Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2017] Hilton Tokyo {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by ashkale
Both the properties dont give a fk what your status is. Only the drunk Japanese matter to them. It is racism I know but that is Japan, where this is just profiling (allowed by law). Non Japanese 0 chance of getting any upgrade.
Disagree 100%. My DH and I (as Diamonds) have been upgraded every single time at both the Conrad and the Hilton Shinjuku to suites. Been to the Conrad 4 years in a row and last year was first time to Hilton but we are going back there again. We really liked it. Cant compare to Conrad but they get extra points for the fresh squeezed OJ in the Exec lounge in the AM.
You put the oranges in the machine yourself so its very fresh.

BTW, I am blonde and blue eyes. Don't see any racism
Old Nov 18, 2015, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by cruisr
Disagree 100%. My DH and I (as Diamonds) have been upgraded every single time at both the Conrad and the Hilton Shinjuku to suites. Been to the Conrad 4 years in a row and last year was first time to Hilton but we are going back there again. We really liked it. Cant compare to Conrad but they get extra points for the fresh squeezed OJ in the Exec lounge in the AM.
You put the oranges in the machine yourself so its very fresh.

BTW, I am blonde and blue eyes. Don't see any racism
You are why they coined the word Lucky
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
In six stays over the years, the only time I did not receive an upgrade to the executive floor rooms at this property as a Gold or Diamond was when it was chokers due to a Rugby Sevens tournament.

In each case, even as a Gold, I received lounge access privileges.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:22 pm
formerly wunderpit

Programs: UA1K-HHDiamond
Both the properties dont give a fk what your status is. Only the drunk Japanese matter to them. It is racism I know but that is Japan, where this is just profiling (allowed by law). Non Japanese 0 chance of getting any upgrade.
Funny. I get upgraded as a Diamond. Not always consistent, and definitely worse on holidays. The later I check in, the worse it is, however.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
From personal experience I can confirm this is nonsense. I have received upgrades at the Conrad from twin city to twin executive city (when diamond) and at the Hilton from king city to king executive city suite (5 categories, when gold). One-week stay on each occasion. I am Western European (in appearance as well as nationality).
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:10 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
For my only stay at this property earlier this year, I was given a suite upgrade and access tot he super secret exec lounge. As a 6'6" Irishman, I would not be mistaken for Japanese.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:16 pm

delete

Last edited by apple1122; Nov 25, 2015 at 4:32 pm Reason: posted to wrong thread
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by apple1122
Hi,

I booked two nights at Conrad Tokyo using the two free nights certificate received from Citi Hilton Reserve card (twin room with city view).

In the email confirmation, I see there is an option of e-upgrade to the Twin suite with bay view for additional 12,800 yen per night (so about $100 USD more). Is it worth to spend the extra $100 USD for the suite upgrade? What is chance to receive complementary upgrade (what is the chance to be upgraded from standard twin room to twin suite? lol) at check-in for HHonor Gold member?

Thanks!
This is the Hilton Shinjuku thread, not the Conrad Tokyo thread.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 4:31 pm

Thanks for pointing out! Will post to the right thread.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
This is the Hilton Shinjuku thread, not the Conrad Tokyo thread.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Completed another 2 night stay here last week and was given a twin room on the 11th floor Met the duty manager at breakfast and he said 1. Late check in ( i checked in at 1130PM) could mean reduced room options, 2. hotel runs very full with pre-assigned rooms so very little chance of an upgrade, packed my bags and moved to the Conrad .
Old Dec 22, 2015, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, AAdvantage, Southwest, HHonors, National
Recently completed a five night stay here, from this past Friday. Checked in at around 4:30pm. Hotel lobby was a mad house. Apparently a whole mess of Argentinian soccer fans were staying over the weekend. It was a challenge getting into a queue, to say the least. Main desk took a little bit longer than expected due to people jumping in. Signage for the 37th floor executive check-in was hard to find but I think it may have been due to my tired state.

Initially offered in OLCI a room in the 34th floor. I held out until check-in and was given a room on the 38th floor (top). Room view was overlooking the park and I could see part of Mt. Fuji on clear days. The executive lounge in the 37th floor was good and the food selection ok compared to the Marble Lounge. I preferred going to the lounge for breakfast since it was less hectic. There is a second, quieter lounge on the 37th floor for VIPs. You are given a separate key for access and I believe its only on weeknights. I was not offered access during the weekend nights. Overall, aside from the packed weekend, I had a good stay here.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Gradfly
Signage for the 37th floor executive check-in was hard to find but I think it may have been due to my tired state.
Personally, I thought it was hard to miss.

Old Dec 22, 2015, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Personally, I thought it was hard to miss.

Yeah, I'm going to stick to my original assertion. Hunger and being up 24+ hours will do wonders.
Old Dec 25, 2015, 8:40 pm

Hi All,

sorry for my poor english and just want to share my OLCI experience in Hilton Tokyo for booking tomorrow (27/12),

I was booked 2 room, 1 King Executive and 1Twins Deluxe under my gold membership, during checkin, Hilton Pre-assigned me a room located on 28 floor for Ex and 29 for Deluxe, and no upgrade offered even I put an e-upgrade request half an year ago, as result, I will just skip the OLCI and plan to CI directly in the Hotel to see if any better they can offer to me, but anyway I'm still happy to have those room, and just feel it was funny that why the Ex room wasn't locate at higher floor but the Deluxe does lol

update:

When I arrived, the hotel gave all of us a warm welcome and also upgrade 1 of our room from Deluxe to Ex. will update again when I checkout later days

Last edited by Alan Mok; Dec 27, 2015 at 4:54 pm
Old Jan 12, 2016, 8:50 pm

Completed another stay here last week, for one night. This time I was upgraded to an executive room, city view. Room size was the same as my first room. The big differences were the furnishings and the bath room. Furnishings looked newer and of a higher quality than the regular room I had before. The bathroom had separate shower and tub. You can slide part of the wall, which you can look out towards the window and into the city.

Later that night I was expecting the other lounge to be open, seeing as the executive lounge was packed. Lounge attendants informed me that the other lounge was not open and I managed to get one of the last tables. Really surprised since they were turning away people five min after I had arrived. It looks like there is no set schedule or criteria as to when they have that other lounge open.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.