Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HHonors to Membership Rewards to Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2019, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton

Hello everyone,
I've been travelling for last few months and accommodated good amount of Hhonors points(around 500K). I don't have any vacation plans in near future that i can redeem my HHonors points and My corporate rate is always cheaper than Pay with Points(assuming 0.5 cents per HH point). So was thinking about some redemption options and came up with below idea, would like your feedback.
1. Transfer HH to MR points(1:2)
2. Transfer MR points to Sky miles(1.2 Cents/Mile). Currently MR is offering 30% bonus for Virgin Atlantic Miles, good value for MR points.
3. Or redeem MR points at 1 cent/pt.

Have Questions
Can we retransfer MR points? Any better option for redeeming HH Points?
Old May 29, 2019, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by vreddy
Hello everyone,
I've been travelling for last few months and accommodated good amount of Hhonors points(around 500K). I don't have any vacation plans in near future that i can redeem my HHonors points and My corporate rate is always cheaper than Pay with Points(assuming 0.5 cents per HH point). So was thinking about some redemption options and came up with below idea, would like your feedback.
1. Transfer HH to MR points(1:2)
2. Transfer MR points to Sky miles(1.2 Cents/Mile). Currently MR is offering 30% bonus for Virgin Atlantic Miles, good value for MR points.
3. Or redeem MR points at 1 cent/pt.

Have Questions
Can we retransfer MR points? Any better option for redeeming HH Points?
Doing multiple transfers usually isn’t a good idea. I’d say it’s much better to find a friend Honors points to, and who has DL or other miles to book you something with.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:07 pm

Programs: Hilton credit card Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
As far as I know, it is not possible to transfer Hilton Honors points to American Express Membership Rewards.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jbeckett
As far as I know, it is not possible to transfer Hilton Honors points to American Express Membership Rewards.
Yes, we can transfer at 2:1 ratio.
Old May 29, 2019, 7:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)

Yes, we can transfer at 2:1 ratio.
You can transfer from Amex to Hilton at 2:1. Are you sure you can transfer the other way?
Old May 29, 2019, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Sorry Everyone, I didn't research properly. Yes, HH Points cannot be transferred to MR Points.
Open to suggestion on how to redeem HH points to max value.
Old May 29, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Sorry Everyone, I didn't research properly. Yes, HH Points cannot be transferred to MR Points.
Max value is going to be at Hotels.
Old May 29, 2019, 10:13 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Use them to book hotels.

Neil
Old May 29, 2019, 11:51 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Can’t you shop on Amazon now and pay with HH points? Not nearly as good as booking a hotel but if the OP doesn’t want to use them for stays, there aren’t many other options.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Amex Plat, National Elite
cashing them out will be the worst.
Old May 30, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
don't have any vacation plans in near future that i can redeem my HHonors points and My corporate rate is always cheaper than Pay with Points(assuming 0.5 cents per HH point)
Transferring 500k to AA would get you 75k Aadvantage miles, which is enough for one way saver business class to Asia ($2200 was the equivalent LAX-PVG cash fare when I booked). That's only 0.44 cents per HH point. Definitely don't transfer to Delta (500k -> 50k = $600).

So even if your corporate rate is better than 0.5cpp if you are going for best value redemption, with that many points I'd probably redeem them anyway as hotel stays.

You also don't have a rush, it's 12 months from your last activity to see what might come up!
Old May 30, 2019, 11:45 am
Suspended

Pretty easy to keep Hilton points alive by extending the expiry. Just hold the points until you see a good redemption value.
sdsearch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.