Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I'm still trying to ferret out a menu with prices for Jean-Georges at the W-A Beverly Hills...they have a "continental" on their (no price, not even pictures on Yelp) menu, which consists of assorted breakfast pastries, coffee and juice.

I'll be interested to see if this new "free" one is different from this. "One" pastry as opposed to "an assortment"?
Another example of how US "any Hilton Brand" just fall so short compared to their European, and especially Asian counterparts. I expect next to nothing as a DIA benefit at any US property, although I have been pleasantly surprised on occasion, so this is by no means a blanket statement.

Last edited by teemuflyer; Jan 4, 2018 at 6:53 pm
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I like continental breakfast in Europe. It includes a wide array of meats, cheeses, muesli, fruits, fresh-basked pasties, breads, several types of yogurt, and beverages. I will ask for these items at the Grand Wailea next month as part of "continental breakfast."
These items are all part of the continental breakfast at Hilton Bonnet Creek. It was a great feature. We were able to get filled up on complementary items without paying $20 to upgrade to eggs and sausage.

This will be a deciding factor of where we stay (BC vs W-A) when we return to Orlando.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
I like continental breakfast in Europe. It includes a wide array of meats, cheeses, muesli, fruits, fresh-basked pasties, breads, several types of yogurt, and beverages. I will ask for these items at the Grand Wailea next month as part of "continental breakfast."
Do you typically ask for these items at other domestic full-service properties when the standard offering falls short? Are your requests granted?

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Grand Wailea issuing vouchers for coffee and a muffin at Cafe Kula.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:37 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I think this is going to be one of those situations similar to what we experience with Doubletree and Hilton brands, some give a generous full breakfast (or close to it) while others have a far more insulting take on the definition of a Continental Breakfast. The good hotels will deliver something commensurate with expectations while others won't and you will make decisions on future stays relative to their competitors. The interesting angle is that since the brand never had an official breakfast benefit, anything is technically better than what we are currently getting
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:15 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by aww3583

This will be a deciding factor of where we stay (BC vs W-A) when we return to Orlando.
Ditto, have a trip planned Presidents Day week, any skinny on WA Orlando brekkie appreciated.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
And what if you don't drink coffee because of religious reasons or don't eat bread because of dietary/health (gluten free) restrictions? No substitution. Wow. Not even yogurt or oatmeal.
The more I think about it, stays at the W-A Roosevelt just got about $20 more expensive for Diamond members.

I don't drink coffee, but I'd stretch to value "juice and pastries" at $5. 1,000 bonus points can best be valued at $5. Add in the loss of the $30 F&B credit (which could be applied to non-F&B charges if you asked politely), you're out an additional $20.

This puts the Hilton and other nearby properties back in-play for stays in NO.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by Miesque
I think this is going to be one of those situations similar to what we experience with Doubletree and Hilton brands, some give a generous full breakfast (or close to it) while others have a far more insulting take on the definition of a Continental Breakfast. The good hotels will deliver something commensurate with expectations while others won't and you will make decisions on future stays relative to their competitors. The interesting angle is that since the brand never had an official breakfast benefit, anything is technically better than what we are currently getting
I would have agreed with you, if they had not rescinded the F & B credit. This is now clearly worse.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 1:56 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MS02113
Do you typically ask for these items at other domestic full-service properties when the standard offering falls short? Are your requests granted?

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Grand Wailea issuing vouchers for coffee and a muffin at Cafe Kula.
I was being mostly facetious, but you are probably right about what they will offer.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
On an upcoming stay at the Grand Wailea, among the Benefits now listed on Hilton’s website as a Diamond member, “Daily $15 food and beverage credit for you and one additional guest registered to the same room. Your credit can be used in any food and beverage location.” This is a great additional benefit IMO!
Andriyko likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:03 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by dsorota
On an upcoming stay at the Grand Wailea, among the Benefits now listed on Hilton’s website as a Diamond member, “Daily $15 food and beverage credit for you and one additional guest registered to the same room. Your credit can be used in any food and beverage location.” This is a great additional benefit IMO!

Agreed. Flexible F&B credits are much preferable to a small, fixed continental breakfast. Glad to see that the new benefit has turned out to be a real improvement, at least at this particular property.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
According to the recent review on the blog One Mile at a Time, the St. Regis in Mexico City gives free coffee and pastries at its bar every morning to anyone the "breakfast" that many of HIlton's Waldorf-Astoria properties will now be giving top-level elites.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 5:45 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dsorota
Where is this found? Can you post a link?
Old Jan 6, 2018, 8:31 pm

Here you go...
Old Jan 6, 2018, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
According to the recent review on the blog One Mile at a Time, the St. Regis in Mexico City gives free coffee and pastries at its bar every morning to anyone the "breakfast" that many of HIlton's Waldorf-Astoria properties will now be giving top-level elites.
well, you could say Hampton Inn gives full hot breakfast to everyone too.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 7:14 pm

I checked into the Grand Wailea yesterday and was handed a bunch of these coupons. I’m told you can only use up to two of the coupons per day and they only work at Cafe Kula. I asked why it didn’t match the stated Benefit on Hilton’s website but the concierge didn’t have an answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.