Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

points total updated on Amex website DAYS before HH website!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

points total updated on Amex website DAYS before HH website!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2019, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Exclamation points total updated on Amex website DAYS before HH website!

Earlier this week after an Amex statement closed I got 150k bonus points for my Ascend->Aspire upgrade, and the Amex website was showing the new total.

A day or two later I went to Hilton website, and the total was still not updated. Then later that day, the total partially updated, but still was a bit short of what the Amex site had been showing the previous day, then finally many hours later the HH site finally updated to showing what the Amex site had been showing as my HH points total about 2 days earlier.

So obviously Amex is getting the HH points total in a different way than the HH website is getting it..
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:23 am

Yep, have noticed this as well. Not just with point totals from CC statement closings, but from hotel stays as well. AMEX has their act together - somehow they have better access to Hilton's data than Hilton does!

The creeping / progressive posting on the Hilton site is also interesting. First the stay shows up with no points. Then it shows the points for the stay, but the total does not update. Then, finally, the total updates. It's like they're doing each part of the algorithm as a sweep every few hours, or someone in Hilton IT is back there plugging in vacuum tubes.
ChinaShrek likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
I had a stay that ended Friday and posted in full on Saturday, nad a one night stay ended Saturday which has posted today, both in full and at the right amounts. Cautiously optimistic for 2019.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Earlier this week after an Amex statement closed I got 150k bonus points for my Ascend->Aspire upgrade, and the Amex website was showing the new total.

A day or two later I went to Hilton website, and the total was still not updated. Then later that day, the total partially updated, but still was a bit short of what the Amex site had been showing the previous day, then finally many hours later the HH site finally updated to showing what the Amex site had been showing as my HH points total about 2 days earlier.

So obviously Amex is getting the HH points total in a different way than the HH website is getting it..
Yup. Had paid my AMEX Aspire balance early so that the new statement would be zero. AMEX website showed the 150K bonus points paid sometime over the past weekend. HHonors website showed the 150K point influx after a day or two but no update to my point total until 2 days later. Very, very odd.

David
Old Jan 27, 2019, 2:35 pm

Programs: MR/SPG Plat, HH Gold, DL PM
Same here. The 150k showed up on AMEX shortly after reaching the 4k spend, but took about 3 additional days to be reflected in the Hilton account. I even transferred some Amex MR points in because I was on pins and needles about a redemption, and even those took about 2 days (although reflected immediately on the AMEX site, both from the card I transferred the points from, and the Aspire card).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.