Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE 2018 to 2019] Waldorf Astoria Maldives Ithaafushi {MDV}

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
As reported regarding the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island on that resort's dedicated thread, the WA Ithaafushi is sending confirming emails saying that you owe $6 per person per night in addition to the points. This $6 per person per night charge is not mentioned or disclosed during the booking process. It does not appear when you pull up your reservation in "my reservations." It only appears in the confirming email as far as I can tell.
How much in taxes/fees would you be paying per night on an award reservation here?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:40 am

Good news. Curious about upgrade rates .... particularly to 2 bedroom villa
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:41 am

According to my booking email, taxes (which are really the green fee) are $60 for 5 nights.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by iluvdoco
How much in taxes/fees would you be paying per night on an award reservation here?
Their confirmation email says $6 per guest per night. So $12 a night for couples.

This write up on TPG says the taxes and fees on an award stay are significant and I don't understand why the article says this.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/waldor...k-with-points/
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:50 am

Their confirmation email says $6 per guest per night. So $12 a night for couples.

This write up on TPG says the taxes and fees on an award stay are significant and I don't understand why the article says this.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/waldor...k-with-points/
Yes, that was the reason for my question. Looks like the post above yours says $60/night. Not bad at all.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Looks like the post above yours says $60/night. Not bad at all.
I read that as $12 a night for five nights.

It's not disclosed upon booking and I don't know if they would waive it if you pointed that out.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:00 am

Yes, that was the reason for my question. Looks like the post above yours says $60/night. Not bad at all.
No, That's $60 for all 5 nights. $6 per person per night. But then again, they disclaim the taxes on the very bottom of 12 + 10%. But it does not show in the "Total." Given Hilton recently, I would doubt some sneaky tactic to charge you that 22% tax once you arrive on your 12+ hour flight.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:01 am

Originally Posted by dcht

Losing free breakfast would be brutal though..
Or would they strictly enforce a "continental breakfast" limit of cereal and fruit and then try to upsell you on omelettes, bacon, and pancakes?
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:05 am

Or would they strictly enforce a "continental breakfast" limit of cereal and fruit and then try to upsell you on omelettes, bacon, and pancakes?
I hope you two are referring to another hotel because my booking says breakfast is inclusive, of which of course should be for Gold+ members. Not having just that alone would be a deal breaker for me based on principle. I mean, they already charge excessively on the points redemption from 120k to 655k when you add a child after adding 2 adults.

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Feb 14, 2019 at 1:25 am Reason: remove offensive term
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:09 am

No one seems to be talking about the yacht transfers which are US$370 + taxes per person each way!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by samuelo
No one seems to be talking about the yacht transfers which are US$370 + taxes per person each way!
I think at this point, people are just gonna accept that it will be $1480 for two people round trip since the rooms are fancy and cost more points. But man.....that's a lot of money for yacht rides..
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:04 am

Originally Posted by divinebaboon
I think at this point, people are just gonna accept that it will be $1480 for two people round trip since the rooms are fancy and cost more points. But man.....that's a lot of money for yacht rides..
In the directions tab on the site, it says

Distance From Hotel: 23 km.
Drive Time: 30 min.

Directions
30 minute yacht ride from Velana Male International Airport (24 km). Exit Airport terminal, walk distance of 100 meters to the jetty

Type: Various other
Sea plane or yacht access

I hope by that it means we don't HAVE to pay $1500 for transport.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by NightFury1
In the directions tab on the site, it says

Distance From Hotel: 23 km.
Drive Time: 30 min.

Directions
30 minute yacht ride from Velana Male International Airport (24 km). Exit Airport terminal, walk distance of 100 meters to the jetty

Type: Various other
Sea plane or yacht access

I hope by that it means we don't HAVE to pay $1500 for transport.
Unfortunately you do. Once you make a booking and go to your Honors account to check the confirmation it states the transfers are US$370 excl. service and taxes so it’s another 23.2% on top I’m guessing of that. Also yes, that’s each way...

Last edited by samuelo; Feb 11, 2019 at 9:22 am
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:35 am

Programs: BAEC:Silver ,IHG:Spire Amb ,QR:Silver,HH:Diamond
Originally Posted by samuelo

Unfortunately you do. Once you make a booking and go to your Honors account to check the confirmation it states the transfers are US$370 excl. service and taxes so it’s another 23.2% on top I’m guessing of that. Also yes, that’s each way...
Im just looking at my confirmation and it reads as follows . My bolding :-

A shared return transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$370 + taxes and service per person. This charge will be added to your total bill. Please e-mail [email protected] for more information or to arrange your transfer.

I really hope so
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by crombiestone
Im just looking at my confirmation and it reads as follows . My bolding :-

A shared return transfer on the resort's private yacht is charged at US$370 + taxes and service per person. This charge will be added to your total bill. Please e-mail [email protected] for more information or to arrange your transfer.

I really hope so
So far we have the following:

-Host says that it's $370 one way.

-Site says return transfer is $370 per person.

What are the chances that the departure is free and the return is $370. Therefore it's technically $370 one way....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.