Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:31 pm

Programs: QF Gold
I am a GOLD member but this will drop to silver in January (the last year was a big focus on Marriott due to lounge for Gold members).

I have greatly enjoyed gold status (from my old credit card) but this will come to an end. The breakfast has been a great perk.

I have just moved to the UK (3 months this week) and will be traveling every 3 weeks for 1 or 2 nights. Diamond would really come in handy.

Work has regularly been having 20% cash back on top of Hilton sales. So I have been scrambling to find a way to maintain at least gold from Jan. Just as you say it is a lot harder to find credit card status.

Last weekend I was in Brussels Hilton (didn't get an upgrade on the Thursday night, but for Friday&Saturday I got a suite). The full breakfast is a nice way to start the day.

I can definitely make sure it gets a high level of use next year as I am exploring the continent. Will be at least 10 Hilton's next year (have Warsaw booked in already), especially since I find so many have excellent weekend rates.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Hello Xailter, that is a really nice thing to offer forum members. I live in Europe (currently Switzerland) and am already Gold, with numerous stays planned next year (to renew my Gold status - not sure if being Gold invalidates my participation!). Diamond is something I will never reach, simply don't stay enough during the year.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond
How appropriate for what is known as “Giving Tuesday” ^
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage EXPLAT, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Citi Exec MC, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
You are correct for Americans: we have an easy path to Diamond.

But I don't think Canadians do. You might consider expanding your generous offer to our northern neighbors.
In the US, Hilton will give Diamond status to anyone who is willing to “Aspire” to be one 😂
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:54 pm

Programs: DELTA SKYMILES
Live in US.
Silver status
Hotel chain of choice, and planning to stay in one in two weeks for a night, either way.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: Hilton Gold
Thanks

I qualify for your offer. I am silver, I have never made it to gold , And probably never will. i live in the UK. Please add me to your random pick.
And thank you very much.

Last edited by Dax1956; Nov 28, 2018 at 7:02 am Reason: Add too.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:42 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hello there. What a nice offer! I am a gold member living in Europe and my last stay was in the last 6 months! My next Hilton stay is in mid December! 😄👍. My family and I would definitely use it, I’ve got a bunch of points to spend with Hilton and we are trying to figure out where to go 😁😁 Thanks for the opportunity to be in your lottery.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum, M&M FTL, AZ Ulisse
I would like to join the raffle too!
I'm a gold member until March of next year (and I don't think that I would be able to requalify)

In any case, I want to say thank you to this random act of kindness!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 3:27 pm

Thanks

This is such a nice gesture, living in Sweden with a number of upcoming trips at different Hilton locations in Europe. A Diamond card will be much appreciated.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:15 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
A kind gesture. I don't need the status myself, but you inspired me to find a friend to give Gold status to. Thanks for the reminder!
yurtripper likes this.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:05 pm

Please count me in, i will be heading to the Conrad Maldives next year with no status and it would help me a lot to have diamond!
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:52 pm

Programs: EK Silver
That's very kind of you for this generous offer
Here in the UK and we have some family trips planned for an upcoming wedding stay and a few more for next stay, would be fab
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire, Caesars Diamond
Wow what an insanely kind offer.

I'm silver, UK, and travel mostly for business (always on business when staying at Hilton) and despite spending more time than I'd like away from family never seem to rack up enough stays or nights to make Gold (and obviously the cheap airport hotels don't rack up many points to qualify for much that way!).

Next year have a good chunk of business travel (but again enough to be Silver but just miss out on Gold as usual...) so it would be fantastic to pick up some extra perks while on the road.

Thanks again and good luck everyone!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:28 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

Well I've just completed my 100th night, so once that stay posts to my account I'll contact the winner If anyone else wants to put their name in the hat, do so by today!

Thanks all,
-X
Old Nov 30, 2018, 5:17 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by Xailter
Hi All,

Well I've just completed my 100th night, so once that stay posts to my account I'll contact the winner If anyone else wants to put their name in the hat, do so by today!

Thanks all,
-X
I don’t need it, but thumbs up for doing this!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.