Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2020] Hilton Amex Aspire $250 Resort Credit

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Can you “double dip” so to speak on the resort credit? I know the new resort credit is given to you on your card anniversary. So if the day of my anniversary rolls around, I use the resort credit, then cancel the card just after it charges me the annual fee, do I get the resort credit and not have to pay the $450?
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
For those looking to use the credit before the account anniversary, we stayed at the Doubletree Breckenridge. We booked the room in September and stayed in November. The hotel charged us a one night deposit in September (even though it was a fully refundable reservation). Amex reimbursed us two days after the deposit was charged in September. We had some room and valet charges when we stayed in November and Amex reimbursed us the rest of the $250 dollar credit then.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
For those looking to use the credit before the account anniversary, we stayed at the Doubletree Breckenridge. We booked the room in September and stayed in November. The hotel charged us a one night deposit in September (even though it was a fully refundable reservation). Amex reimbursed us two days after the deposit was charged in September. We had some room and valet charges when we stayed in November and Amex reimbursed us the rest of the $250 dollar credit then.
That's great. I wonder if anyone has had any luck with Hampton Inn?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AOPA
Originally Posted by Blind and Green
have multiple semi flex reservation, but none of them have been charged. Not sure when the will be charging them.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:12 pm

I had a charge for my stay at Waldorf Astoria La Quinta resort on 10/29, but the $250 resort credit has not been posted after almost 20 days. ($70 credit from Amex offer did post rather quickly a few days after....) I read here a lot of people got the $250 credit posted a few days after the charge was posted. I chatted and called Amex aspire card customer service, but they all use the standard time frame of 8-12 weeks to try to make me wait.

What is my option? I have a feeling that if the credit did not post a few days after the charge, it is never gonna post.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:09 pm

Programs: Hilton - Diamond; SPG/Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by thebat
To be clear, the Doubletree Breckenridge is on the list of the Hilton resorts.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 2:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, HH Dia
Reward year?

Is there a way to double-check when the card's award year begins? I upgraded in January and was charged a pro-rated annual fee at that time. I was charged the full annual fee in June, which is when the fee has been charged for as long as I've had this Amex account (around 15 years). When I called Amex, they said the reward year would be based on the date of the January account upgrade. Is the timing of the annual fee completely unrelated to the timing of the reward year?

I'm curious because I received the $250 resort credit for a June stay (credited 6/30 for a stay ending 6/26) and I'm not sure whether my next resort stay (reserved for early June 2019) will be eligible for the credit.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by thebat
Sigh.

Doubletree Breckenridge is one of the 100+ resorts listed on the Hilton Resorts website, and thus eligible for this credit.

There are no Hampton Inns.

The determining factor is not the brand of the hotel, but whether it is on the list of eligible resorts.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 7:32 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Adam1222
Sigh.

Doubletree Breckenridge is one of the 100+ resorts listed on the Hilton Resorts website, and thus eligible for this credit.

There are no Hampton Inns.

The determining factor is not the brand of the hotel, but whether it is on the list of eligible resorts.
No, but I thought @trooper above said if you buy a Hilton property in the US in advance it processes through corporate office and the card recognizes it as a part of the credit?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum

No, but I thought @trooper above said if you buy a Hilton property in the US in advance it processes through corporate office and the card recognizes it as a part of the credit?
One single person reported that in a single instance. It is not supposed to work so that any domestic Hilton property qualifies with an advance purchase. That certainly is not what the resort credit benefit provides.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 9:43 am

Finally went to use my credit, booked a trip around it, and it appears my fear may be true.
I stayed at the Hilton Playa del Carmen, which is on the list of resorts. The charge posted as the "Royal Playa del Carmen," which is what the hotel was before it joined Hilton. No credit applied, no extra points for the spend. Will keep folks posted if I get it resolved. But beware.

UPDATE: Surprisingly, the full credit posted 2 days later.

Last edited by Adam1222; Nov 20, 2018 at 9:11 pm
Old Nov 20, 2018, 9:08 pm

Any data points on if the Doubletree Times Square counts? It's not on the resort list but when you run the search for NYC hotels and click the "resort property" box on the left, it shows up as a resort property. Thoughts?
Old Nov 20, 2018, 11:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Booked and stayed one night at Hilton Buena Vista Palace near Dis Springs, on the Aspire, which I just upgraded to with a 150K/$4k in 3 months offer. This resort requires a deposit which was paid on booking, resort credit posted 2 days later for that charge. Post stay, had the resort fee + some misc. small charges on the portfolio, and that credit posted the day after these charges hit. Impressed, and this resort really was not a bad deal at all either.

Can anyone advise, does the $250 reset at your original cardmember anniversary (in my case for the Ascend), or will it reset at the upgrade date?
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by kantscholar
Any data points on if the Doubletree Times Square counts? It's not on the resort list but when you run the search for NYC hotels and click the "resort property" box on the left, it shows up as a resort property. Thoughts?
The only property that folks have reported as triggering the credit that is not on the list is in Waikiki. The search function you are discussing is irrelevant, as it is both overinclusive and underinclusive with the list of qualifying hotels.
Others have suggested there may be other properties, but refuse to provide specifics. But even if individuals have had luck in the past, I would not assume that any property that is not on the list of eligible properties would trigger the credit.
(Also note this particular property is closing is closing in 10 days.)
Old Nov 21, 2018, 12:13 pm

waldorf astoria resort la quinta from 10/29,... $250 is still not posted yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.