FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hilton | Hilton Honors (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors-417/)
-   -   So Long, Farewell…and Hello! To a New Hilton Representative (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1984082-so-long-farewell-hello-new-hilton-representative.html)

Hilton Honors Ambassador Aug 22, 2019 1:06 pm

So Long, Farewell…and Hello! To a New Hilton Representative

Hi all,

After almost four years of working as our Hilton Honors Representative, I wanted to share the news that I will be handing over the FlyerTalk baton at the end of this week. I’ll be taking on a new position within the Hilton organization (so not going very far!), but I will miss getting the chance to work with all of our loyal members and the FlyerTalk community every day! You all have kept me on my toes the last few years, and I’ve certainly picked up a lot of great travel tips along the way – yes, I’ve paid attention to all the chatter!

On a much more exciting note – I’m thrilled to introduce you to your new Hilton Honors Representative, William Sanders! Some of you may already be familiar with William from his past experience posting on FlyerTalk, in which case, I don’t have to tell you what an amazing addition he is to the Hilton Honors team. William and I will be working together the rest of the week as he transitions into his new role, and we’ll also be slightly changing our username to “Hilton Honors Ambassador” to mark the occasion. Stay tuned for a post from William soon.

Thank you again for all your honesty, feedback and loyalty over the past few years – it’s been a fun ride. And who knows, maybe I’ll be doing a little lurking of my own! :)

Thanks!
Lauren

MSPeconomist Aug 22, 2019 1:09 pm

WOW, what a coup. Congrats to Hilton for recruiting an amazingly excellent representative.

Troopers Aug 22, 2019 1:21 pm

Wow! Welcome William!

SanDiego1K Aug 22, 2019 1:31 pm

Lauren, thanks for all your help. You've helped a lot on FT and we are very appreciative to have had you here. Best wishes to you in your new position. And well done on a stellar job recruiting your replacement.

IBobi Aug 22, 2019 1:39 pm

Welcome back William!

wizla Aug 22, 2019 1:45 pm

Thanks Lauren for all your time and help, you will be missed!

Hello William, all the best in your new role.

craz Aug 22, 2019 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Troopers (Post 31444932)
Wow! Welcome William!

William all I can say is RUN as fast as you can and get away from these thieves! As bad as MR was HH is a million times worse! At least MR pretends that they care about us, while HH simply will spit in our face and tell us to go jump in a lake.

You wont have much to do since HHs motto is We Dont Give A Darn and would love to use the url ;Scam Is Us.com

How I yearn for Ye Ole Days with SPG, that was a company that put Desire into We Care and they did

Too bad Hyatt didnt take you, imo they are the only ones out there today that remind me of SPG and actually care about its guests and wanting them to be treated correctly.

EuropeanPete Aug 22, 2019 1:50 pm

Thanks for everything Lauren, lots of luck with the new job!

Hilton has done an exceptionally good job with your replacement. I think I speak for everyone ex-SPG when I say I’m super happy to have William back as a customer advocate again.

wizla Aug 22, 2019 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by craz (Post 31445034)
William all I can say is RUN as fast as you can and get away from these thieves! As bad as MR was HH is a million times worse! At least MR pretends that they care about us, while HH simply will spit in our face and tell us to go jump in a lake.

You wont have much to do since HHs motto is We Dont Give A Darn and would love to use the url ;Scam Is Us.com

How I yearn for Ye Ole Days with SPG, that was a company that put Desire into We Care and they did

Too bad Hyatt didnt take you, imo they are the only ones out there today that remind me of SPG and actually care about its guests and wanting them to be treated correctly.

Wow craz!........ you need to stop holding back and say what you feel!.....haha , seriously though is it that bad?

arlflyer Aug 22, 2019 1:57 pm

Epic! My experience as a 5+ year elite with both HH and MR is that their paths are crossing, with HH on the upward trajectory of the two. So, good career move in my opinion!!! And smart of Hilton to poach the talent which brings along so much good will here on FT.

Finkface Aug 22, 2019 2:09 pm

Wow, this is awesome! Welcome, William. What a great addition.

And to Lauren, all the best in your new position and many thanks for all you have done for us over the past four years.

BlueZebra Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Thanks Lauren, for all the help in the past. Good luck in the new position!!

Welcome William!

Land-of-Miles Aug 22, 2019 2:29 pm

Welcome William and congrats on following a number of customers through the MR escape hatch, although sadly HH is a very long way from SPG that was.

BotB Aug 22, 2019 2:36 pm

Thanks Lauren for all your time and help, you will be missed!

Hello William, all the best in your new role.
A very hearty +1 on the above two points...best wishes to you Lauren, you helped me a few times and it was greatly appreciated, best wishes for the new role.

Not dealt with William before but a sincere welcome to the HH fold and this part of the forum, hope I don't have to ask for your help but great that you are here and hoping you'll find it rewarding and informative. Big shoes to fill!

Safe travels everyone. ^

Points Scrounger Aug 22, 2019 2:37 pm

Thanks for your help in the past, Lauren!

Longtime, no see, William! ;)