Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 2:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by WorldTravl
@jphripjah I am wondering what all the stuff is in front of villa 311. Could you take pictures of the beach in front of (reef villa) 311.
Thanks
If you exit the front door of 311 and walk across the "road" you see a pathway to the beach that looks like this. To the right is the first of a string of about a dozen cabanas you can rent for the day for $100 which includes $80 credit at Nava Beach Club. In my opinion the cabanas are not well located, there are motorboats and water sports stuff right in front of them, and there's certainly no reason to get a cabana if you have a beach villa. I guess if you're in a water villa but you have kids who really want a beach and you want some privacy on the beach and you were going to eat at Nava Beach Club anyway then it might be worth it to rent a cabana.

To the left of the pathway is crap. Meaning, a large utility room for towels and whatnot, a smaller thin utility-looking shed, and a white tank of some kind.

Old Jul 9, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond; Royal Ambassor
Originally Posted by Stivelio
2 big bottles each day and housekeeping also comes 2 times a day
Do they also provide sparkling water and is the free water desalinated house water like in Rangali?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:05 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jphripjah
Has anyone tried the Tasting Table dinner buffet and what's the cost and is it any good and does it include any water or soft drink?
Is it a dinner buffet?

I'm interested in Yasmeen photos if you have any.

Re: room water; its just still water (like conrad's) and plenty to go around, officially its two large (1litre or a bit more) bottles per room but we have had 5-6 large bottles on an ongoing basis, gets replenished at morning room service and evening turndown.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:21 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by alanslegal
Is it a dinner buffet?
I thought so but now I see there's a dinner menu so maybe not.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:26 am

Thank you jphripjah for taking the time out of your vacation to explain and take photos for us eagerly waiting FTers!!

In your photo (which I've resized), how deep is the water in the light blue and dark blue areas?

Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
jphripjah

Thank you for all the informative information and pictures! My wife and I are scheduled to arrive in November.
In your opinion, which BV is the best for beachfront and privacy??
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:28 am

Thank you jphripjah, alanslegal and Stivelio, I really appreciate your reviews and perspectives. At first I was a bit hesitant, but you definitely ease my concerns a great deal.

@Moflav, we will be at the resort the week of Thanksgiving, love to meet up for a drink if you are there as well.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:40 am

Programs: Emirates Gold, United Silver, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by Casual Traveler
Thank you jphripjah, alanslegal and Stivelio, I really appreciate your reviews and perspectives. At first I was a bit hesitant, but you definitely ease my concerns a great deal.

@Moflav, we will be at the resort the week of Thanksgiving, love to meet up for a drink if you are there as well.
Sure thing Casual Traveler - FT peeps are the best!
I am super excited about the resort!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 10:58 am

Yes the $378 RT + taxes was honored for us without any issues
Did you have to bring it up along with a copy of the "proof" or they just know?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:15 am

Programs: HHonors Gold
So the million dollar Yacht broke down or something and so they have arranged a speed boat for us for our ride back to the airport. They have refunded one way charges for this inconvenience that we don't mind at all
So you ended up paying only 189 + taxes?
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by ddkrules
So you ended up paying only 189 + taxes?
Yes. $189 + taxes X 2

Originally Posted by NightFury1
Did you have to bring it up along with a copy of the "proof" or they just know?
I mentioned it to them and they didn't ask me for any "proof"
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:34 pm

I guess I am confused. The yacht transfer was $189 + taxes (2).
So you only paid $378 + taxes Total OR $756 for the both of you plus taxes.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 5:39 pm

So, you paid $378 (2) + taxes.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:38 pm

Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:27 pm

Arrrgh! Rain!!

My concierge told me a few days back that Conrad Maldives Rangali Island gets more rain than other resorts to it's atoll positioning or something. This morning, we've got the rain.

I don't mind it really, it's been hot and sunny the last four days, uncomfortably so at times, for me. I went out in the water on my first day here, not to snorkel, just to wade out 30-40 meters in chest/shoulder deep water, and sit and walk around out there for a while, while wearing a hat and sunglasses. Stupidly I didn't put on sunblock and I managed to get a moderate sunburn on my entire back, even the parts of my back that were submerged in water almost the whole time.

Since then I've been wearing a T-shirt in the water, like my mom used to make me do when I was seven.

A little rain doesn't hurt.

Last edited by jphripjah; Jul 9, 2019 at 9:18 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.