Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Browser phishing/malware warning after booking reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...

Just completed a reservation on hilton.com -- instead of the confirmation page I received this warning from Chrome (latest version, on MacOS):

Don't have time to look into details right now, but @HonorsRepresentative FYI

(I did get the email confirmation, so my reservation was booked and I don't need to "visit this unsafe site")
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
This is the only problem I have with chrome and always on sites I know to be safe.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
The issue is the DNS/certs for hiltonhhonors.com have been overlooked since the IT update. There's another thread about the website with the extra h not working. Thus your web browser assumes this is an attempt at something.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The issue is the DNS/certs for hiltonhhonors.com have been overlooked since the IT update. There's another thread about the website with the extra h not working. Thus your web browser assumes this is an attempt at something.
i was wondering if the extra h in the URL shown in the message was the cause...

What does that tell me about Hhilton‘s QA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.