Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HH elite benefits on airline staff rate (AL)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond

I have an upcoming trip with a friend to Poland, visiting the Hilton Warsaw and DoubleTree Krakow.
I'm a HH gold member and my friend works for an airline so we booked an airline staff rate via the Hilton website with the AL code and my HH number.
Are we going to get gold benefits during our stay? or does using an AL discount disqualifies any elite recognition?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
You will get the benefits, although the Conrad in Seoul told me they were Doing it as a goodwill gesture and next time I needed to book directly with hilton to get the benefits (it was). Other than that no issues.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PLT, IHG Ambassador Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, BWR Diamond
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
You will get the benefits, although the Conrad in Seoul told me they were Doing it as a goodwill gesture and next time I needed to book directly with hilton to get the benefits (it was). Other than that no issues.
Thanks!!
One more question, what kind of ID are they requiring? it's our first AL stay so I'm not too sure how it works. My friend has an airline employee picture id but other then the name of the airline (elal) and logo it's all in Hebrew.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 2:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Sometimes they ask for it but usually not. A few times they’ve photocopied it. Just be prepared to show it. They won’t scrutinize the ID.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:46 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
I done this once at Hilton Birmingham metropole, was supposed to be traveling with a mate ( who is a pilot)...... he at the last minute couldn't make it and took someone else instead......I would have been happy to pay the rack rate if mentioned but no ID asked for.
I got diamond benefits but no points or stay credit.....that said it was very cheap @ £38 for a twin room that got upgraded to a twin executive.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 8:42 am

Just wanted to confirm, Airline Staff Rates do not earn points? But would receive Diamond benefits? Can anyone confirm. Thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2023, 1:59 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by GMSK
Just wanted to confirm, Airline Staff Rates do not earn points? But would receive Diamond benefits? Can anyone confirm. Thanks!
I received Diamond benefits but not stay credit the one time I used it back in 2018.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by GMSK
Hello fellow flyer,

As a diamond myself i use this link where you recieve the same AL discount plus stays, points and benefits... usual ID requested on check in, enjoy!

https://www.hiltonairlineemployeerates.com/

HH777
Old Aug 7, 2023, 2:11 am

If u book by the App with AL, then it’s with benefits but no points/credits. If u book by the link and confirm with your airline mail address, then u get benefits and points/credits but sometimes it’s less discount but way more properties offering the rate compared to the group code in the app (website 25%, App 20-50%)
SPN Lifer, hugolover and wizla like this.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 2:45 am

AL code not working anymore ?

Hi guys,

I've been using the AL code since last few years, mostly for bookings in europe and Asia
My last booking was in Sept 23'
But since then I've not been able to access the airline staff rate. Tried at many different location and different dates.
Anyone else facing the same problem ? Or aware of any changes from Hilton or another code ?

Good day to everyone.
Thank you.
Old Nov 29, 2023, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The code doesn't work, use the landing page in post 8 which works. It's not cheap though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.