Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Updates to Hilton’s Current Best Price Guarantee

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:54 am
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors

Hi all,

Some of you may have seen/heard that we recently made changes to our Best Rate Guarantee program. While we will continue with the current program, if you find a lower qualified price on another site, we will be happy to match it and give you 25% off each night of your stay - we will also be offering a few new updates to make the process easy and seamless for our guests. In addition, we have updated the name of the program to Hilton’s Price Match Guarantee.
  • If you find a lower qualified price for the same accommodation and terms at any point before your reservation is made, or up to 24 hours after making your reservation through one of the official Hilton booking channels, you can submit your claim by filling out the online form or calling our Hilton Reservations & Customer Care center directly. If we can verify your claim, we'll honor the lower price AND take an additional 25% off the room rate for each night of your stay.
  • Claims previously required completion of an online form and the inclusion of an existing Hilton reservation number to process. We’re now encouraging guests who have yet to book their stay to contact Hilton Reservations & Customer Care directly and submit their claim over the phone.
  • We are also now accepting same-day claims. Until recently, we would only match a lower rate for day-of arrival. Now, in addition to matching the rate, we will also apply the 25% discount. For same-day reservations, guests must contact Hilton Reservations & Customer Care directly and submit their claim over the phone.

To learn more about Hilton’s Price Match Guarantee, please visit here. If you have specific questions about a claim you’ve submitted, you are always welcome to PM me with the details (please include your claim number, if possible!).

Thanks!
Lauren

(Mods - feel free to move to existing thread or wherever you think makes most sense! Please just update to Price Match Guarantee.)
jumbooze and klanfa like this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Nice one! I look forward to submitting a claim over the phone!
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Great updates to what is in my opinion, one of the best price guarantee programs out there. Kudos to Hilton.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:38 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Having the ability to file a BRG claim on a pre-paid rate before making the booking is a major improvement. No more need to gamble, book pre-paid, and hope for the best. ^
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by escape4
Having the ability to file a BRG claim on a pre-paid rate before making the booking is a major improvement. No more need to gamble, book pre-paid, and hope for the best. ^
+1.^^^
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Great updates to what is in my opinion, one of the best price guarantee programs out there. Kudos to Hilton.
Have you tried using it lately? If Expedia has a 1pm cancellation deadline and the hotel 2pm, the claim will be denied, not to mention all of the OTAs that are excluded for no obvious reason.

Some people will find this change to be useful, to avoid the lottery of booking prepaid and then having a BRG claim denied. But I'm not sure that a BRG policy that only works on a prepaid basis (taking the cancellation window out of the equation) is worth getting excited about. There might be a lot of lost money by making a prepaid booking and then having plans subsequently change...
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:41 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Have you tried using it lately? If Expedia has a 1pm cancellation deadline and the hotel 2pm, the claim will be denied, not to mention all of the OTAs that are excluded for no obvious reason.

Some people will find this change to be useful, to avoid the lottery of booking prepaid and then having a BRG claim denied. But I'm not sure that a BRG policy that only works on a prepaid basis (taking the cancellation window out of the equation) is worth getting excited about. There might be a lot of lost money by making a prepaid booking and then having plans subsequently change...
Well that's just it. Hilton's BRG treatment of flexible bookings is so draconian that for my own purposes, Hilton's BRG was only useful and usable for pre-paid bookings. Consequently, I used it for pre-paid more than 90% of the time and now they just made my life easier for that 90%.

I agree this change won't help much for flexible bookings, but at least one part of the BRG program has been improved.

For flexible bookings, I will continue to use Marriott/Starwood, but now for pre-paid rates there is no doubt in my mind Hilton is now far superior than Marriott/Starwood.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Have the SPG BRG people moved to Hilton?

Good job Hilton!
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I just noticed the new clause that prohibits "flex vs. flex" when there is a lower, prepaid Hilton rate available...
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Silver (OW Sapphire), A3 Gold (*G), Bonvoy LTTE, HHonors Diamond, LeClubAccor Silver, UA Silver
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I just noticed the new clause that prohibits "flex vs. flex" when there is a lower, prepaid Hilton rate available...
I don’t see it like that. Although the wording is somewhat vague, I think it means to convey the lowest rate within the the same cancellation terms must be booked:

”When multiple prices for the same accommodations are available through the official Hilton booking channel, you must have booked the lowest rate to be eligible for the Price Match Guarantee.”
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RafKa

I don’t see it like that. Although the wording is somewhat vague, I think it means to convey the lowest rate within the the same cancellation terms must be booked:

”When multiple prices for the same accommodations are available through the official Hilton booking channel, you must have booked the lowest rate to be eligible for the Price Match Guarantee.”
We obviously read that differently. And now that it occurs to me, I suspect we not only have to book prepaid, but also must compare against the Honors rate... The language under your interpretation ought to be something like "you must book the official Hilton rate corresponding to the cancellation policy of the competing rate"

Multiple prices for same accomodation through official Hilton can only really mean flex, Honors discount flex, prepaid, Honors prepaid, etc. and lowest is hard to interpret any other way than the lowest price one can book...
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:37 am

Fingers crossed; submitted a claim yesterday. I was never successful at other hotel chains.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:55 am

I have attempted submitting a claim twice over the phone... in both cases the agents claimed they could not find the lowest rate on their websites, while I could see them in front of my eyes. Whether this was due to regional differences on websites (I'm in Brazil, agents supposedly in the US) or blatant lying, remains to be seen.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 10:10 am

hmmm, I tried submitting over the phone and the agent transferred me to the hotel front desk.......
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by babypuwet
hmmm, I tried submitting over the phone and the agent transferred me to the hotel front desk.......
Tried again today, unsuccessfully. Granted, all my claims have been against one particular website which has a tricky interface. However, I found that all agents seemed to be well versed in the procedures (only taking longer to check if a website is on the "approved" list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.