Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Tier Tracker updates taking forever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Tracker updates taking forever?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), HHonors Diamond
Ok maybe I'm just stupid and don't understand. But I always qualify for Diamond on stays because most of my hotel stays are 1 to 2 nights max. Last year I had 45 stays and since you need 30 to qualify for Diamond, don't 15 of those stays rollover to 2019? Therefore I would start out the year with 15 stays already in the bank? It certainly isn't what my tracker reflects.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by TWAL10114Ever
Ok maybe I'm just stupid and don't understand. But I always qualify for Diamond on stays because most of my hotel stays are 1 to 2 nights max. Last year I had 45 stays and since you need 30 to qualify for Diamond, don't 15 of those stays rollover to 2019? Therefore I would start out the year with 15 stays already in the bank? It certainly isn't what my tracker reflects.
Nights above only that threshold roll over. Stays do not sadly.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 8:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Mine has finally updated as well. 3 stays and 70 nights (60 rollover).
Old Jan 27, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
There is no way to differentiate rollover nights from current year nights for the purpose of tracking milestones.
Fairly easy if you know how many nights you rolled-over, but yeah, it would be nice if this was a little clearer.

On the Account page under the Milestone Bonus it does say "Once you've stayed 29 nights this year, we'll start the countdown to your first Milestone Bonus here."

I'm at 30 nights (24 of which were rollover), so clearly that countdown will be based on actual stayed nights like you'd expect.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
My tier tracker finally updated, after what seemed an age. It says to remain Gold in 2020, I need to complete 40 nights. But I can still achieve it with 20 stays, can't I? Nowhere can I find any info regarding the actual number of stays needed, so I am just assuming for the moment that 20 stays will do the trick too.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 8:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, MR Gold, Aeroplan 25K
Originally Posted by Concerto
My tier tracker finally updated, after what seemed an age. It says to remain Gold in 2020, I need to complete 40 nights. But I can still achieve it with 20 stays, can't I? Nowhere can I find any info regarding the actual number of stays needed, so I am just assuming for the moment that 20 stays will do the trick too.
Both the Elite Status Progress tracker in the pop-up box that appears when you initially hit "My Account" and the main tracker on your main My Account page allow you to toggle between stays, nights and points needed. Just click on stays if you want to see stays.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Thanks Dave, I didn't think to actually click on the 0 stays, 0 nights, 0 points icons (haven't completed any stays this year, hence the zeroes). That's really clear now. Obviously, for a road warrior 40 nights in a year isn't a huge amount, but it is when you're joggling requal in other programs. Any way to reduce those numbers, apart from signing up for credit cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.