Wiki Posts
Search

Fast Track To Diamond

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Fast Track To Diamond

Just received something from Hilton reducing the total amount of stays or nights to get me to diamond status at Hilton. It runs only till June 30th I believe.

I was most curious what people think about this promotion if your sitting at Gold but are using the bulk of your points this year on a vacation stay with Honors points.

What does Diamond offer me If I go after this and complete the required stays before June 30? Also will other programs match a Hilton Diamond?
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Just received something from Hilton reducing the total amount of stays or nights to get me to diamond status at Hilton. It runs only till June 30th I believe.

I was most curious what people think about this promotion if your sitting at Gold but are using the bulk of your points this year on a vacation stay with Honors points.

What does Diamond offer me If I go after this and complete the required stays before June 30? Also will other programs match a Hilton Diamond?
This may provide some of the answers, http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...en-nights.html
Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by SimpleManToo
Also will other programs match a Hilton Diamond?
I would suspect that other programs would notice the nights/stays, as well as the status itself, before putting through a status match. They didn't fall off their turnip trucks yesterday.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IC Platinum, National Exec Elite
No Diamond for me

I spent 35 mins on hold waiting for a supervisor. I was given the Gold challenge and wanted to get Diamond challenge instead. The supervisor named Andre was polite but resolute in not offering me this challenge. I explained that my brother spent 2 night at Hilton last year and was given this challenge. "Sorry". I asked if I could speak with his boss, "there is no one else you can talk to". I explained that I would cancel my current reservations and not stay with them anymore. "Thats your choice" I was told. Not so, its your choice I explained.

Peace out Hilton. 2 years Diamond, 2 years Gold, NO MORE!
Old Apr 3, 2010, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Welcome to FT, trcress
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:02 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Originally Posted by trcress
I spent 35 mins on hold waiting for a supervisor. I was given the Gold challenge and wanted to get Diamond challenge instead. The supervisor named Andre was polite but resolute in not offering me this challenge. I explained that my brother spent 2 night at Hilton last year and was given this challenge. "Sorry". I asked if I could speak with his boss, "there is no one else you can talk to". I explained that I would cancel my current reservations and not stay with them anymore. "Thats your choice" I was told. Not so, its your choice I explained.

Another great example of HHs sh***y service to a loyal customer. Really the arrogance is so unjustified.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 12:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I emailed HH and asked for Diamond fast-track on March 15th, no answer until Friday. On Thursday (one day before the answer) I called them and asked for a Diamond fast-track and was given the 21 nights offer by July 1st. No stays connected to this, just nights.

They said they can't do anything about the 6 night spent since March 15th until now, which would have really brought this closer. 21 nights in Q2 is quite a lot, one third of the total stays needed to get Diamond without any fast-track.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Another great example of HHs sh***y service to a loyal customer. Really the arrogance is so unjustified.
I disagree. I bought an advance purchase rate to stay in one of worldwide hilton back in February 2010. Becuase of BA last month crew strike my flight to LHR was canceled and I callled them and ask them to refund for me the adavance money paid. To my surprise and after 3 attempts, they were very cooperative and agreed to do so. They refunded me the full amount and canceled my reservation.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 1:51 am

Programs: Too Many to Count
Originally Posted by trcress

You may not want to hear this, but try calling and asking again. My coworker had to call three times before he found a sympathetic agent.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
personally i do not believe in shortcuts....i feel it dilutes the system....calling again & again may have worked for some people but if hilton does not offer you the fast track then they are completely within their rights....

hilton obviously believes it can do without the loyalty of all the past diamonds who have not qualified for this year....
Old Apr 6, 2010, 6:06 am

Programs: LH, KLM, BA
Originally Posted by saad
personally i do not believe in shortcuts....i feel it dilutes the system....calling again & again may have worked for some people but if hilton does not offer you the fast track then they are completely within their rights....

hilton obviously believes it can do without the loyalty of all the past diamonds who have not qualified for this year....
Yup, and for some former diamonds they don't even bother with an email.that at least would say, " hey sorry you didn't make the tier due to bla bla crisis, but thanks for having been a loyal customer" would have been a neat gesture.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 7:05 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL/CCR,Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Starwood Titanium, Delta Gold, United
Originally Posted by saad

Yes, it seems Hilton has replaced loyal Diamond members who earned their way in by spending money and nights with Hilton, with, many complementary Diamonds via Amex.

So, you are right... Hilton believes it can do without the loyalty of past diamonds who have not qualified this year

- because it is replacing them with many who haven't slept enough nights to even earn Silver via the surpass card. I'm sure they teach this technique at MBA school...
Old Feb 5, 2015, 11:08 am
Suspended

Got a fast track back to Diamond offer - does reward stay count towards the qual?

Hi fellow FTers,

Got a fast track back to Diamond offer - does reward stay count towards the qualification?
also has anyone got an experience of this, and how quickly the status will be changed (e.g., after the stays are posted)?

Many thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unlike IHG's "qualifying" (paid) vs. "non-qualifying" (award, though confusingly they do count for status renewal) nights, Hilton tends to treat both types the same.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 10:47 am
Suspended

Question on fast track to diamond

Hello FTers,

Just wonder if anyone got the offer of fast track back to Diamond? I got a 6 stays offer (before April 30) and want to know if award stay is counted toward the qualification? In the email, it only said 6 stays.. No specific note on award/paid stay eligibility..

Thanks!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.