Tier Status is B?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Tier Status is B?

What does that mean?

Made a reservation, and that was in the title of the e-mail confirmation:

"your upcoming reservation at blah blah, your tier status is B, look forward to seeing you on blah blah.

E-mail font and format was different than the usual Hilton confirms.

I guess B is better than F but not as good as A?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:04 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Once I was welcomed at a hotel with "I see you are Level 4 of our program"
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 1:25 am

Is this something to do with the three 'stars' mentioned in other threads that the FD staff can see on their screen, which turned out to be a secret rating that we never find out, based on how much we spend?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
E-mail font and format was different than the usual Hilton confirms.
Perhaps this hotel is using their own software product to send out these emails. If that's true, they may have not set it up correctly and "B" is a placeholder that was not correctly assigned a value. That would be my guess.

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, if you want to know what it means, ask someone at the hotel.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
I saw the same thing when I made a reservation today. On my email confirmation, the "your tier status is B" sentence is a link to the Hilton website. Is yours the same thing? What type of property did you book? Today's is for a Conrad and the confirmations for my Hilton reservations earlier this summer did not have that statement.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:29 am

My most recent confirmation, from a day ago, correctly shows “Your Hilton Honors Tier Status is Diamond”.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gradfly
I saw the same thing when I made a reservation today. On my email confirmation, the "your tier status is B" sentence is a link to the Hilton website. Is yours the same thing? What type of property did you book? Today's is for a Conrad and the confirmations for my Hilton reservations earlier this summer did not have that statement.
It was a Hilton. I'm going next week so I might ask when I check in.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:38 pm

Booked 2 Hiltons today... The Boca Raton Resort (Waldorf) and an Embassy Suites in Seattle (opposite sides of the country AND different brand categories)... Both of the emails said Tier Status B (the ALT text in place of the header image).

First time I noticed it, so I went back and looked at my other Hilton confirmations and note that the first time I saw this was when I made a reservation on September 7th. My last booking before then was placed on Aug 21 and that email confirmation did not have this part (though it was a European reservation).

The B is definitely just some back-end code or placeholder for Diamond, judging by how the text is replaced by an image.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
Originally Posted by Dazzie
...The B is definitely just some back-end code or placeholder for Diamond, judging by how the text is replaced by an image.
I agree. When I use an image blocker in my email account the reservation confirmation says my status is B. When I click the "show images" option the status in the same email changes to Diamond.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Westcoaster
I agree. When I use an image blocker in my email account the reservation confirmation says my status is B. When I click the "show images" option the status in the same email changes to Diamond.
Same experience
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by Westcoaster
Yes. "A" is Lifetime Diamond
SPN Lifer and sallyerd like this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Forgot I started this thread. When we checked in we asked about it and the FD guy had no clue.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 1:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA, BA, Accor, Honors Diamond, IHG Diamond Elite and lots more....
Tier Code B = Diamond
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2023, 7:33 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Asked and answered. Thanks.

cblaisd, Co-Moderator, Hilton forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.