Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zemi Beach House {AIA}

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by csong825
We will be staying at Zemi in a few weeks so looking to get some input from others who have recently traveled to Anguilla. They dropped the requirement for entry application but still require a negative covid test prior to arrival. The Visit Anguilla site specifies that a nasopharyngeal swab must be used and it must be indicated on the test result. However, in the US, at least where I’m located, all tests are done with swabbing the anterior nares. Our state run testing site does not even specify the source of the swab. Does anyone else have experience with submitting test results that do not specify that a nasopharyngeal swab was taken? I just want to get a sense of how strict they are about this..
I had my rapid antigen test done at CVS Minuteclinic, and the results report did not indicate anything about how the test was taken. I was a little concerned that my results would not be accepted. Since the report did indicate the test manufacturer and name, I printed some information from their website indicating that the test was a nasopharyngeal swab. I held this additional information in reserve and was not questioned, but I think it is one of those situations where YMMV depending on the person looking at the documentation. I also think that having a test from one of the big US drugstore chains likely helps, since they are used to seeing those. If you have a Walgreens or CVS nearby, you might want to go there instead of your state site. Alternately, you could reach out in advance to the email for the Visit Anguilla website and see if they will accept your state test. I read that when everyone was required to submit entry applications, some people were getting tests done earlier and submitting them to find out if the results would be accepted.

Good luck!
Old May 1, 2022, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by needtoescape
I had my rapid antigen test done at CVS Minuteclinic, and the results report did not indicate anything about how the test was taken. I was a little concerned that my results would not be accepted. Since the report did indicate the test manufacturer and name, I printed some information from their website indicating that the test was a nasopharyngeal swab. I held this additional information in reserve and was not questioned, but I think it is one of those situations where YMMV depending on the person looking at the documentation. I also think that having a test from one of the big US drugstore chains likely helps, since they are used to seeing those. If you have a Walgreens or CVS nearby, you might want to go there instead of your state site. Alternately, you could reach out in advance to the email for the Visit Anguilla website and see if they will accept your state test. I read that when everyone was required to submit entry applications, some people were getting tests done earlier and submitting them to find out if the results would be accepted.

Good luck!
Thanks for your response. Will plan on getting tested at CVS and hope for the best.
Old May 12, 2022, 1:44 pm

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
We are going there this summer. Very excited. Can't wait.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:18 am

Does anyone know if the CVS covid-19 testing are acceptable for entry to Anguilla?

It says "All tests MUST be taken via a nasopharyngeal (nasal) swab, which must be stated on the test results." I am looking at the CVS test results. It doesn't say "nasopharyngeal swab" anywere.
https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com/
Old Jun 8, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by opus2002
Does anyone know if the CVS covid-19 testing are acceptable for entry to Anguilla?

It says "All tests MUST be taken via a nasopharyngeal (nasal) swab, which must be stated on the test results." I am looking at the CVS test results. It doesn't say "nasopharyngeal swab" anywere.
https://escape.ivisitanguilla.com/
See my response a few posts back about my experience with CVS rapid antigen tests.
opus2002 likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by needtoescape
See my response a few posts back about my experience with CVS rapid antigen tests.
Thanks for your input. Just to follow-up, we had a great trip. Rapid antigen tests from CVS 2 days prior to arrival were fine. I have young kids who got a rapid test at the pediatrician’s office and our pediatrician wrote a letter saying they were both negative. Since both are too young to be vaccinated, they both got retested on arrival to Anguilla. This was an oral swab rapid test, $50 each. Got the negative result by email and text in the taxi on the way to Zemi.

As for Zemi, it was our first time and we loved it. Excellent facilities and service. Pristine beach. Upgraded from 2 Queen Garden View to Ocean View in Building 3 as a Diamond. Received welcome drink and welcome amenity (chocolates, champagne, still and sparkling Voss water). There was turndown service nightly with cookies. Breakfast was solid. Food at the resort is decent but pricey. Would definitely recommend renting a car to eat around the island. All of the food was excellent but pretty much NYC prices. Would highly recommend eating at one of the restaurants at Cap Julaca as the hotel there is stunning. We ate at Pimms and it was well worth it.

We did not need to be tested to return to the US as we all had letters of recovery and recwnt positive covid tests. However the staff can easily make arrangements for testing. Looking forward to going back soon.
opus2002 and Rgraffia87 like this.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:03 am
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by csong825
Would definitely recommend renting a car to eat around the island.
Any recommendations for car hire?
Will be there soon and while I was not planning on a car, am now having second thoughts
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Any recommendations for car hire?
Will be there soon and while I was not planning on a car, am now having second thoughts
I just came back from Zemi. Not much to add to what others have said already, except food. IMHO, food is pricey pretty much anywhere you go in Anguilla. I didn't think the Zemi's food at 20knots is a higher other than others. The only "cheap" food I found was Blanchards Beach Shack in Meads Bay. They also rent out beach chairs and umbrellas for $5 a day, very reasonable prices. From Zemi, you need a car to get there.
https://blanchardsrestaurant.com/

As far as car rental, I went with Andy's Car Rental, as I needed an 8 passenger minivan. The one offered via the hotel is Land Cruiser, but 3rd row in Land Cruiser is tight. If you don't need an 8-passenger one, just go with what Zemi guess services will offer. Prices are about the same or just a little higher.
Football Fan likes this.

Last edited by opus2002; Jul 15, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:07 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by opus2002
I just came back from Zemi. Not much to add to what others have said already, except food. IMHO, food is pricey pretty much anywhere you go in Anguilla. I didn't think the Zemi's food at 20knots is a higher other than others. The only "cheap" food I found was Blanchards Beach Shack in Meads Bay. They also rent out beach chairs and umbrellas for $5 a day, very reasonable prices. From Zemi, you need a car to get there.
https://blanchardsrestaurant.com/

As far as car rental, I went with Andy's Car Rental, as I needed an 8 passenger minivan. The one offered via the hotel is Land Cruiser, but 3rd row in Land Cruiser is tight. If you don't need an 8-passenger one, just go with what Zemi guess services will offer. Prices are about the same or just a little higher.
I got a car and was glad I did. Really opens up your options for dining and also get to see a bit of the island. The best value on the island is Artisan Pizza. Really good Neapolitan pizza and great prices. Granted you are not on the beach but food is great. I was at Blanchards and that is decent also, though I thought portions on the small side. Elvis beach bar is a fun hangout

I flew into AXA but left via SXM.
Next time I will fly in and out of AXA. Bit of a faff going thru SXM
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by soy
Elvis beach bar is a fun hangout

I flew into AXA but left via SXM.
Next time I will fly in and out of AXA. Bit of a faff going thru SXM
Did you go to the salt bed near Elvis bar? I thought that was quite unique.

I flew Jetblue EWR-SXM non-stop, then took "hotel" booked Funtime ferry over. Airfare I got was so much cheaper than AA PHL-MIA-AXA. But given same price, I would have taken the one via Miami. For return, I stayed at Sint Maarten, so no question it would have been SXM-EWR, which was much cheaper than SXM-MIA-PHL.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 9:30 am
MTY

Taking my family there now, we have an overnight connection in MIA and will fly to AXA tomorrow for 4 nights. We fly back via SXM. The Hilton app shows that I've been given the complimentary (wife and I are both diamond via Aspire) upgrade from 2 Queen Garden View to 2 Queen Ocean Front so that is nice. It seems that if you book into the basic room category, then an oceanfront upgrade is the best you can get unfortunately -- but I'll still take it! The reviews seem to be very good so my wife and I are very much looking forward to an easy beach vacation with the kids. Is Gwen's kid friendly? (ages 5 & 7) and does anyone know if they have live music other days other than Sunday (looks like it could be rainy that day)?

Between my wife and I, we've been double stacking Aspire resort credits the last few years (Conrad Maldives, Conrad Punta Mita) and getting spectacular value from the card overall, thanks Amex/Hilton!
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MTY
Taking my family there now, we have an overnight connection in MIA and will fly to AXA tomorrow for 4 nights. We fly back via SXM. The Hilton app shows that I've been given the complimentary (wife and I are both diamond via Aspire) upgrade from 2 Queen Garden View to 2 Queen Ocean Front so that is nice. It seems that if you book into the basic room category, then an oceanfront upgrade is the best you can get unfortunately -- but I'll still take it! The reviews seem to be very good so my wife and I are very much looking forward to an easy beach vacation with the kids. Is Gwen's kid friendly? (ages 5 & 7) and does anyone know if they have live music other days other than Sunday (looks like it could be rainy that day)?

Between my wife and I, we've been double stacking Aspire resort credits the last few years (Conrad Maldives, Conrad Punta Mita) and getting spectacular value from the card overall, thanks Amex/Hilton!
Gwen's is awesome and definitely kid friendly. The place is super chill. Think a very rustic beach bar on the beach itself. Their rum punch is one of the best on the island (and super strong). Not sure about music outside of Sunday
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:47 pm

Trip with kids

Can't seem to find 2 queen bed availability at the standard award rate. Is it possible to book a King and bring the kids along? They are 3 and 6 and I usually prefer to sleep on small blow up mattresses when we travel (so they don't roll off the bed)

Anyone have any experience here with young children?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:17 pm

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by shablagoo
Can't seem to find 2 queen bed availability at the standard award rate. Is it possible to book a King and bring the kids along? They are 3 and 6 and I usually prefer to sleep on small blow up mattresses when we travel (so they don't roll off the bed)

Anyone have any experience here with young children?

Our child was still in her crib but the standard king rooms are pretty spacious. We also got a babysitter thru the hotel and had a great experience. She was incredible and we ended using her several times during the week.
Old Sep 27, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hertz Five Star
Diamond daily credit

Good morning,

If I understand this property provides Breakfast for all guests? If this is the case does it still provide the daily $30.00 F&B credit per person?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.