FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Just Made Diamond | What Should I Know?
View Single Post
Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:39 pm
nomad420

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I really feel sorry for the diamonds who earned the status who may lose upgrades to the new diamonds who show up at a hotel earlier than they do and get upgraded by pulling the DYWIA card.

Hopefully a lot of properties will be like the Palmer House and look at their stay activity and give the earned diamonds priority. And I'm saying this as someone who is now a credit card diamond. I always appreciated it when the front desk would give me priority as an earned diamond when I was spending a lot of nights with Hilton and I think it's only fair that someone that someone that has earned diamond gets priority for an upgrade over me.

It really stinks for the gold's that earned the status as well. It's bad enough they have had their benefits diluted with Hilton literally giving the status away for $95 but now they are going to have a lot of diamonds who spend a lot less time in Hilton's than they do getting upgraded over them.
While I couldn't agree more I think if HH institutes a change such as you suggest at this point the Aspire Card holder will scream foul! As I said this is a mess that is only going to get worse.