Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by kissfan

Did you clear your cache? Chrome is notorious in this area.
I did: same result.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It would be nice if people who had absolutely nothing constructive to add, just stayed out of things... You know, minimizing the effect of FT world the other way too, I. E. The 20 or 30 people thusfar who have reported issues in various threads, could represent 3,000.... Or 3 million people. When you consider that I have been a Diamond member for so long that I predate a real website for checking such things, and I cannot recall any single problem such as this that has ever gone on before for this length of time, and even when there was such a problem for a few days, they warned everyone about it. I also wonder how many people out there do not realize that there is a problem? Seriously. I had a steady at the end of April which was pending for over a week, then it finalized with no credit. I wrote in and got a garbage reply, I wrote in again to ask actual person that I had dealt with before and it was fixed. Then a privilege with the next start, as well as promo credits. Then a threshold credit for not post, then the next stay did the long "pending" thing, and only then did I write back and forth 2 more times before I got an admission that they have a major problem.

And add we all know when it does get fixed the will be errors in what is earned, how promos post, etc, and it will be a pain.

But what do I know. I have only been on FT for 20 years, I was in the Talkboard, I was one of the leaders of the first and most successful movement against an airlines FF changes. But I obviously know nothing, because I do not use the quote feature and this guy thinks out hyperbolic and not major, especially as the problem has gone from just points not posting to not being able to sign in full stop for many people. I could just be really dismissive to people and be rude, and then just say that it's a bulletin board, but that ain't my style.
est-gratuite likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I was finally able to sign in but only by trying to make a booking. Once I found the hotel it asked me to sign in and it worked without asking me to sign in again. I did have a problem navigating to see my account but then tried looking at the rooms available and the link showed up at the top for my account.
Those of you that can't sign in try booking a dummy reservation and see if it works for you.
Old May 20, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
I have been having the issue for over a month and notified Hilton of the issue 3 weeks ago. I connected with them via Facebook and they hadn't given me many answers. They finally came back and told me on Friday that they are "working on the fix and that points should be resolved in the next 60 days" I am very skeptical. I actually stayed at several Marriott's last week as I was so annoyed.

Great way to handle it Hilton. Tons of Diamonds getting annoyed, including myself (Lifetime Diamond)...
Old May 20, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
Originally Posted by bse118
Again - in my perspective (which is all we can offer when posting on an internet message board), all of that is a minor annoyance. And my OP was in responsive to a hyperbolic thread title on a separate thread which has now been merged here.

Just logged in my account again with no issue. We don't know how widespread this issue is ... people are far more likely to post "it's not working" than to post "all normal here"

Sorry if my posting my opinion on a message board causes you distress.
You are entitled to your own perspective, but the thread title is not hyperbolic. It is factual. If it isn't an issue for you, great. It is for more people than you think and Hilton's lack of response is annoying for all of us.
Old May 20, 2019, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by bse118
1) I just logged into the HHonors site from my laptop no problem.
2) A few people posting on FT does not necessarily represent "many of their most frequent guests"
3) All of my points from recent stays have posted without issue (including in this "two week" period you reference)
4) Even if they don't, I have a record of my stays, Hilton says they are aware of the issue, and I know the points would eventually post (even if requiring manual follow-up later)

So yes, seems like a minor annoyance.

A "Huge IT Problem" would be something like a systemwide inability to check guests in or a complete breach of credit card info. Something on that scale.
It's great you can generate such a sanguine response. But the concern centres on an organisation which lives or dies by its IT systems functioning on all cylinders. As it were.

You'll see that as hyperbole again, I know; but there we are.

I'm a weak diamond, with just 3 stay in the last few weeks, none of which has posted with points, none of which has shifted my stay count on a notch. Which got me interested enough to tot up my earlier stays, and - guess what - they don't tally with Hilton's view of my world. Most troubling is I've had no response at all from the website's missing points thingy.

Yes, I'm sure they will work it out. Eventually. And we'll likely benefit from some extra points as goodwill. Yipee.

But that's missing the point (sorry): I think most of us who back Hilton with our sleep-time and our cash would like to feel it's an organisation with the managerial, technical and financial wherewithal to implement and maintain a fully functional IT system.

We have no idea if the current manifestation of shoddy IT performance is isolated to this little corner of the system, or if our future reservations, personal details and credit card numbers are as vulnerable as they were with, say, Marriott. Or British Airways
Old May 20, 2019, 12:46 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I am Diamond, can log in right now, and my points and stay credit this year are correct by my reckoning. All stays but one this year have posted next working day and the one which didn't post was rectified within 2 days of reporting the issue. So far I have been very pleased.

I would say that it's a minor issue for Hilton overall, as hotels seem to be operating normally. However, for Hilton Honors specifically, it is a major issue and I am not confident that my account will remain problem-free.

I can't fathom how this issue could arise. Did half of the database get corrupted and become read-only or something?
Old May 20, 2019, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by :D!
I can't fathom how this issue could arise. Did half of the database get corrupted and become read-only or something?
No one would/could tell us. My stays were posting automatically the next day up until the end of April. Other posters report having issues from as early as March. I don't think that anyone is safe from being affected from whatever this is. While Hilton is still giving the ridiculous 60 days timeline for getting our points, no one is saying anything about what's happened and what they're doing to rectify it.
Old May 20, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: HH LTD, AA LTG
So after the a previous couple stays I had with 0 points posting when called, I was told the problem fixed going forward. They will adjust in July at earliest, for the previous stays.

My last stay since then - same - same 0 points. Called again and got my third different answer. HH a multi-billion dollar franchise and the cheap .......s won't pay for a decent IT system or empower the call center to help. Completely UNSTAT or what we called in the military a cluster ....!!!!
Old May 21, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: HH Diamond Marriott PT
Update: 1 of of 4 stays posted with the 3x points bonus tacked onto it. Not the most ideal but I'm not complaining. This stay was completed back in early April.
Old May 21, 2019, 5:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Lee Lin Kai
Update: 1 of of 4 stays posted with the 3x points bonus tacked onto it. Not the most ideal but I'm not complaining. This stay was completed back in early April.
Do you mean they gave you extra points as a good will gesture or was it a targeted promotion?
Old May 21, 2019, 5:44 am

Originally Posted by Andriyko
Do you mean they gave you extra points as a good will gesture or was it a targeted promotion?
The 3x points is a targeted promotion that is valid for 1 stay. Chronologically speaking, I only registered for the promotion in May and it should have applied to my latest stay instead of the stay back in April. But since the point bonus for the 2 stays don't differ too much I am too lazy to follow up to transfer the bonus to the later stay. The 2k bonus points posted properly for me though.
Old May 22, 2019, 5:00 am

All stays except for 1 posted correctly. Latest stay posted. The missing stay is sometime in April
Old May 22, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Le Club Accor Platinum, BAEC Gold
Smile I see some points added to my account

Good news... a couple of my 'missing stays' have been resolved earlier today... only 3 more to go... based on communication they can't find them back in their system... ;-)

I hope you all notice some progress as well.
Old May 22, 2019, 3:35 pm

initiated point transfer to family member's account 2 days ago, still nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.