Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:43 pm

I wonder if a connection can be constructed to link the 1XX villas and the villas by the arrival pier? Although unsightly, it would ease island traversal. I'm curious how long it takes to walk from the 2XX villas to Tasting Table for breakfast.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Does every villa have a set of bikes or do you have to request them?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:06 pm

Originally Posted by Prezlife
Have anyone stayed and reviewed the yacht costs? When first booking it stated it was $370/PP RETURN (roundtrip). Did any early bookers confirm that they honored the $370 roundtrip?
Yes the $378 RT + taxes was honored for us without any issues
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by mb123
Does every villa have a set of bikes or do you have to request them?
If you request your concierge he will have them arranged to have those parked outside the villa
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I'd guess it takes about 22-23 minutes for the average person to walk from the middle of the 200's villas to Tasting Table for breakfast/Peacock Alley for Happy Hour. And though the resort is not the barren, treeless wasteland that some suggested it might be, it doesn't have a lot of protection from the sun along the paths, so the walk would not be comfortable by the time the sun is up. You're better off riding one of the complimentary bicycles (just ask your concierge to have them delivered to your villa) or calling to request a buggy. Or stay in the 600s, 500s or low 300s villas if you want to be within comfortable walking distance to breakfast/happy hour.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I rode around this morning an took a lot of photos of the views from different parts of the island and, where possible, trying to show to approximate views from various villas.

If you're curious about the view from any particular villa, let me know, and I'll try to post a photo of the beach in front of that villa or the nearest photo I have if it's a water villa.

I'll try to post a comprehensive overview soon with recommendations and warnings about certain villas.

In the meantime though, here are a few photos I took from the "excursion pier." If you look the right side of the map above, the excursion pier protrudes out between villa 628 on the beach and overwater villa 701 that faces out the opposite way. If you walk out to the end of this pier and face the water, you can get a panoramic view of almost the entire resort, with the private island and Stella Maris to your left, and then the 700s overwater villas and 600 villas behind you, and the lagoon, the 200s beach villas and 100s overwater villas to your right.

Here's the view from start of pier to the 700s overwater villas, the two Stella Maris standalone overwater villas, and the private island. The odd numbered 700s villas are in the immediate left foreground to the left of the wooden path and the even numbered 700 villas start to the right of the wooden path a bit further out facing the opposite way.

Below is the view from start of pier to the end of pier with part of the private island

Below is the view from the end of the excursion pier looking at villa 628 in immediate far right foreground, and the "arrival pier" in the distance just to the right of the center of the photo with the white yacht docked there. Then the sandy part behind that and to the left are where the 200s beach villas are located, then the 100s overwater villas to the left. The 500s and 300s villas can't be seen, they're behind the arrival pier and to the right. There's also a small sandy island in the middle of the lagoon in the left part of the photo with a few trees but nothing else on it.

Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by crombiestone
Firstly I would like to chip in with some thanks to the FT "pioneers" . Some very helpful information already . If I could ask a couple of questions they would be . What are the selected drinks that are available in the Nava Happy Hour ? and I read somewhere that one establishment has Shisha water pipes . Did anyone notice the price for this ? Im sure it will be a little more than the $5 I'm used to paying here in El Gouna Egypt ;-) . Responses appreciated .

I saw shisha pipes at Nava. Don't know the prices. I didn't see what drinks are 50% at the 10pm happy hour, maybe they rotate those. Mocktails were priced around $15 and cocktails around $24 on the regular menu.

Last edited by jphripjah; Jul 9, 2019 at 5:04 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:12 am

@jphripjah I am wondering what all the stuff is in front of villa 311. Could you take pictures of the beach in front of (reef villa) 311.
Thanks
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:12 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
A big thank you to fellow flyertalker @jphripjah for dropping off the bottle of Billecart-Salmon Brut Blanc de Blanc this morning! We will definitely enjoy the bottle off our deck sometime this afternoon.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by alanslegal
A big thank you to fellow flyertalker @jphripjah for dropping off the bottle of Billecart-Salmon Brut Blanc de Blanc this morning! We will definitely enjoy the bottle off our deck sometime this afternoon.
I wonder if they will have an alternative welcome amenity for non-drinkers. Especially considering the amount of guests who are muslim.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors
Do they provide free water bottles in the room on a daily basis?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:00 am

Interested in the first snorkeling report.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by Seemilsma
Do they provide free water bottles in the room on a daily basis?
2 big bottles each day and housekeeping also comes 2 times a day
Old Jul 9, 2019, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by dimmedlights
What is the invoice like for this option B including all taxes and excluding tip.

Thank you,
I think it was around $395. I was a little surprised that they charged us for 2 bottles of water (not sparkling water) as well
Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:49 am

Has anyone tried the Tasting Table dinner buffet and what's the cost and is it any good and does it include any water or soft drink?

Edit: it’s not a buffet it’s regular table service with the menu available online. It was pretty good, particularly the sea bass with mussels dish.

Last edited by jphripjah; Jul 10, 2019 at 12:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.