Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

70 Stays & 215 Hilton Nights So Far in 2018...

Old Oct 8, 18, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately, it looks like I'll miss 300 nights this year, but I will get close...

Trying to post a screenshot of the Hilton Honors app on my phone with proof, but it's says I can't because I need more than 5 post. Oh well...
Old Oct 9, 18, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
And your point is?

There are quite a few FT-ers with similar night totals who don't feel the need to brag about it. Moreover they would probably advise to diversify across 2-3 hotel chains...
Old Oct 9, 18, 10:15 am

Programs: HH Diamond; BA Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif View Post
And your point is?

There are quite a few FT-ers with similar night totals who don't feel the need to brag about it. Moreover they would probably advise to diversify across 2-3 hotel chains...
Wow - a bit uncalled for, particularly to a non-regular. Besides, a primary feature of Flyertalk is membersí chronicling of their travel milestones.
Tomphot, DiverDave and Sisosig like this.
Old Oct 9, 18, 12:31 pm

2019 Secret Santa

Programs: UA, DL, HH Silver, IHG plat
Hi,

I have a big hotdog, want to be friends and jet around on my private jumbo jet?

B00mer89

Yeah, sounds kinda dumb, but hey, some people like that kind of thing. A lot of FT is the kind of people I hope to be/meet, affluent and globe trotters, without rubbing your face in it. Talking about how great a destination or experience was, without jumping into the woe is me they ran out of *insert fancy brand of anything here* and it ruined my vacation. Some of the trip reports where they talk about all they saw and did are the best parts, humble brags for sure, but well executed it can make someone like me who only gets 1 big intl vacation and a couple smaller US trips a year in dream and go "someday i'll do that" without thinking about what an ... that person was.
Old Oct 9, 18, 12:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Owner of 2,000 TWA shares
Does seem an odd 1st post after five years of membership.
Old Oct 9, 18, 12:49 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Dazzie View Post
Unfortunately, it looks like I'll miss 300 nights this year, but I will get close...

Trying to post a screenshot of the Hilton Honors app on my phone with proof, but it's says I can't because I need more than 5 post. Oh well...
Welcome to FlyerTalk (posting)!

This is a place where many people are similar to you in frequency of travel, and that makes it a good place to get advice to hone the travel art.

Despite some of the above chatter, we look forward to future contributions/suggestions on tricks and advice based on your numerous experiences at HH hotels. I for one hope you aren't "miffed" by some of the responses.
Old Oct 9, 18, 1:47 pm

And your point is?......
Hey, I feel the same way about people who revel in taking selfies ..but then I am old fashioned...you too?
tynmar likes this.
Old Oct 9, 18, 9:50 pm
Moderator Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Honors Diamond
I, for one, am envious of the o.p.

But, then, I could happily live in hotel rooms
wizla likes this.
Old Oct 9, 18, 9:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, others
And your point is?

That would depend on the travel pattern. And why do without benefits for another 50-100 nights while status is being earned at other chains?
Old Oct 9, 18, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Sorry guys, I didn't realize a simple post would brew up a storm of negativity.

Kudos to all of you that have equaled or surpassed my feat. I wasn't aware there were so many. I don't live and breath it as I guess you all do.

I'm sure many/most of you travel for work... I do it 100% for fun and at my leisure... I guess that's the part I was proud of and wanted to share, but not in a "big d*ck" kind of way.

I remember now why I deleted all social media last year. I'll go crawl back into my private cocoon again and let you all be. Happy travels.
Old Oct 10, 18, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold

Kudos to all of you that have equaled or surpassed my feat. I wasn't aware there were so many. I don't live and breath it as I guess you all do.

I'm sure many/most of you travel for work... I do it 100% for fun and at my leisure... I guess that's the part I was proud of and wanted to share, but not in a "big d*ck" kind of way.

I remember now why I deleted all social media last year. I'll go crawl back into my private cocoon again and let you all be. Happy travels.
I genuinely hope you stick around and participate on Flyertalk. It's a great resource and can be great fun.

What it isn't is an Instragram post-your-selfies place for narcissists to show off. Apologies if I seemed unduly harsh in getting that point across...
Old Oct 10, 18, 3:30 am

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Diamond, Marriot Gold
It's a great number. Do you have a home base?

Maybe make the post more interesting by adding your best/ worst experience etc.
These forums tend to work better with posts that promote discussion, otherwise as you've seen discussion gets made.
Old Oct 10, 18, 3:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Plat Ambassador, HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold; Flying Blue Ivory
By the end of this year I will have 31 stays and 56 nights of which at least 15 were reward nights

Even though you have a huge amount (in comparison) of stays/nights we will likely get the same recognition as someone who got his or her status for free on a credit card...

Globalist
lcohen999 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 18, 5:10 am

If you have fun by staying 215 of 281 nights at Hilton hotels, just imagine how much fun you could have staying at the nicest hotels without caring about the loyalty program.

Of course, there are Hilton hotels which are good or even the best hotel of a city. But there are much more cities or places, where the Hilton properties aren't even close to be a good choice or where is no Hilton at all.
Old Oct 10, 18, 5:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: M&M SEN; AC SE100k; Qatar Plat; HH Dia; SPG AMB100; Hyatt Globalist; Fairmont Plat

If your takeaway is that you should crawl back to your private cocoon then so be it, but it will be unfortunate. Hopefully you will not, and instead you will see that if you contribute useful content, it will be highly welcome here. Even @craigthemif explained more in depth his reasoning for his original response and genuinely hopes you will stick around to share your experiences. I do too.

Indeed you are far from being alone in having 200+ nights in hotels for leisure, I do it too, and I try to contribute useful material on FT, while learning lots from fellow FTers at the same time. I never received negative messages from anybody here so I am confident that you won't either if you share information in a constructive way.

For example, why do you have 200+ nights only with Hilton rather than spreading across different hotel programs, how is Hilton treating you at 200 nights relative to those of us who stop at 60-100 nights, do you mind writing hotel reviews, what are your favorite/worst hotels, etc.

I am sure you have come across lots of useful Hilton-related stuff that we can all learn from.

Cheers

Search this Thread