Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:22 am

Hi guys,

Are rooms booked through the Hilton website also credited? I want to book the Hilton Dubai Jumeirah (part of the resorts list) for November. Right now there is a sale going on and I want to take advantage of it. So, if I book this prepaid non-refundable rate through the Hilton website, will I still get the resort credit? Or do I only get it if I get charged at the resort? If so, will it work if I book over the phone with the hotel instead? And, if my Aspire credit expires on Nov 15, will I get the credit even I make a purchase on that date? Thanks!
Old Jul 11, 2019, 1:51 am

DT Fallsview Resort Niagara Falls : Stayed on June 30/July 1, posted on July 3, automatically credited $250 on July 6
Old Jul 11, 2019, 7:21 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
As a reminder, before posting a question, there is a detailed wiki at the top of this thread which explicitly answers every question that has been asked in the past few days.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:57 pm

Someone should do a trial run regarding the drink and dine comment (no room)
Old Jul 16, 2019, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by health1au
Someone should do a trial run regarding the drink and dine comment (no room)
I'm not sure what you're referring to. But as to whether eating and drinking at a property without staying triggers the credit, many have posted about it, and it depends on the property-- i.e., if the credit card is run through the hotels merchant account or if the restaurant has its own account.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:02 am

So if I book a stay at a Hilton resort property and use a fully refundable rate, that should be reimbursed, correct?
Old Jul 17, 2019, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by GunneRy
So if I book a stay at a Hilton resort property and use a fully refundable rate, that should be reimbursed, correct?
Of course. As mentioned in the wiki, it does not matter what rate you book, as long as your Aspire is charged directly by a qualifying property, you will get the credit.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 10:56 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG, IHG, AA, SWA
Originally Posted by Adam1222
I'm not sure what you're referring to. But as to whether eating and drinking at a property without staying triggers the credit, many have posted about it, and it depends on the property-- i.e., if the credit card is run through the hotels merchant account or if the restaurant has its own account.
I have done this at the Tropicana in Vegas. I have never had a problem with the resort credit posting as it should for stays, but when I've gone to The Laugh Factory, without being a guest in the hotel, those charges have never received a resort credit, but do garner 14 HH points per dollar as a Hilton spend.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Of course. As mentioned in the wiki, it does not matter what rate you book, as long as your Aspire is charged directly by a qualifying property, you will get the credit.
Are there certain resorts that offer refundable bookings but also charge your card upon booking rather than when you stay? Tried reading through wiki / posts but every resort I've looked at says pay when you stay
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA, US, WN, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by kyleh
Are there certain resorts that offer refundable bookings but also charge your card upon booking rather than when you stay? Tried reading through wiki / posts but every resort I've looked at says pay when you stay
You just need a resort that charges a one night deposit like the Tropicana.
Old Jul 18, 2019, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by kyleh
You can reach out the resort directly and see if they allow prepayment/advance deposit. They typically charge your card right away before your stay and credit the amount in your portfolio. Upon check out, you just have to clear the balance. If there's a remaining balance, the property refund back to the card. Read this post for details: https://mypointslife.blogspot.com/20...rt-credit.html
Old Jul 18, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I booked an upcoming award stay on Conrad Bora Bora butnwill have charges for upgrade, dining and other things. Should I expect to get the $250 credit? Also, my wife has this card too and my plan is to charge $250-300 to her card and the rest to me. The stay is under my name.
Yes, I just did an award stay at the Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi and charged $300 of the F&B incidentals to my Aspire card. The $250 credit posted about five days later.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GunneRy
Yes, as long as it's a resort currently on the list. Not ever Hilton property that has "resort" somewhere in the name counts, only ones that are on the list count. And there's one or two hotels that were on the list a year ago that have dropped off of the list, even though they still are in the Hilton program.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:01 am

My annual renews in 7/24. I used it over the weekend and it got charged on the 21st. Anyone know if will get this year $250 credit of next year $250?
Old Jul 22, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ask4haas
My annual renews in 7/24. I used it over the weekend and it got charged on the 21st. Anyone know if will get this year $250 credit of next year $250?
Did you look on Credit Karma to see when it says your account was originally opened? Does that match to the exact day when your last AF on this card was billed? (it does match in my case, down to the exact day.)

Anyway, I suggest you check daily to see when it posts, and to see what the counter says about your credit, and if / when that counter resets. If your credit posts 7/22 and your counter resets 7/24 plus or minus a day, you'll not only have your answer, if you report back here you'll have everyone's answer.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.