Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2019, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
For a review of this hotel, including photos and suggested terminal routes, go to post 113:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31272164

This hotel is near the Arrivals level 1 of Heathrow Terminal 2, the Queen's Terminal. It's a short walk via the carpark, and it is signposted. Photos in this post 55:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilton-hilton-honors/1937681-hilton-garden-inn-london-heathrow-terminal-2-gbr.html#post31183249
Print Wikipost

Hilton Garden Inn London Heathrow Terminal 2 { GBR }

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

The Bacon in the photos is UK Bacon ( unlike the thin crispy bacon often seen in the US and some overseas hiltons.

Very unlikely to be offered 4pm check out free of charge ( possibly a half day rate?)

T5 is a better hotel than T4 Hilton or HGI ( rooms are larger ), it is beside a small river with a bridge separating the car park and the hotel . ( and if the winds are right sometimes planes fly over the hotel on a final approach)

Pre covid the lounge was very good and breakfast was probably on a par with T4.

I have not stayed since covid ( lounge was closed until recently)

The main problem is its location ( very limited public bus service so you need a taxi ( not a black cab from T5 as it can be £50+ as T5 Hilton is outside the boundary) /uber or the National Express Hotel hoppa bus service ( £6 onw way iirc)

Regards

TBS
Old May 22, 2022, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Americans and Canadians have a different idea about bacon than UK/Australia/New Zealand / some of Europe. So the USA version is thinly sliced, quite heavily cured, cooked hot and high, and in my view has liitle connection with a pig. Whereas in other places you get, well, meat basically. Different places, different strokes.

T5 is more modern than T4, rooms are nearly twice the size and a relatively high standard of room features. Breakfast is about the same, I think T4 probably has a nicer seating area, but tastes will vary. There's not a lot in it, T5 has more space. Both have a higher spec and more features than the HGI brand standard. More staff too. The T5 and T4 lounges are fairly similar, both infinitely better than than the HGI lounge since it hasn't got one. T5 is out of the way, but if you aren't too pressed for time then that is less of a factor. In summary T4 and T5 are similar, T4 is easier to get too. Both are higher spec hotels than HGIs. Whether you will get a late check-out will depend entirely on how busy the hotel is on the day of departure, and you'll only know that the day before you arrive.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

The Bacon in the photos is UK Bacon ( unlike the thin crispy bacon often seen in the US and some overseas hiltons.

Very unlikely to be offered 4pm check out free of charge ( possibly a half day rate?)

T5 is a better hotel than T4 Hilton or HGI ( rooms are larger ), it is beside a small river with a bridge separating the car park and the hotel . ( and if the winds are right sometimes planes fly over the hotel on a final approach)

Pre covid the lounge was very good and breakfast was probably on a par with T4.

I have not stayed since covid ( lounge was closed until recently)

The main problem is its location ( very limited public bus service so you need a taxi ( not a black cab from T5 as it can be £50+ as T5 Hilton is outside the boundary) /uber or the National Express Hotel hoppa bus service ( £6 onw way iirc)

Regards

TBS
I just learned something new about bacon. Thanks.

Even now, you guys would say both Hilton T4 and T5 offer similar breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the evening?

Why would I need to pay for late check-out? If it's not available, that's one thing, but shouldn't I be entitled to it as a Diamond if it is available?

I think I'll avoid Hilton T5 for now, but pre-COVID, what was the cheapest way to go from Hilton T5 to T3?
Old May 22, 2022, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by lsquare
I just learned something new about bacon. Thanks.

Even now, you guys would say both Hilton T4 and T5 offer similar breakfast and hors d'oeuvres in the evening?

Why would I need to pay for late check-out? If it's not available, that's one thing, but shouldn't I be entitled to it as a Diamond if it is available?

I think I'll avoid Hilton T5 for now, but pre-COVID, what was the cheapest way to go from Hilton T5 to T3?

Hi,

I would say T4 and T5 offer around the same breakfast in the restaurant. Have not stayed at T5 since covid so cannot comment on T5 lounge evening snacks

Now as to late checkout, if you were talking about a couple of hours, if available a Diamond should get it for free but for a 4pm check out as it is not in the T&C's it is unlikely in many UK & European hiltons ( that being said I did get a 4pm checkout from the Hilton Paris CDG in early Jan 2019 . ( Unlike in many conrads ime in Singapore/HK where I have had 3 or 4 pm checkouts). You can ask but I feel the HGI would charge for a 4pm.

As to transport , there is a 703 bus to T5 from Bath road ( near the junction with Poyle road) and from there to T3 or the Hotel hoppa to T5 ( the hotel hoppas from T2/T3 do not currently serve the Hilton T5.
Details here

https://www.hotelhoppa.co.uk/

Regards

TBS
lsquare likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Good day all. I'm looking for some hotel advice for an upcoming trip, arriving in LHR at 2200 at Terminal 2 and flying out the next morning from T5. I'm considering this HGI as an alternative to hauling bags to the Marriott property currently reserved. We're seniors, so the city bus there and back isn't the best with luggage, plus I see the Hoppa has gotten really pricey and it was never a good option for evening arrivals anyway. As a former Hilton person I'm well-acquainted with the Hilton in T4, but that doesn't seem practical for this trip, and I know nothing about the newer Hilton options. Advice most appreciated for both hotel choice and getting from T2 to T5 the next day.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
Good day all. I'm looking for some hotel advice for an upcoming trip, arriving in LHR at 2200 at Terminal 2 and flying out the next morning from T5. I'm considering this HGI as an alternative to hauling bags to the Marriott property currently reserved. We're seniors, so the city bus there and back isn't the best with luggage, plus I see the Hoppa has gotten really pricey and it was never a good option for evening arrivals anyway. As a former Hilton person I'm well-acquainted with the Hilton in T4, but that doesn't seem practical for this trip, and I know nothing about the newer Hilton options. Advice most appreciated for both hotel choice and getting from T2 to T5 the next day.
This property would work well for this trip. You will be able to walk to the hotel in minutes from T2 and then take the Heathrow Express in the morning to T5. There is no charge for the trip to T5 from terminals 1, 2, and 3.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Prices for a night in July are quite high! £189 is che cheapest I can get!
Old Jun 1, 2022, 8:49 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ringingup
Prices for a night in July are quite high! £189 is che cheapest I can get!
If you have some Honors points you can always use the cash+points option to lower the cash element. Or a points booking might make more sense.
yyzflyer likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:04 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by yyzflyer
I’ve stayed twice this year on points before early morning flights from T3. Since I needed a fit to fly test I scheduled for the night before at T2 and walked over.
Rooms are fine, wasn’t impressed by the restaurant - service okay but nothing special about food, but given your timing, probably doesn’t matter.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Thanks everyone. £189 is the rate I'm seeing for my night, which is £100 more than the equivalent Marriott Courtyard. However, when compared to others, then the Hoppa and other hassles are factored in, that difference shrinks. There is something to be said for being able to walk to one's hotel after a late arrival.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:02 am

I failed to book a room the other day and now no basic room is available. Only high floor rooms at £211+. Do you reckon availability will change?

I have provisionally booked myself at the HGI in Hatton Cross for £141, but at that stage I might as well sleep at home and take a black cab for £75 that will take less than hour at 5:30 am.

Any other obvious options in missing? Aerotel is ~£199.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
I failed to book a room the other day and now no basic room is available. Only high floor rooms at £211+. Do you reckon availability will change?

I have provisionally booked myself at the HGI in Hatton Cross for £141, but at that stage I might as well sleep at home and take a black cab for £75 that will take less than hour at 5:30 am.

Any other obvious options in missing? Aerotel is ~£199.
Any of the Premier Inn properties.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Any of the Premier Inn properties.
What would the advantage be compared to the HGI in Hatton Cross? I want to favour ease over price.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What would the advantage be compared to the HGI in Hatton Cross? I want to favour ease over price.
in that case stick with the hgi T2 or sofitel - or as you noted just get a cab.
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 10:47 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I take it you have an early departure from T2 or T3, public transport won't work, £75 is the taxi fare, and it's worth paying a premium for HGI T2 due to the extra sleep time, and reduced risk of things going wrong. However £211 is adding a hefty amount. Generally that hotel doesn't see rates decreasing, though it can happen if they have mis-read the market, and you should check the Honors points to see if that is on or below 50k. But at some point I would look at the other HGI at Hatton Cross or the DT Bath Road, since if they are a lot cheaper they are only 10-15 minutes away via TfL services. If you are travelling after the reopening of T4 then the T4 Premer, Hilton, Crowne Plaza and HI also are in the easy 10 minutes away category. If DT Bath Road was £100 or less then frankly it is better value then HGI at £211 in my opinion.
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:08 am

Thanks CWS. The high cash price is driven by the lowest category room not being available anymore, which means that redemptions will also be more than 50,000.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.