Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

70 Stays & 215 Hilton Nights So Far in 2018...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

70 Stays & 215 Hilton Nights So Far in 2018...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
The fact that I have to call a property to ask if they can accommodate even just a 2PM late checkout before booking is a major downside of Hilton against the competition.
Yes, 2pm should never be a problem for DIA. And to assure that is easy with the right processes.
Old Oct 15, 2018, 6:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
I am at over 190 nights for the year also from leisure travel only, but only 40 of those nights have been with Hilton because of the lack of guaranteed late checkout. A Hilton property lost my business tonight because they absolutely refused to guarantee a 2PM late checkout for tomorrow stating that 12:30PM was the latest they could do even though they are not sold out. The fact that I have to call a property to ask if they can accommodate even just a 2PM late checkout before booking is a major downside of Hilton against the competition.
Agree that the late check-out perk is very inconsistent. I think the problem is that sometimes people (like me) check-in via the app and select the room and time... this means the hotel need time to clean the room between your checkout and my check-in. If I select a 3pm check-in, that puts a time limit on the person in that room. Of course, they could move the new guest to a new room, but then that new guest may get upset (which is worse than upsetting an already-leaving guest.)
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond
At the Hilton Manchester Deansgate the head receptionist told me on my very early Arrival at 10.30 am that the guest in the room I have been pre-asigned to and into which I e>checked in the day before would not be allowed to have a late check-out. This was last month. (Nevertheless, our check-in was at 14.50hrs only.)

One year ago at the Hilton Cologne I have been told that I could not move into my pre-assigned and e>ckecked-in room on time at 15.00 hrs, since the guest in there has been granted a late check-out. I have been granted immediate Access to an alternative room.

However, these are confliciting Statements unless the policy has been changed. I suppose it has not but is one of these inconsistencies we all experience too often.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, VA Platinum
Originally Posted by Zurich
At the Hilton Manchester Deansgate the head receptionist told me on my very early Arrival at 10.30 am that the guest in the room I have been pre-asigned to and into which I e>checked in the day before would not be allowed to have a late check-out. This was last month. (Nevertheless, our check-in was at 14.50hrs only.)

One year ago at the Hilton Cologne I have been told that I could not move into my pre-assigned and e>ckecked-in room on time at 15.00 hrs, since the guest in there has been granted a late check-out. I have been granted immediate Access to an alternative room.

However, these are confliciting Statements unless the policy has been changed. I suppose it has not but is one of these inconsistencies we all experience too often.
When I asked for a late checkout last week they took the time to make sure no one had selected the room before granting 3pm otherwise it would have been 2pm.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 5:03 am

Most Hilton hotels I‘ve been pre-assign as much rooms as possible and are not really flexible about changing the pre-assignment. But it would be very easy to have a software which pre-assigns much faster and more flexible. Honors guests should be able to make a priority list of late check out, early check in, upgrade, room preferences etc. and the system could do the assignements depending on status.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a push from corporate to assign room types and not rooms and to better use the software to keep selling room types than pulling them from inventory which is the practice now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.