Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit {THA}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit {THA}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2023, 2:50 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Beware that the best room this property will upgrade a Diamond member to is a Premium room. According to the front desk, they don't have a standard suite that other hotels upgrade their members to. Instead, they have an Executive Suite which is not a standard suite. That is the reason that suites are excluded from the upgrade pool. In reality, the Executive Suite is just a fancy name and is very average. How do other fellow members think about this tactic?
kevino likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
Beware that the best room this property will upgrade a Diamond member to is a Premium room. According to the front desk, they don't have a standard suite that other hotels upgrade their members to. Instead, they have an Executive Suite which is not a standard suite. That is the reason that suites are excluded from the upgrade pool. In reality, the Executive Suite is just a fancy name and is very average. How do other fellow members think about this tactic?
If you’re not happy, then I’d book a property that will upgrade you.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
As per the recent previous posts including mine, they really don't like upgrading people.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:55 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If you’re not happy, then I’d book a property that will upgrade you.
The thing is you don't know that in advance. That's why I commented here so that those who do care can factor that in when booking. Bangkok is not short of choices.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:58 am

Programs: It's Complicated...
Looking at the photos posted above, the rooms look much better than the other DT property on Soi 26 which has become pretty tired. For the prices I see on this property....looks like pretty decent value. I like that the floors appear to be not carpeted! Wish more hotels did that.
kevino likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2023, 11:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Just completed a stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton Bangkok Ploenchit in March 2023. Good value. Just down the street from JW Marriott in a quiet area. As a Diamond Elite member, got upgraded to a premium king room which is a bigger room with bigger washroom and better view.

Renovations are complete in the rooms despite the previous complaints. Still no executive lounge. You get drink vouchers instead. Acceptable breakfast spread. Not extravagant.

Staff spoke good English and service was good.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Any recent stays?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:30 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
One post above yours there is a poster that describes his experience from last week. So maybe read that first and then ask clear questions about what you actually want/need to know.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: AY, Accor, Hilton - Gold
Originally Posted by fransknorge
One post above yours there is a poster that describes his experience from last week. So maybe read that first and then ask clear questions about what you actually want/need to know.
Thank you, thats awfully nice of you.

We dont have 2023 anymore though - time flies huh?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 6:47 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Well I read the date too quickly, my bad. Nevertheless a clear question would still be appreciated, because except a yes or no your question does not exactly invite to specify what you would like to know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.