Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton system glitch?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:37 pm
Original Poster

Hilton system glitch?

Looking for help/advice to solve a problem. I recently made a last minute reservation (24 hours before check-in) at Hilton Virginia Beach via the Hilton website and the system sent me two confirmation emails, both having different confirmation numbers. I immediately called Hilton honors helpline and they cancelled one of the reservations and told me I won't be charged twice as it seems to be a system issue. However, two days later my credit card was charged with the full amount twice. I called the hotel and they said they have to charge me for both the reservations even though one of them was cancelled, as they have a 48 hour cancellation policy.

Every time I call the hotel or HHonors, I keep getting routed from one department to another. Last time I called them I spent almost 90 minutes talking to:
Reservations --> Accounting --> Front desk --> Central reservations --> Hampton inn front desk (they mis-routed me here) --> Hilton Virginia beach front desk --> General Manager (finally)

The GM was supportive, understood the situation, and filed a dispute on my behalf with the central reservations team. However, he didn't seem positive that I would get the refund. I am going to dispute this with my credit card bank too, however, I feel they may not support me given that I don't have any evidence to support the system glitch.

Anyone else face a similar problem recently? Looking for suggestions or pointers on how this can be resolved. Thank you!
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:34 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Are both emails showing the same time for when they where sent.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Nope, the emails were 5 minutes apart.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hi,

Different subject but not to open a new threat, I post here.

My last 3 stays have been booked through Hilton.com and not using any promo codes, with rates around 115 USD/night + taxes.
In the first I only received only the 1000 points as Diamond, in the 2nd the 1000 points + 45 points(as if the rate was 4.5 USD), and the 3rd, at a HGI, I chose points instead of breakfast, the 750 have not been credited and only 50 Points have been credited(plus the corresponding promo).

Anybody else having this issue?

Thanks,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.