Wiki Posts
Search

Finding the State Rate?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2018, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, Southwest A-List, Hilton Diamond
Finding the State Rate?

I'm travelling on business on behalf of the State of CA, looking for a hotel in downtown San Diego. Last month, I was able to find that rate at a couple of hotels with the State Gov't Rate (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn). Now I have a co-worker that needs to book a room. However, I can't even find State Govt. Rate as an option. I can't remember if there was a check box exclusively for State Govt Rate in the search or if it came up from checking the Govt. Rate and showed up in the list of hotel rates. However, I can't seem to find the State Govt. Rate option anywhere on my search for any hotel in CA. I know I am booked under a State Govt. Rate for my reservation, so I know that rate exists.

Am I missing something obvious or did something change about the search interface? Thanks in advance for the help, esp. if I am missing something very obvious.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Which hotel in San Diego?
If you want government rates to show you need to check the Gov/Military rates * box on the website after clicking on advanced search and then clicking on Add a Special Rate Code.
There is a possibility that the specific government rate you are looking for may have an advance purchase requirement or some other similar restriction. I know I have found that state government rates have at times disappeared closer to my intended stay.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 7:05 pm

Programs: Holder of six "persona non-grata" awards
State rates are are also capacity controlled, only a few rooms per day. I've had prior success calling a property and asking them to override and book the State rate for me. ^

Originally Posted by jerry a. laska
Which hotel in San Diego?
If you want government rates to show you need to check the Gov/Military rates * box on the website after clicking on advanced search and then clicking on Add a Special Rate Code.
There is a possibility that the specific government rate you are looking for may have an advance purchase requirement or some other similar restriction. I know I have found that state government rates have at times disappeared closer to my intended stay.
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2018, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

Was looking at the Embassy Suites San Diego Bay or the Hampton Inn Downtown. I guess I did just hit "Govt Rate" when I booked it and found the state rate. Maybe they just ran out of state inventory. I'll tell my co-worker to try to call in and see if they can make a reservation at the State Rate for him. Doesn't seem to be a time thing because I can't find availability searching all the way out to Sept. Thanks for the replies.
Old Feb 8, 2018, 7:50 pm

Programs: AA EXPlat, 2.4MM; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingBear
I'm travelling on business on behalf of the State of CA, looking for a hotel in downtown San Diego. Last month, I was able to find that rate at a couple of hotels with the State Gov't Rate (Embassy Suites, Hampton Inn). Now I have a co-worker that needs to book a room. However, I can't even find State Govt. Rate as an option. I can't remember if there was a check box exclusively for State Govt Rate in the search or if it came up from checking the Govt. Rate and showed up in the list of hotel rates. However, I can't seem to find the State Govt. Rate option anywhere on my search for any hotel in CA. I know I am booked under a State Govt. Rate for my reservation, so I know that rate exists.

Am I missing something obvious or did something change about the search interface? Thanks in advance for the help, esp. if I am missing something very obvious.
Sometimes there is a state govt. rate, sometimes not

And does anyone know what the "for individual stay" govt. rate means?
Old Feb 9, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

And now all the state gov't rates are back on the hotels I was searching for. I wonder if they were resetting the rate in California or something. Weird, but nice when a problem solves itself!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.