Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-FL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-FL}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2019, 9:10 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Arrow The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-FL}

Told by one of the managers that changeover will take place March 1. The hotel is located three blocks from American Airlines Arena, across the street from the Perez Art Museum, Frost Museum of Science and Arsht Center for Performing Arts. There's also a stop on the Metromover (free) so easy to go downtown or to Brickell and right across the MacArthur Causeway to South Beach. Also closest hotel to Cruise Port so good for pre- or post stays Less than 15 minutes to the airport. There's a full service Hilton a few blocks north and also a DoubleTree nearby. The manager mentioned the new hotel name however I forgot.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:15 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
TA reviews are pretty good so this would seem to be a nice addition if indeed true.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 6:12 am
Ambassador, LATAM

Programs: LATAM, Lifemiles
Do we have other sources on this? I have a points booking for March, hopefully it won't be affected?

Last edited by andreadbc; Mar 22, 2019 at 5:59 am
Old Mar 22, 2019, 6:01 am
Ambassador, LATAM

**update March 20th**
My stay (very brief overnight) went well, I was told by front desk the change would happen on April 1st...

Googling around>> it will be "The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton"

thoughts?
Old Jan 10, 2020, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any updates here? We will be there next week instead of at the Hilton where we have usually stayed in that area.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: *G, VS Silver, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by monitor
Any updates here? We will be there next week instead of at the Hilton where we have usually stayed in that area.
How was/is it? I'm going there tomorrow as my current hotel (Conrad) is sold out and I needed to extend my stay
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The hotel is lovely, the staff first-rate, the restaurant inviting and good. We were treated to complimentary wine and sandwiches when we arrived at 330PM and our room was not ready but we ate very little at that time. When we returned a 930PM ready for supper, the place was in full swing with lots of noise but excellent food and good wine. However the room we got was a king with a view that had a weird shape with only a small table and chairs intruding into a long entrance foyer. Additionally, we needed some extra pillows that were not supplied since "the hotel is full and there are none available." The room faced Biscayne Blvd and would be found to be unpleasantly noisy by many guests. It was of no consequence to us since our NY apartment overlooks a busy intersection and our ears filter out most of the noise that comes through the old windows.

The valet parking was efficient but there was a staircase only entrance to the hotel which posed a problem with the big roll-on that I had. However, a bellman did rush over when I was halfway up to grab my bag. Taxi access is at the rear of the building where the condo entrance of the Marquis Residences can be found although you would need to instruct the driver to go on 11th St instead of Biscayne Blvd to find that driveway. Beware that the Uber driver we called had no idea where we were despite carefully texted directions and drove around the neighborhood for at least and extra 5-8 minutes before finding the place.
RafKa, MoodyB and flockavelliFT like this.
Old Jan 27, 2020, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by andreadbc
**update March 20th**
My stay (very brief overnight) went well, I was told by front desk the change would happen on April 1st...

Googling around>> it will be "The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton"

thoughts?
It hasn't changed yet? I noticed the key cards weren't Hilton-style but it's in the Hilton app and everything so... I wonder what's going to change?
Old Jan 27, 2020, 2:18 pm
Ambassador, LATAM

Originally Posted by AStarr
It hasn't changed yet? I noticed the key cards weren't Hilton-style but it's in the Hilton app and everything so... I wonder what's going to change?
I understand the change happened last year!
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by andreadbc
I understand the change happened last year!
This is how I know I'm jetlagged. I can't read dates, apparently.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 4:43 pm

Programs: QF P, HH D
Has anyone had any issues with their booking at this hotel?
I made a booking at this hotel 10 months ago for the Ultra Miami weekend and secured a very good rate ($331 + no resort fee vs $1655 + $25 resort fee) due to booking well in advanced. About an hour ago the reservation was cancelled without notice, no contact, I only noticed because I'm building a larger itinerary and have been in my account regularly over the last 24 hours and noticed immediately when it was gone. When I tried to contact the hotel no one answers. I have noticed the dates I had booked were previously sold out and now have almost every room time available again at 5 x the price I paid. It appears to me they maybe cancelled people on low rates to resell at higher rates. I sent an email to them hoping they get back, but due to rates everywhere that weekend now this has left me very stressed.

Edit: finally got through to the hotel and they attempted to charge an old credit card I had on the booking (yes I had logged in and updated to the new card previously), they were able to reinstate the booking. Bit rich they only tried once and they cancelled right away without contact. I'm on a flexible rate that says nothing about advanced payment required but they can have it as long as I keep my booking.

Edit 2: now they are telling me I have to pay the $25USD per night resort fee, when I made the original booking this hotel did not have a resort fee (confirmation email confirms this). Because they now charge a resort fee should I have to pay it?

Edit 3: they told me as it is peak season they won't honour my original booking and I need to pay the new $1655 + $45 price if I want to stay! Does anyone have any way I can resolve this?

Last edited by banana0692; Feb 4, 2022 at 6:09 am
Old Apr 18, 2022, 6:04 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Any recent stays? We're going to try this place next month, since Conrad is gone.
camdawg likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 9:14 am

I don't know if I have photos from when I stayed here, but I recall that I liked it despite location. The restaurant was sufficient IIRC. It's on my radar to book again for my next MIA trip. I recall the room being on the smaller side. It shares a building with an apartment building but they have separate entrances. Breakfast was nice but this was January 2020 I was there.
Old Jan 3, 2023, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by kirkwoodj
Any recent stays? We're going to try this place next month, since Conrad is gone.
We ended up staying somewhere else, so I'm no use
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:59 am

Programs: AAPlat, HH LT Diamond, National Exec Elite
I stayed there for a couple of nights in July 2022. It was nice. I like that location. I can't remember if I booked or was upgraded to a corner room looking out over Ocean Dr, Lummus Park and the beach. I didn't eat at the property. There are several buildings that make up the hotel. I was in the main tower that includes the lobby, bar and restaurant. There are two pools; one ground level between towers and one rooftop. I have a couple of pics I can post, but I need to post this message first to get me to my 5 post min to add pics.

Last edited by TheMagicRat; Jan 5, 2023 at 11:54 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.