FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Updates to Hilton’s Current Best Price Guarantee
Old Sep 29, 2018, 12:41 am
escape4

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Have you tried using it lately? If Expedia has a 1pm cancellation deadline and the hotel 2pm, the claim will be denied, not to mention all of the OTAs that are excluded for no obvious reason.

Some people will find this change to be useful, to avoid the lottery of booking prepaid and then having a BRG claim denied. But I'm not sure that a BRG policy that only works on a prepaid basis (taking the cancellation window out of the equation) is worth getting excited about. There might be a lot of lost money by making a prepaid booking and then having plans subsequently change...
Well that's just it. Hilton's BRG treatment of flexible bookings is so draconian that for my own purposes, Hilton's BRG was only useful and usable for pre-paid bookings. Consequently, I used it for pre-paid more than 90% of the time and now they just made my life easier for that 90%.

I agree this change won't help much for flexible bookings, but at least one part of the BRG program has been improved.

For flexible bookings, I will continue to use Marriott/Starwood, but now for pre-paid rates there is no doubt in my mind Hilton is now far superior than Marriott/Starwood.