Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Waldorf Astoria Breakfast Benefit Launches Jan 1, 2018

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Marriott's lounge breakfast, while no great shakes at some marriotts (and not valid at resorts until after the merger), is much better than coffee and a donut. Fresh fruit and yogurt and coffee is what I am satisfied with, and can get that at Marriott, Hyatt and Starwood (for the most part, some also due the crummy $credit at a grab n go).
Old Feb 15, 2019, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by hugolover
Nah. But its written on the Hilton website.
where did this chart go? i can't seem to find it anywhere on the Hilton or WA site.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well spotted.

They seem to have binned it.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA gold, Hilton Diamond
I just checked out of Boca Beach Club. I got $30.00 credit per day. Breakfast ran around $31.00 with tip so I paid approx $1 each day for breakfast. I am gold.
Breakfast was good....fruit, salmon, gluten free bread table and gluten free waffles (I am celiac.)
tinkerbell78 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 1:04 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Anyone have an idea of what breakfast for Diamonds is at the Waldorf Astoria Atlanta? Is it the standard $15 credit PP?
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:13 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by Quinlanty
Anyone have an idea of what breakfast for Diamonds is at the Waldorf Astoria Atlanta? Is it the standard $15 credit PP?
Don't know the answer to your question with regard to the Atlanta property, but the Honors rules clearly state that Diamond members are entitled to a complimentary continental breakfast at Waldorf Astoria hotels. As well as a space available upgrade and 1000 bonus points per stay, the 3rd benefit listed in the actual rules states: "A daily continental breakfast in the hotel's designated restaurant for you and up to one guest registered to the same room each day of your stay."
My wife and I recently stayed at the Boca Beach Club Waldorf Astoria in Florida. They gave us each a $15 credit towards breakfast as Diamond members. The continental breakfast cost $25. Full buffet was $35. Nice stay, but at the end of our stay, I brought up the lack of the advertised breakfast benefit up with management. They apologised and said they would look into this and compensated me for the shortfall. Satisfactory outcome.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by cjd
Don't know the answer to your question with regard to the Atlanta property, but the Honors rules clearly state that Diamond members are entitled to a complimentary continental breakfast at Waldorf Astoria hotels. As well as a space available upgrade and 1000 bonus points per stay, the 3rd benefit listed in the actual rules states: "A daily continental breakfast in the hotel's designated restaurant for you and up to one guest registered to the same room each day of your stay."
My wife and I recently stayed at the Boca Beach Club Waldorf Astoria in Florida. They gave us each a $15 credit towards breakfast as Diamond members. The continental breakfast cost $25. Full buffet was $35. Nice stay, but at the end of our stay, I brought up the lack of the advertised breakfast benefit up with management. They apologised and said they would look into this and compensated me for the shortfall. Satisfactory outcome.
No. there's a chart upthread showing which hotels give full continental breakfast and which give a voucher credit.
nice that the boca beach club comped the remainder. they wouldn't give it to me
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:09 pm

Location: San Francisco, CA & Bangkok (Home)/Lawrenceville & Switzerland (Boarding School)/Baltimore, MD (College)
Programs: DL DM, AL MVPG 75K, SQ Gold, BA Silver, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by yerffej201
No. there's a chart upthread showing which hotels give full continental breakfast and which give a voucher credit.
Yes, but because the WA Atlanta is new, it wasn't on that old chart, and the chart has been removed from online. Im going to call, will update you all. Side note, the Boulders resort (former WA if im not mistaken) has a special exemption in their contract and doesn't provide any breakfast.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 3:33 pm

Waldorf Astoria Atlanta breakfast benefit is a $24 per person credit!
Old Apr 25, 2019, 4:55 pm
cjd

Originally Posted by yerffej201
That was an old chart and does not appear on the Honors website now as far as I can see. The current T & C's clearly state the benefit of the continental breakfast without any reference to any of the US hotels being exempt.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 5:36 am

Can someone enlighten me on what I should expect to receive at the WA Beverly Hills and WA La Quinta?

Both dedicated FT threads seem to suggest that I will receive a credit ($15pp for La Quinta, $25pp for Beverly Hills) but my WA MyWay benefits both have continental breakfast selected. I'm staying with my wife and two children at both properties in August and I'm guessing that the credit won't stretch too far at either property. I seem to remember spending > $100 just on omlettes in the WA Beverly Hills in 2017.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Life Plat 4mm, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RichH6109
Can someone enlighten me on what I should expect to receive at the WA Beverly Hills and WA La Quinta?

Both dedicated FT threads seem to suggest that I will receive a credit ($15pp for La Quinta, $25pp for Beverly Hills) but my WA MyWay benefits both have continental breakfast selected. I'm staying with my wife and two children at both properties in August and I'm guessing that the credit won't stretch too far at either property. I seem to remember spending > $100 just on omlettes in the WA Beverly Hills in 2017.
WA in Beverly Hills gave us $50 voucher, we both did the buffet - I just remember we received a bill for $24, I can’t remember what we did about the tip; I think we left cash so the buffet ran around $37.
RichH6109 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2019, 7:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Southwest A List, United Silver, Jumeirah One Silver, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by RichH6109

I just checked out of the WA BH and stayed with my wife and 2 kids. We got $50 F/B credit, I don’t think it matters that your My Way benefit is the continental breakfast. You’re correct that it probably won’t go far but you don’t have to use it for breakfast. You can use it at any restaurant or in-room dining. We used it for in-room dining for dessert for the kids and it was applied at checkout.
RichH6109 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.