Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

So Long, Farewell…and Hello! To a New Hilton Representative

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

So Long, Farewell…and Hello! To a New Hilton Representative

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:59 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Welcome back William!!! ^
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
No program or portfolio is perfect but William’s move fits in with my drift away from Marriott after a brief foray.

Good luck to Lauren in her new role.

Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Lauren, thank you for the time you took to be personally helpful once or twice when I had Hilton issues arise. Good luck in your new gig; we'll miss you here. And welcome William. Current trends suggest you have been replaced at Marriott by an IVR bot. But I am pleased you are on this team.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium.
You will be deeply missed! Good luck in your new role and thank you for being one of the most awesome social media reps in the travel sector!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:13 pm

I'm sure we'll never know all the details here, but what I know for sure is that there's one guy who set the standard in terms of internet engagement with members, and that guy is now at Hilton.

This speaks volumes. I'm not nearly the road warrior as many of you but I've stayed in enough hotels in my life to often dread it. One thing I'm happy about is that I haven't had many issues. But the one time I did have a significant issue, William stepped in and mediated it. (It was a walk issue.) That single encounter probably led me to put many more nights in at the chain at which he was affiliated at the time, because I knew that if I had an issue that I had a sounding board that would at least give me an ear and a fair shake if possible. I hope he'll get the same level of support by Hilton and I hope Hilton understands the value of that kind of engagement.

Marriott can't get out of its own way right now. Maybe that will change. For right now I truly hope that Hilton understands the opportunity it has to pluck many of us away. Lifetime status is difficult to walk away from, but Hilton will probably never have a better opportunity than right now to lock up some loyalty if it plays its cards right. This is a good start. What a great move.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
As someone who has increasingly drifted from Starwood to Hilton, I'm happy that William has followed suit. I look forward to William's contributions and am thankful for Lauren's participation in FlyerTalk.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:45 pm

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Shucks, Hilton is my backup right now but I may have to p]pchange from Marriott to Hilton as my primary...and no I am not kidding.

William set the standard for an internet rep. He didn't just parrot marketing stuff, he had a personality, and he was always helpful - even if he couldn't fix an issue.

Great Coup for Hilton!
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:48 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ohmark
What about "Hilton Lurker?" Missed opportunity.
I don’t know. Throwing ambassador in there seems like some first class trolling.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:52 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
William took a page from the "Can you hear me now? Good!" dude's playbook
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC-100k, MR LTT
This move alone has me considering the Hilton program for the first time.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Excellent news. Thank you Lauren for your good work.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Thank you Lauren for being such a great asset here, and best wishes for your future success.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 7:53 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; IHG Platinum; Bonvoy Gold; AA Platinum Pro and United Premier Silver (DH = AA EXP)
Thanks for all that you've done Lauren! Welcome aboard William!

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Aug 31, 2019 at 3:25 pm Reason: expletive deleted
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM
Lauren, you helped provide the trip of a lifetime to my terminally ill sister. While she has sadly passed, the memories of our trip will stay with me forever. I am eternally grateful.

Fay
Old Aug 22, 2019, 8:14 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Lauren, thank you very much for your support and information. And glad you benfited from reading what we wrote ...

And a welcome back to William. That is what I call a unexpected surprise ^
travelsavant likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.