Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Europe Only] Would you like free Diamond status?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, NZ Gold, BA Gold
What a true gent! This is a lovely gesture running up to Christmas
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:13 am

Programs: QRPC Plat; Marriott Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Xailter
Hi All,

I've been away for work a fair bit this year and am due to cross over the 100 nights threshold this week This gives me the opportunity to gift Diamond status to someone, which I believe would be valid until March 2020 (?). I've asked both my family & friends (they don't stay in Hiltons much) and my work colleagues (they all have Gold / Diamond status already) but no takers, so I've decided to gift this to someone who would be able to take advantage of it but wouldn't necessarily be able to earn Diamond the traditional way.

So with that out the way, here's the deal (as the gifter I make the rules):
  • Do you live in Europe (I believe our friends across the ocean have much easier access to Diamond)?
  • Are you Member / Silver level in the Hilton Honors scheme and have had a stay in the past 6 months?
  • Do you have upcoming Hilton stay(s) for your holiday / vacation and would benefit from free breakfast and lounge access?
Then please leave a comment below I will pick at random a poster and having confirmed the above will gift you Diamond status the beginning of December (think of it as an early Christmas present )

Thanks all,
-X

For clarification: I will be taking all the names from this thread (that wish to participate) and feed them into a computer program that will pick at random. I will then confirm via PM you meet the rules outlined above and will then submit the form to get you Diamond status (please allow around a week for Hilton to process this), thanks and good luck!
Definitely would love this xmas present given I don't get any brekkie at Marriott/SPG anymore since the change.. Have a few trips coming up both during xmas and the following easter
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:21 am

Programs: BA Silver (temp demotion), *A Silver, HH Gold, IHG Diamond
Very generous offer and much appreciated by many I expect.

I would love to put my name forward but I am not sure that I qualify ... having just got a status match (from IHG) to Gold with Hilton as I have four Hilton stays in December and a good chance to see if Gold is worth it.

But if I do still qualify then it would most certainly get used a lot in the coming year (with three other trips planned for 2019). And, if begging makes any difference, all my hotel and stays are (now) self funded and this would indeed make a diamond present for my wife!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 11:59 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, HH Diamond, A3 Gold, ALL Gold
Almost there

Hi I live in Brazil and it is very hard to get to Diamond, any chances there is an exception? If yes count me in! Otherwise thank you anyway for the kindness and sorry for the time!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:06 pm

Hi
Im reducing to Silver in 2019 sadly so would appreciate being included in this very generous draw living in the EU.
Have a 4 night stay at end of my Gold era next month but sadly wont stay there.

Good luck to all, very noble gesture.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Currently freeloading on my dad's Gold status when travelling together but would glady partake in this draw to have Diamond myself for the next trip!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA Gold-MM, UA 1K (former), GS (former),SPG LT Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Although I'd be perfectly happy to be upgraded to Diamond, I am also mostly curious about whether optimising the date matters. After all, completing a challenge / fast track early in a year usually means you get the rest of that year and all of the following year...
From the T&C's:

12. How long does a gifted status last for a Member who receives the gifted status?

The gifted status will last 365 days from the date the gift was applied to the recipient's account. If a member receives Gold status and then is upgraded to Diamond status, the 365-day expiration period resets to the date the Diamond status was applied to the member's account.

Example: If a member receives a gift of Gold status on June 1st, 2018, then the Gold status would expire on June 1st, 2019. If that same member was automatically upgraded to Diamond status on August 1st, 2018, then the Diamond status would expire on August 1st, 2019.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:23 pm

It's a great thing to share something you don't need but someone else can benefit on. I have this year started my journey towards the diamond and I currently have my last reservation for this year coming in Finland and then I reach silver. I have some bookings already made for the next year in Sweden and it would be marvelous to surprise the fiancee with the diamond status and the lounge access. Thank you anyway whom ever you decide to give the status to.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:41 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Flying Blue Petroleum | Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | Shangri-La Jade
This is an awesome use of your benefit and I'd be more than happy to join in on the "raffle".

All boxes are "ticked", good luckj to all the other entrants!
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: FB Plat, SN gold. Hilton Gold, ICgroup Gold
Living in The Netherland, being Silver Member and having a trip planned to London, I'm elligible. Please put me in.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:10 pm

Very generous offer. I would never reach diamond so would great fully accept
Old Nov 27, 2018, 2:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Xailter
Hi All,

I've been away for work a fair bit this year and am due to cross over the 100 nights threshold this week This gives me the opportunity to gift Diamond status to someone, which I believe would be valid until March 2020 (?). I've asked both my family & friends (they don't stay in Hiltons much) and my work colleagues (they all have Gold / Diamond status already) but no takers, so I've decided to gift this to someone who would be able to take advantage of it but wouldn't necessarily be able to earn Diamond the traditional way.

So with that out the way, here's the deal (as the gifter I make the rules):
  • Do you live in Europe (I believe our friends across the ocean have much easier access to Diamond)?
  • Are you Member / Silver level in the Hilton Honors scheme and have had a stay in the past 6 months?
  • Do you have upcoming Hilton stay(s) for your holiday / vacation and would benefit from free breakfast and lounge access?
Then please leave a comment below I will pick at random a poster and having confirmed the above will gift you Diamond status the beginning of December (think of it as an early Christmas present )

Thanks all,
-X

For clarification: I will be taking all the names from this thread (that wish to participate) and feed them into a computer program that will pick at random. I will then confirm via PM you meet the rules outlined above and will then submit the form to get you Diamond status (please allow around a week for Hilton to process this), thanks and good luck!
Another option you may not have considered for gifting diamond status would be to give it to one of the many long term forum members who give up their time to help others with problems they encounter. It's not hard to start to recognise regular posters and if it was me I would feel it more deserving to gift it to someone this way as a show of appreciation.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Thoughtful to give it away. However I note it would be better if you simply went with first person that asked. Doing it as a drawing can open up a legal mess. Not that anybody would cause an issue, but it could become one. For example a Canadian would need to do a math problem for them to legally win. Again not saying anything happens. However I doubt FT wants that risk.

Again, very thoughtful idea.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm heading to BKK with my Wife and would appreciate the status. Thanks
Old Nov 27, 2018, 4:28 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
This is great. I oo would like to add my salutation to the OP.
I‘d love to participate but sadly I don‘t have any Hilton stays coming up at all. But I‘m sure you‘ll make somebody else very happy

This reminds me... I haven‘t yet given away the SAS silver card that I can give away...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.