Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Just Made Diamond | What Should I Know?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Made Diamond | What Should I Know?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:52 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Tintin
Just returned from Paris and found that I made HH Diamond .

I know that now I will always have access to Executive Lounge. But what are the secret/undocumented/not-listed benefits?

My Diamond card in iPhone wallet shows a new phone number. This is probably the Diamond service desk.

Any thought?

Thanks,
Tintin
Useful perks
o When hotel full (almost full), often room on website search is only bookable to HHD elite, though only 1 room per night per elite.
o When hotel has minimum stay eg 3nights weekend, booking award as signed in HHD may be allowed for single night which is useful.
o Lounge always (more valuable outside USA, as then lounges are better)
o Likely a better HHD v HHG upgrade where hotels are generous with upgrades, or quite full so have to upgrade soe HH guests to suites.
o Both breakfast AND myway 1000 points (HH-Gold has to choose)
o Highly likey when booking 2rooms/per/night hotel with give lounge access (free b/f) to second room, even if no upgrade on second room.
o Possibly no-resort fees for HHD v HHG at some properties
o High Speed internet to HHD's (but not HHG's), although lower grade hotels eg DTs often have only one-speed on offer.
Tintin and kwisstan like this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Diamond parking at Hampton Inns.
Originally Posted by mediator
This is one of the most underrated diamond perks.
I actually thought this was an incredibly stupid benefit until earlier this year was staying at the HGI Charlotte Uptown which shares a parking deck with the Hampton Inn. Weekend night every single spot was taken except the 3 Diamond spots.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Please review training video for new status:

Tintin and kwisstan like this.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nk15

Hotel Check-In, Diamond Member - YouTube
I LOVE that video
Old Nov 5, 2017, 11:10 pm

Programs: HH D
Originally Posted by Miesque
I LOVE that video
Yes, reminds me of earlier attempts of computer animation and voice modulation in the fifties and sixties of the past century. BTW how much is too much, like when posting a funny 'video' about once every month.

Last edited by Sisosig; Nov 6, 2017 at 7:52 am Reason: spelling like a gross pig in a bowling shirt
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, HH Diamond, Admirals Club, Global Entry

I really like it. Thanks. My experience with all brands of Hilton in the US as a Gold member is almost similar like this video.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:23 am

"Just Made Diamond"

Congratulations on having your AMEX application approved!
lcohen999, jamesteroh and nk15 like this.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,

I love the video. Imagine what it will be like with the all these new diamonds paying $450 a year for a credit card and finding out they aren't getting upgraded because there's not enough upgrades to hand out with all the diamonds

Or at Hotels like the Palmer House where they look at how many nights someone has stayed with Hilton in the past year and will give priority to upgrades to those people over people who have diamond through a credit card or status match. I can just imagine the people with the credit card complaining that a hotel is giving out a nice upgrade to someone that spends 90 nights a year in Hiltons over them

Even if my upgrade doesn't clear on Delta I can still board with the Premium zone with my diamond status and at least a few times a year someone with no status will try to board with premium and argue with the gate agent they are allowed to board with First class and diamonds because they have a Delta American Express card and AM EX said they get premium boarding (the T&C actually say priority boarding which is a zone two zones after Premium). I bet Hiltons will see a lot of this type of behavior with the newly minted diamonds.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by BrlDsguise
Diamond parking at Hampton Inns.
Ah yes. The only diamond perk I ever get to take advantage of.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Someone just bumped the thread on being walked as a diamond member and his experience, so you might want to visit there.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 4:59 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I love the video. Imagine what it will be like with the all these new diamonds paying $450 a year for a credit card and finding out they aren't getting upgraded because there's not enough upgrades to hand out with all the diamonds

Or at Hotels like the Palmer House where they look at how many nights someone has stayed with Hilton in the past year and will give priority to upgrades to those people over people who have diamond through a credit card or status match. I can just imagine the people with the credit card complaining that a hotel is giving out a nice upgrade to someone that spends 90 nights a year in Hiltons over them

Even if my upgrade doesn't clear on Delta I can still board with the Premium zone with my diamond status and at least a few times a year someone with no status will try to board with premium and argue with the gate agent they are allowed to board with First class and diamonds because they have a Delta American Express card and AM EX said they get premium boarding (the T&C actually say priority boarding which is a zone two zones after Premium). I bet Hiltons will see a lot of this type of behavior with the newly minted diamonds.
It is going to be a mess from what I can see. I pity the desk clerks who have to deal with disgruntled "new" Diamond status card holders.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by nomad420
It is going to be a mess from what I can see. I pity the desk clerks who have to deal with disgruntled "new" Diamond status card holders.
I really feel sorry for the diamonds who earned the status who may lose upgrades to the new diamonds who show up at a hotel earlier than they do and get upgraded by pulling the DYWIA card.

Hopefully a lot of properties will be like the Palmer House and look at their stay activity and give the earned diamonds priority. And I'm saying this as someone who is now a credit card diamond. I always appreciated it when the front desk would give me priority as an earned diamond when I was spending a lot of nights with Hilton and I think it's only fair that someone that someone that has earned diamond gets priority for an upgrade over me.

It really stinks for the gold's that earned the status as well. It's bad enough they have had their benefits diluted with Hilton literally giving the status away for $95 but now they are going to have a lot of diamonds who spend a lot less time in Hilton's than they do getting upgraded over them.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
This situation absolutely cries out for a last minute announcement of a new top tier status with everyone who was diamond on New Year's Eve grandfathered in.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I really feel sorry for the diamonds who earned the status who may lose upgrades to the new diamonds who show up at a hotel earlier than they do and get upgraded by pulling the DYWIA card.

Hopefully a lot of properties will be like the Palmer House and look at their stay activity and give the earned diamonds priority. And I'm saying this as someone who is now a credit card diamond. I always appreciated it when the front desk would give me priority as an earned diamond when I was spending a lot of nights with Hilton and I think it's only fair that someone that someone that has earned diamond gets priority for an upgrade over me.

It really stinks for the gold's that earned the status as well. It's bad enough they have had their benefits diluted with Hilton literally giving the status away for $95 but now they are going to have a lot of diamonds who spend a lot less time in Hilton's than they do getting upgraded over them.
While I couldn't agree more I think if HH institutes a change such as you suggest at this point the Aspire Card holder will scream foul! As I said this is a mess that is only going to get worse.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by nomad420
While I couldn't agree more I think if HH institutes a change such as you suggest at this point the Aspire Card holder will scream foul! As I said this is a mess that is only going to get worse.
Since there are no Aspire card holders yet, . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.