Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Old May 7, 19, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, PS, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Unhappy Points not posting - ongoing HH IT issues

Guys wanted to see if anyone is experiencing the same problem as I am. Points stopped posting for me automatically about a week ago. The stays/nights count also does not update. I can see the hotels listed in the 'recent activity' section but points are shown as zero. I contacted Honors who told me that it was a Hilton-wide issue (although each new agent is giving a different reason), but I figured that I'd have read about it here if that were really the case. They also can't add the points manually getting an error (which is even more strange). Is anyone facing the same issues? Thanks.
Old May 7, 19, 8:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EX-AA Explat, WN Loyalist
I am having the same issue as you. My issue started mid April and has extended for the past 6 stays. I called the Lifetime Diamond Desk and they started a "ticket" for each of the stays. They said it was a systemwide issue that some customers are experiencing. Needless to say, I am not staying with Hilton until they show it can be resolved... I would think within a week, they could solve it, but not the case
Old May 7, 19, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by leeinct View Post
I am having the same issue as you. My issue started mid April and has extended for the past 6 stays. I called the Lifetime Diamond Desk and they started a "ticket" for each of the stays. They said it was a systemwide issue that some customers are experiencing. Needless to say, I am not staying with Hilton until they show it can be resolved... I would think within a week, they could solve it, but not the case
But have the points been finally added for you? The tickets were also opened for me, but no points are showing in my account.
Old May 7, 19, 8:43 am

I'm not having this issue and in the past week I have made three stays.
Old May 7, 19, 9:23 am

No. Still waiting.
Old May 7, 19, 9:42 am
Original Poster

No. Still waiting.
Oh no. I am sorry to hear that.
I was surprised that I did not see many posts on FT about the points not being posted, which got me thinking that there may not be any Hilton-wide issues.
I just spoke to the Diamond Desk again, and they still insisted that there was a system issue but that it only affected some customers (you and me?). I just can't believe that it is taking them so long to fix it if you're saying that your issues started in mid-April.
Old May 7, 19, 9:53 am

There's loads of issues.

I'm missing nearly 250 nights from my lifetime count and that is another "system issue" that they have a prepared statement to read out.
theavguy likes this.
Old May 7, 19, 10:36 am

I notified them on May 1 when I noticed the first one didn't post. Called again yesterday and was told that the system was generating an error code. Either way, I am holding off from any future stays with them til it is resolved. I have a stay next week at a Westin in Pittsburgh, but just hate spreading the wealth among other brands. Just wish they would fix it sooner than later...
theavguy likes this.
Old May 7, 19, 11:58 am

Programs: HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Marriott, Choice, IHG, Hertz FiveStar,
I had a stay in Orlando on Sat night. The stay shows and the points have been credited to my account.
Old May 7, 19, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Called again yesterday and was told that the system was generating an error code.

That is the explanation I am also getting.

Either way, I am holding off from any future stays with them til it is resolved.
That's a smart decision. I have a feeling that points won't start being credited automatically until they resolve this issue. If they cannot add the stays even manually now it means that it is one and same issue. I am also afraid that if not too many accounts are affected by this 'issue' we may have to wait for a loooooong time as it won't be a priority for Hilton.
Old May 7, 19, 3:54 pm
cjd

Had 4 stays this month and all points and credits in account the next day after check out. Used to take 3 or 4 days with initially the stay showing zero points in account after 2 days.
Old May 7, 19, 10:20 pm

Programs: HH Gold
Same issue here started for me almost a month back. I've been requesting updates from CS but not getting much on the time line to resolve these issues. So far gotten 10k points credited as goodwill
Old May 7, 19, 10:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lee Lin Kai View Post
So far gotten 10k points credited as goodwill
That's what I found in my account today as well - 10K points as a goodwill gesture. No updates from customer service though. Kind of scary to read that you've had this issue for almost a month now with nor resolution.
Old May 8, 19, 10:49 am

Nothing here and to be honest, I am getting more and more angry by the day. I actually hate the idea of staying at Marriott properties as I have been extremely loyal to Hiltons for a long time (Lifetime Diamond for a year now). But if I am not getting credit for stays, I am not going to chase them down and beg. Not worth the effort every time they have an issue. That said, I booked 10 stays this AM with Marriott properties today (they are cancellable if they get their $hit together soon). If not, I will switch until it is resolved. Just annoys me
theavguy likes this.
Old May 8, 19, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Nothing here and to be honest, I am getting more and more angry by the day. I actually hate the idea of staying at Marriott properties as I have been extremely loyal to Hiltons for a long time (Lifetime Diamond for a year now). But if I am not getting credit for stays, I am not going to chase them down and beg. Not worth the effort every time they have an issue. That said, I booked 10 stays this AM with Marriott properties today (they are cancellable if they get their $hit together soon). If not, I will switch until it is resolved. Just annoys me
It looks like very few accounts (I am also a LTD btw) are affected. Just look at this thread. It is annoying, I agree, And I am also angry because I am not aware of any IT issue preventing the posting of points that Hilton cannot fix in a speedy manner. I understand your point about having to chase points for each stay from now on. To tell you the truth, I am not ready to give up on staying with Hilton hotels yet. But their utter inaptitude is so so frustrating. Every time I call I am told how valuable I am, how they appreciate my business and that they would escalate and talk to the IT department, and what not, but then a big nothing.
theavguy likes this.

Search this Thread