Hilton Dubai The Walk is a pretty good value. It’s about a 30 minute drive from the airport. $40
round trip booked through the hotel. Then the room is about $150 a night, which is usually upgraded to a two story apartment. Then room service is very reasonably priced if I want, or splurge at one of the restaurants. It’s just enough to use the credit while getting a pretty good luxury experience I would say.
Old Oct 31, 2019, 5:19 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Yes this is one way to go about it. I have to overnight in Dubai often. I’ve found the Hilton Dubai The Walk is a pretty good value. It’s about a 30 minute drive from the airport. $40
round trip booked through the hotel. Then the room is about $150 a night, which is usually upgraded to a two story apartment. Then room service is very reasonably priced if I want, or splurge at one of the restaurants. It’s just enough to use the credit while getting a pretty good luxury experience I would say.
Thatd a great use of your cc benefits, an overnight in Dubai is a good problem to have.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Data point:
Sept 29th - upgraded to Aspire from no-fee Amex
Oct 15-18th (charges posted on 10/21) - stayed at Hilton Lake Buena Vista/Disney Springs
Oct 25th - received $250 statement credit
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:49 pm

Is there a place where I can verify that I still have the entire $250 resort credit available? Either on my Amex website/account or in my Hilton account?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 3:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
Checked out of Hilton Santa Barbara Beachfront Resort on 10/20. Charge posted 10/21. No credit, and CSR won't help until I wait three months. Going to try HUCAing when I have time to burn...
Update on this, which I hope will be helpful to others facing this issue: I tried text chatting a couple more times, and got an agent who, although refusing to address the problem then (around Day 10), offered that I could chat again 14 days after the charge posted and the credit could be manually requested. Chatted in today and got an agent who first gave the old "two to three more months" runaround, but then when I explained that the previous agent said the credit could be manually requested after 14 days, he "checked again" and sure enough, he said that he had "successfully requested the credit" and that it had been approved. Still waiting for it to post, but he confirmed that it had been applied. So maybe there is an actual buffer of 14 days, after which agents are able to manually request the credit through their system?
Old Nov 4, 2019, 7:18 pm

I am looking to apply for this card but I won't be able to use the resort credit within my first year. Can I put a deposit at a hotel that I am going to stay at after my one year ends? In example. I apply for the card today and I am approved. Then I have a stay for December 2020. With in the next year, I ask the hotel to put a deposit towards my folio to use when I check out?

Another option? Could I purchase Hilton gift cards at a hotel that is on the list? Would either of these trigger the credit?

TIA
Old Nov 4, 2019, 8:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MilesGator
Is there a place where I can verify that I still have the entire $250 resort credit available? Either on my Amex website/account or in my Hilton account?
Just look at your Amex account activity and search the word "resort" to see if anything has been credited back to you. May seem low tech, but it's not tracked anywhere. Neither is the $300/yr marriott credit on the Bonvoy Brilliant card.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:09 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
If you don’t want to stay and just get the credit, can you do an intl booking a valid resort and prepay and get the credit?
Old Nov 5, 2019, 10:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
If you don’t want to stay and just get the credit, can you do an intl booking a valid resort and prepay and get the credit?
But what would the point of getting a credit on money you threw away? Wouldn't that give the same net result as not spending money and not getting the credit?

Anyway, the T&Cs now (since a few months ago) say that you don't get credit for advance booking, so chances are you might not. So are you willing to risk throwing away money to possibly not get a credit anyway? It's one thing to risk an actual stay, it's another thing to risk a non-refundable stay that you never planned to do in the first place.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:20 am

Can anyone recommend Hilton property in Orlando, FL that is not expensive on points rate and where I can use one one on resort credit? I would prefer breakfast included and room with at least a Fridge & a microwave.
I will get breakfast at all Hilton property because of my diamond membership right? We are a parents and one child.

Thanks
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
Can anyone recommend Hilton property in Orlando, FL that is not expensive on points rate and where I can use one one on resort credit? I would prefer breakfast included and room with at least a Fridge & a microwave.
I will get breakfast at all Hilton property because of my diamond membership right? We are a parents and one child.

Thanks
Orlando is a big place, and the hotels are in different areas. Have you looked at the website and seen the 10 hotels in Orlando are listed and available for award redemptions on your days of travel? Points rates fluctuate. The site will also indicate which rooms have microwaves. There are three Hiltons, a Waldorf Astoria, two DoubleTrees, 3 Hilton Grand Vacations, and an Embassy Suites. If you have questions about specific properties, post in the specific thread for that property, or read DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in or near Orlando, Florida, USA {US-FL}

Last edited by Adam1222; Nov 6, 2019 at 7:44 am
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:40 am

Any DPs of using the Aspire credit at the Hilton Puerto Vallarta spa? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.