Spouse stays Free

Old Oct 20, 18, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Spouse stays Free

I am a little rusty on the rules - does the 'Spouse Stays Free' apply to full service Hiltons as well as HGIs but NOT to Hamptons?
Old Oct 20, 18, 9:43 am
Community Director

I do not see exclusion of any brand for this benefit.

https://www.hiltonhonors.com/en_US/H...2018-04-02.pdf
2nd Guest Stays Free: A second guest stays free in the Member's room on qualifying stays at hotels when there are additional charges for double occupancy. This benefit excludes stays at any hotel when the rate includes additional components (e.g., meals, activities, parking), or specialized rates (e.g. package rates, bed & breakfast rates) that are quoted as a per person or per room charge

Old Oct 20, 18, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For years the terms and conditions for the spouse stays free excluded Hampton Inns. In 2014, when the terms were changed to "2nd guest stays free" from "spouse stays free" the exclusion for Hamptons was deleted. See these threads (among others):
Second Guest Stays Free not at Hamptons?
Update to Honors T&C's
Do spouses really not stay free at Hampton Inns?
eefor jfp likes this.
Old Oct 21, 18, 7:43 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
Originally Posted by jerry a. laska View Post
For years the terms and conditions for the spouse stays free excluded Hampton Inns. In 2014, when the terms were changed to "2nd guest stays free" from "spouse stays free" the exclusion for Hamptons was deleted. See these threads (among others):
Second Guest Stays Free not at Hamptons?
Update to Honors T&C's
Do spouses really not stay free at Hampton Inns?
Jerry,
I am always amazed at your mastery of the search function and finding relevant older threads. Thank you so much for your work, not just in this thread but in hundreds of others.
BrlDsguise, Leo123, sbams and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 30, 18, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

Sorry, OP here back again with yet another question - does the 2nd guest stays free benefit also apply to award bookings? I always thought that award rates were the same regardless of single or double occupancy, but just came across a hotel which wants more points for double occupancy
Old Oct 30, 18, 8:22 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Yes- booked several times. Only time anyone has even noticed has been at Hilton Tokyo.
Old Oct 31, 18, 4:00 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond and A3*G
Probably a premium rate redemptio, as these are based on the paid rates so when double occupancy costs more money so will the points rate.
Old Oct 31, 18, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by eefor jfp View Post
Jerry,
I am always amazed at your mastery of the search function and finding relevant older threads. Thank you so much for your work, not just in this thread but in hundreds of others.
+1 . I never cease to be amazed at the ability of jerry a. laska to provide links to other relevant FT threads, often in double-quick time.
Old Nov 2, 18, 6:28 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by puchong View Post
Sorry, OP here back again with yet another question - does the 2nd guest stays free benefit also apply to award bookings? I always thought that award rates were the same regardless of single or double occupancy, but just came across a hotel which wants more points for double occupancy
I booked awards stays at the Conrad Hong Kong. They wanted more points for two guests (I think it was 7000 or 8000 more points). I just booked for one guest since I have been using this rule for more than 15 years now.