Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre {DEU}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hilton Frankfurt City Centre {DEU}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 1999, 1:04 am
Original Poster

Arrow Hilton Frankfurt City Centre {DEU}

During my recent trip to Germany, I twice stayed in the Frankfurt Hilton. Both times the service was outstanding, the staff cheerful and helpful, and the amenities excellent. Both times I had in my room a complimentary plate of fruit and chocolate and a card signed by the manager; the second time I also received a personal letter of welcome from the General Manager, Mr. Wolfgang M. Neumann . (Yes, I know it was probably run off on the word processor as a form letter with my name added, but it was still very thoughtful.)

The rooms were spacious and very comfortable, the bathroom huge and ergonomic, and the towels large and soft enough serve as a model for a Sybarite.

On the second stay, I requested an upgrade (Gold HHonors) to a room with a better view, and was given a beautiful corner room with the outer walls both mostly window overlooking a park. That room was what I want my office to look like when I become King of the World (except that having a huge bed like that in my office would probably cause some comment). Really remarkable. I highly recommend it!
Old Oct 17, 1999, 5:27 am

Programs: AA concierge key; marriott premier platinum; United GS; hilton diamond
I couldn't agree more. I just was there yesterday and found the hotel to be refreshingly pleasant. The rooms on the business floor were spacious and clean. The lobby has a couple of very nice bars (Budda bar is very hip!) and they have a killer fitness center. I usually stay at the Marriott there but was forced to the Hilton by a book fair reserving the entire Marriott. I probably won't go back to the Marriott. I highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice downtown hotel
Old Oct 21, 1999, 7:31 am

Well I am jealous of you both, on Monday & Tuesday I had to slum-it at the Frankfurt Marriott COURTYARD Messe.

I don't think they understand what a loyalty programme is!

Nick
Old Nov 16, 2000, 12:32 pm
Original Member

Here is a recent review of the Frankfurt Hilton -----> http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum81/HTML/001354.html
Old Mar 15, 2001, 11:17 am

Hilton Frankfurt

I will be staying at the Frankfurt Hilton this Saturday(March 18th). Any suggestions for afternoon-night activities.
Old Mar 15, 2001, 4:11 pm
DOC 2 BE

The "apple wine"/beer house area is really nice, and you get to mix with the locals. Good food and drink!

Old Mar 15, 2001, 8:29 pm

Thanks Doc, I will give it a try. Any other suggestions?
Old Mar 15, 2001, 9:55 pm
DOC 2 BE

I don't have any in particular. However, since it is a big banking area, it is a pretty wealthy city, and the nickname the locals give it is "Main-Hattan" as it has a modern skyline and it reminds then of New York City on the river Main!

Therefore, there should be plenty of night life for whatever floats your boat.

I really don't know much about museums there, other than the Jewish museum, which is housed in the old Rothhschild mansion. It was a good museum if you are interested in the history of the Jews in Germany, but it was infuriatingly mostly in German, although I bet most of their visitors are English speaking.

I hear that the Frankfurt Hilton is really nice, as it is one of the newer Hilton properties. You should enjoy it, and if you have the time, file a brief trip report!

Old Mar 16, 2001, 1:44 pm

If you like tabledance I can recommand the "Golden Gate". adress: Karlstraße 17. This street begins right across the rail mainstation (Hauptbahnhof). Until midnight there is tabledance after midnight it's a disco club. Entrance is about $10.
Old Mar 16, 2001, 2:57 pm

I was living in Frankfurt for many, many years.

Go to:

1. Goethehaus near Hotel Steigenberger Hof.
2. "Fress Gasse" Grosse Bockenheimer Str. and Goethe Str. nice ambiente, good restaurants like "Die Leiter" or "Schwarzer Hahn" alle Kaiserhofstr, off "Fress Gasse". Near "Alte Oper".
2. Apple-Wine "pubs" in Sachsenhausen: "Wagner", Schweizer Str. or any other like "Klaane Sachsehaeuser" or so. http://www.FrankfurtRestaurants.com

3. Roemerberg/Roemer, Schirn museum and nearby pedestrian bridge over Main river.

4. Museums-Ufer. Many, many museums (art, film etc.) on the River Main, on the Sachsenhausen side.

Don't go:

Red light district near Hauptbahnhof/Central Station. Taunusstr., Elbestr., Weserstr. etc.

Wish you nice weather and fun!

[This message has been edited by USAFAN (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old Mar 16, 2001, 3:02 pm
DOC 2 BE

Originally posted by USAFAN:
Don't go:

Red light district near Hauptbahnhof/Central Station.
I've got to agree on that. Getting off the train from the airport, I walked outside in broad daylight and there were 2 drug addicts palying with their dirty and visibly blood soaked needles for all to see. It was extremely unpleasant, and I have never seen this anywhere else, even in the USA!!

Old Mar 16, 2001, 4:27 pm
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

aka "BANKfurt"!
Old Mar 16, 2001, 8:20 pm

Thanks for the input everyone. The weather is supposed to be rainy, so I don't know how much I will get to do. I'll give you my opinion on Frankfurt when I get back.
Old Mar 21, 2001, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stayed at the FF Hilton a couple of times lately. It is a new (approx 2 years old) very nice & modern property in the center of town. IMHO the nicest Hilton in Germany, especially compared to the stale Hilton in DUS and Mainz/Rhein. In Mainz the City Hilton is preferrable.
Old Mar 21, 2001, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally posted by cesco.g:
Stayed at the FF Hilton a couple of times lately. It is a new (approx 2 years old) very nice & modern property in the center of town. IMHO the nicest Hilton in Germany, <snip>
I'd fully agree, as would others:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum57/HTML/000268.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.