FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Gabriel Miami, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-FL}
Old Jan 23, 2020, 5:04 pm
monitor
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
The hotel is lovely, the staff first-rate, the restaurant inviting and good. We were treated to complimentary wine and sandwiches when we arrived at 330PM and our room was not ready but we ate very little at that time. When we returned a 930PM ready for supper, the place was in full swing with lots of noise but excellent food and good wine. However the room we got was a king with a view that had a weird shape with only a small table and chairs intruding into a long entrance foyer. Additionally, we needed some extra pillows that were not supplied since "the hotel is full and there are none available." The room faced Biscayne Blvd and would be found to be unpleasantly noisy by many guests. It was of no consequence to us since our NY apartment overlooks a busy intersection and our ears filter out most of the noise that comes through the old windows.

The valet parking was efficient but there was a staircase only entrance to the hotel which posed a problem with the big roll-on that I had. However, a bellman did rush over when I was halfway up to grab my bag. Taxi access is at the rear of the building where the condo entrance of the Marquis Residences can be found although you would need to instruct the driver to go on 11th St instead of Biscayne Blvd to find that driveway. Beware that the Uber driver we called had no idea where we were despite carefully texted directions and drove around the neighborhood for at least and extra 5-8 minutes before finding the place.