Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 16, 2014, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Lifetime Diamond Status with HHonors is now reality. ^

More recent information posted by Lauren (Hilton Honors Representative) reflects changes in the Honors Lifetime Diamond qualifying criteria:

Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

A few months ago, we received some great feedback in the Q&A thread with our VP of Hilton HHonors, Aaron Glick. While the team explores a number of initiatives, one area that we could change quickly was our Lifetime Diamond qualifications. As of January 2017, we will grant Lifetime Diamond to all members who have met the following criteria:

• Members who have maintained Diamond status for at least 10 years (years do not need to be consecutive)

AND

• Have stayed at least 1,000 nights - either paid or reward (as you may know, only paid nights were eligible before)

OR

• Have accumulated 2 million Base Points since joining the Hilton HHonors program (this is a new feature to enable more members to enjoy Lifetime Diamond status; also as a reminder, only Base Points are eligible...Bonus Points earned via promotions, co-brand credit cards, or other means do not count towards status)

So now, there will be essentially two ways you can qualify for Lifetime Diamond:
1. 10 years at Diamond with Hilton HHonors + 1,000 nights (including paid and reward)
2. 10 years at Diamond + 2 million cumulative Base Points

An email notification will go out in February to members who have qualified for Lifetime Diamond as of December 31, 2016. If you want a sneak peek to find out if you will qualify, you can contact the Diamond Desk and the team will be happy to help.

Please reach out with any questions or comments, and I’ll be sure to share them directly with Aaron and team.

Thank you!
Lauren
Previous:

Details for the first inductees were announced on the 11th Feb. 2015. Erin (HHonors Rep here on FT) posted the announcement shortly before the emails were sent out to members on the same day.

Originally Posted by HHonorsRepresentative
Hi all,

Thanks for your patience as I gathered more details on our Lifetime Diamond rollout. As we’re in the New Year, I have some additional details to share with you.

Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:
  • Have maintained Diamond Status for at least 10 years (consecutive or concurrent) and
  • Completed paid stays totaling at least 1,000 nights
Members that met this criteria as of December 31, 2014 will be notified via email and receive their Lifetime Diamond Status in the mail at the physical address on their account at the end of February. Members that meet Lifetime Diamond Status criteria in the middle of the year will receive Lifetime Diamond Status at the beginning of the following year.

Please note that we are in early stages of this benefit, which means that elements of this offering may evolve and may change over time. As I hear of any updates, I will be sure to share those here.

As always, your input is truly valued and we welcome your thoughts and feedback during this launch period. We’re here and listening!

Thanks,
Erin
[B]Initially, Lifetime Diamond Status will go to a select group of members who met all of the following criteria as of December 31, 2014:

All paid stays count — not just the paid stays during the years a member is a Hilton HHonors diamond.

As more information becomes available it will be added here. Should you have any updates please post them in the thread or in this wiki to keep the most pertinent info quickly available to those interested.

For those interested, the development unfolded as follows:

Erin, the HHonors rep on FT posted the following on 16/12/2014: (after some eagle eyed attention by adambrock from an email sent out by Hilton and which he thankfully posted here on FT: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilto...tus-email.html Kudos to adambrock for noticing and sharing it with the community. ^)

HHonorsRepresentative (Erin) wrote in that thread:

In 2015, HHonors will begin introducing Lifetime Diamond Status! As you may know, we’re always looking for new ways to reward you and we take into consideration your feedback on ways to recognize our most loyal members. Over the past several years, we’ve heard from you that Lifetime Diamond Status is important to you and I’m thrilled to announce that we will be inviting some of our most tenured Diamond members into this status.

I’ll have more details for you in early 2015 and I understand our first Lifetime Diamond members will receive their invitations in the early part of 2015. At this time, this is all the information I have on Lifetime Diamond Status, but I will do my best to keep you all updated as I hear more!

levman wrote in a post on Jan 24:

The best source of info I've found is the email address [email protected]. It seems to be staffed with people dedicated to the Lifetime Diamond program.
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Lifetime Diamond - Experiences, Questions, Is It Worth It?" thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2018, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Miesque
I wish we could see how many lifetime nights we have in our My Account section of our online access
Can't imagine it's that hard since airlines have lifetime MQM's.
Old Mar 15, 2018, 8:00 am
cjd

Originally Posted by Michael19887
[email protected] - This is the email address I’ve contacted to check-in on my lifetime stats. They are fast and provide accurate information. They also said this in the bottom of an email:

**We are currently working on the online Lifetime Diamond tracker and hope to have it fully functional by the end of 2018.*
Well, as per the OP's original post, I hope Hilton is looking forward to many members disagreeing with their Lifetime tracker numbers! I also have been told different figures on several occasions, but didn't get very far when querying them. It's difficult to work out myself when I've been a member for nearly 20 years.
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:05 pm

Does the Lifetime Diamond status count award stays for qualification?
Old Mar 16, 2018, 3:13 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by puchong
Does the Lifetime Diamond status count award stays for qualification?
It does now - when the status was started, it didn't.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by Tomphot
It does now - when the status was started, it didn't.
But you need 1,000 paid nights or 2,000 total nights- right? 1,000 is hard, 2,000 i cannot imagine. I should get it on base points in 3-4 years with ~800 total nights.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 9:29 am
cjd

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
But you need 1,000 paid nights or 2,000 total nights- right? 1,000 is hard, 2,000 i cannot imagine. I should get it on base points in 3-4 years with ~800 total nights.
Might be wrong here but I think the Lifetime Diamond requirement is 1,000 total nights and 10 years of Diamond or 2,000,000 base points and 10 years of Diamond.

Last edited by cjd; Mar 18, 2018 at 3:31 pm Reason: Corrected figures
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:05 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by cjd
Might be wrong here but I think the Lifetime Diamond requirement is 1,000 total nights and 10 years of Diamond or 2,000,000 million in base points and 10 years of Diamond.
This
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Nope. It is 10 years as Diamond and either 1000 nights (paid or award) or 2,000,000 base points.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 10:40 am

Programs: HHonors Lifetime Diamond, UA Million Miler Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ehallison
I understand the OP's frustration. It seems he's working toward a moving target, and I would want to get it addressed sooner rather than later.
Well the OP says that he has been sending business Hiltons way for years in an attempt to achieve LTD. Kind of hard to comprehend when LTD has been around only a short time. Hard to imagine they were targeting something that did not exist.
Old Mar 17, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
My bad.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
I called HH and asked them to downgrade me to Blue yesterday. A couple years ago I was down graded to Silver after 13 years of Diamond. The HH service agent for the "unwashed masses" would not downgrade me and I had to get transferred to the Diamond Desk. I talked to them a few times to no avail about a lifetime status like other hotels. I sit someplace in high 800"s on nights. My assignment had changed in 2013 and travel was throttled way back. Now I manage manage 14 sales engineers and travel a bit. I met with my team and explained the policy HH and how it affects their top tier down-the-road. In contrast, I explained how SPG (I was 10 years a Plat) and Marriott (a few years as Gold) had given me lifetime Gold. I wish I never had given my business to Hilton as I look back. The up-side is Marriott&SPG Gold is very good and maybe better as there are more hotel choices. I will go out of my way to not stay in Hilton properties from now on. I would rather be a nothing Blue than get a charity status. I sympathize with the OP - once you're waay down that rabbit hole you need to commit.

Last edited by MIKEM; Mar 18, 2018 at 12:35 pm
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MIKEM
I called HH and asked them to downgrade me to Blue yesterday. A couple years ago I was down graded to Silver after 13 years of Diamond. The HH service agent for the "unwashed masses" would not downgrade me and I had to get transferred to the Diamond Desk. I talked to them a few times to no avail about a lifetime status like other hotels. I sit someplace in high 800"s on nights. My assignment had changed in 2013 and travel was throttled way back. Now I manage manage 14 sales engineers and travel a bit. I met with my team and explained the policy HH and how it affects their top tier down-the-road. In contrast, I explained how SPG (I was 10 years a Plat) and Marriott (a few years as Gold) had given me lifetime Gold. I wish I never had given my business to Hilton as I look back. The up-side is Marriott&SPG Gold is very good and maybe better as there are more hotel choices. I will go out of my way to not stay in Hilton properties from now on. I would rather be a nothing Blue than get a charity status. I sympathize with the OP - once you're waay down that rabbit hole you need to commit.
If you have no intention of staying why does a name of a status even matter to you?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Baze
If you have no intention of staying why does a name of a status even matter to you?
Kind of bizarre, isn't it? It sounds like he knows that he's 200 nights short of lifetime Diamond, is apparently upset because of a job change that left him short, held a meeting with his team - solely for the purpose of explaining why one hotel chain will be better for them than another, at some point in the future, and then called Hilton "a few times" trying to get them to assign him a lower status than he is apparently entitled to.

I guess that was easier than say, not putting his member number on his reservations?
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA1P MM, Hilton Dia, Mar Lifetime Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Baze
It made me feel better to tell them to shove the Silver. I found out about my situation with them a couple years ago and that's when the conversations with DD took place. I was told Lifetime was not going to happen and I gave up then. I never heard of the "Lifetime" thing until around 2011/2012 when SPG came out with their's. Hilton countered SPG with a few years at Diamond and shortly after developed their "lifetime" program. And here we are years later and the program is still ambiguous as proven by the OP - it should be concrete with visibility. The failure to have accurate accounting with visibility is an invitation for calls to contest, If I were the OP I would nail down the exact number of stays and try to get a document stating the goal.

Sometimes events occur (conference) and I have to stay at HH property - unfortunate. It's easier to make the reservation with an account or I would close it. For the record, I am angry about missing the cut-off and I will never forget how I was handled. It will be a cold day before I approve a Hilton property expense report.
Old Mar 18, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA-1K, Aegean-Gold, TK-Elite, Accor-Platinum, SPG-Gold, Hilton-Gold, Club Carlson-Gold,AMEX-Platinum
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Accurate accounting should be a basic requirement for a loyalty program. This isn’t rocket science and I can’t imagine that their computer system, if it has a feature to display the lifetime night count, would give “random” results. So I suspect there is some sort of manual process required that agents go through every time someone asks. Perhaps querying multiple legacy systems and adding up the numbers, perhaps manually adding the award nights or c&p nights. And every agent does this manual work slightly differently (incorrectly), resulting in random results.

Maybe if every FTer makes a request once a month, the workload from this increases the priority of automating the task. Sending my request today
I highly agree with you! Transparency should be #1 when it comes to loyalty programs. However, Hilton is not alone with this .... (not that that should make you feel any better)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.