Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

HONORS DISCOUNT: If you wish to cancel, please do so 30 days prior to arrival to avoi

HONORS DISCOUNT: If you wish to cancel, please do so 30 days prior to arrival to avoi

Old Feb 9, 18, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Unhappy HONORS DISCOUNT: If you wish to cancel, please do so 30 days prior to arrival to avoi

I may need a night in Chicago for 3/3, but found HONORS DISCOUNT and BEST AVAILABLE RATE for the hotel:

Cancellation Policy

If you wish to cancel, please do so 30 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.

48 hours is no longer enough, now it's 30 days???
Old Feb 9, 18, 1:02 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
Which property is this?
Old Feb 9, 18, 1:02 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG PLT (LT Gold), TK Gold, M&M S, BA Silver, Hyatt Dia
Originally Posted by Java Titan View Post
I may need a night in Chicago for 3/3, but found HONORS DISCOUNT and BEST AVAILABLE RATE for the hotel:

Cancellation Policy

If you wish to cancel, please do so 30 days prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.

48 hours is no longer enough, now it's 30 days???
Which one of the many hotels may that be?
Old Feb 9, 18, 2:02 pm

Programs: Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
Bad policy...
Avoid
Old Feb 9, 18, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
What did the property say when you called to confirm that it isn't an error?
Old Feb 9, 18, 5:47 pm

Check other dates (especially other Saturdays) to see if the cancelation policy matches. If is does not, this is likely related to a special event.
Old Feb 9, 18, 5:56 pm
dw

Programs: AA Plat Pro, IHG Spire Amb/Kimpton IC
At first I thought special event, but if you check rates for that night, rates are pretty low all around (like winter Saturday in Chicago low)
Old Feb 9, 18, 6:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
It's rare but some hotels do this for whatever reason. I didn't notice and had a property in Albuquerque refuse to cancel my room 5 days prior to arrival during their balloon festival in October. Sure enough it was 30 day cancellation. I was livid but admittedly my fault. The kicker was the hotel was sold out and had a waiting list. I told them to cancel the room and resell it to someone else who actually needed it. No idea what they did with the room but I was charged regardless. Live and learn.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: