Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

System error? "Pay with Points is currently unavailable at this property."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2019, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Trying to book 5 nights for my vacation in December. Points rates are showing up on the search page with multiple hotels, but once you select a single hotel and look for the actual pay with points rate it is missing.

Is anyone else having issues? Perhaps Hilton is performing technical maintenance or something?
Old Jan 5, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
I ran into this at the HGI in Palm Beach Gardens yesterday and see it still happening today. I was trying to move a 5th Night Free reservation up a day yesterday and had checked availability on Friday. I couldn't simply change the date online, so I called into the Diamond # and the rep needed to cancel the original reso and rebook. (I believe that they have no ability to simply change the date). She said my choice of room type (King Lakeview) was not available and said she could book 2 Queens. I would much prefer the King, but agreed to take the 2Q. When I got the confirmation email I noticed she had booked an Accessible Room which I did not want to take. I called back and the next rep was able to see the King Lakeview and changed me back into it. I'm still not able to see any Std Rewards for a bunch of random dates I checked and only see Premium on some of those dates.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 7:59 am

This happened to me too a couple of days ago and still today at Hilton Waikoloa. It says that standard room rates of 60,000 points per night, on the search listings page, but go to the room booking page, no standard award rate to book on the room that would be standard, only money rates. But there are premium room awards available on other rooms. I though that Hilton's policy was that a standard award is always available if the room is available to book for points. Im not sure if this is a glitch or not.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:25 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton

Programs: Hilton Honors
More than happy to look into any suspected anomalies. I just need the details sent to me via Private Mail + the account number.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Hilton Honors Ambassador
More than happy to look into any suspected anomalies. I just need the details sent to me via Private Mail + the account number.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Sent.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Anomaly pops up for me too with Hilton Stockholm. Seems to only affect the new webpage design. The Flex rate is showing the Sale rate price, and choosing the Flex pulls up the Honors Sale Rate and Policies.

Old page has everything working smoothly, including for points bookings.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Anomaly pops up for me too with Hilton Stockholm. Seems to only affect the new webpage design. The Flex rate is showing the Sale rate price, and choosing the Flex pulls up the Honors Sale Rate and Policies.

What is the way to pull up the old page design?
Old Jan 6, 2020, 9:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by DreamHigh
Originally Posted by ELWmusic1
What is the way to pull up the old page design?
Yes, please, a URL for the old page! The new page might be better for a phone, but it is awful for a desktop or laptop computer.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:03 am

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors
I can't get the pay with points to work on the website either. I get the "It's not you it's us" error.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, HGVC, WN RR, National Exec, Avis Preferred
Just sent you a PM with the property and dates I was looking at.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 1:18 pm

Programs: MP, Marriott, HHonors
I just switched to a different browser (I usually use Chrome but tried IE) and IE worked for this error.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:50 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
Originally Posted by serpens
Yes, please, a URL for the old page! The new page might be better for a phone, but it is awful for a desktop or laptop computer.
Searching directly from the main Honors webpage sent me to the old page. Opening the hotel page from Google (Hotels search) sent me to the new page. As of right now, I have no idea how to manually pull up the old page
Old Jan 10, 2020, 3:50 pm

My issue for booking the Hilton Waikoloa was fixed. I am now able to book a standard rate room with points. Maybe the other properties have been fixed. I feel like this may have been a New Years type problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.