Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[ARCHIVE to 2018] American Express Announces Two New Hilton Credit Cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
has anyone tried buying AA GC with the aspire yet? I assume it functions the same as AMEX Plat?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by StangGT909
Did we ever determine if the 10 free priority passes with the Ascend are limited to just the card holder, or if you can redeem 2 (1 for you, 1 for a guest) for a single visit?
This is from the terms in the Benefits section of Hilton Biz but I'm assuming the same terms would apply for Hilton Ascend:
This benefit is limited to the Basic Card Member. Additional Card Members are not eligible for this benefit, however, a complimentary visit may be applied to a guest visit, including for Additional Card Members. If you have no complimentary visits available, the Basic Card Member and each guest will be charged $27 per person, per visit.
So the answer to your question is yes. We can redeem 2 'passes' or visits as the terms call it, for the card member + guest.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond
Does anyone know if you can you stack those passes with Priority Pass membership from another card? Ex. Could one use the Priority Pass Select membership from the Citi Prestige card to bring in immediate family, and then use one of the Ascend passes to bring in Grandma?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
When are the PP cards going out for the aspire card for former Citi reserve cardholders?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 12:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SW A-List Preferred
Anyone who was converted have issues with points not posting from Citi from their last statement? My December statement only posted the 3 points amount - none of the points from my three Hilton stays posted. Do I complain to Citi or the Diamond department?
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by jphripjah

I recommend confirming after you get the card that they have it tied to your correct Hilton Honors number.
I called and was able to get the card reissued with the correct Honors number. This won't affect earning as long as the number is linked properly.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 3:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by rct12345
This is from the terms in the Benefits section of Hilton Biz but I'm assuming the same terms would apply for Hilton Ascend:

So the answer to your question is yes. We can redeem 2 'passes' or visits as the terms call it, for the card member + guest.

I read that, the wording just seemed a little confusing. If that means you can redeem 2 guest passes, that's actually a great benefit. I have Delta lounge access with my reserve card, but the inability to take a guest kind of kills it when not traveling solo.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
When are the PP cards going out for the aspire card for former Citi reserve cardholders?
I had Surpass but did not use my PP card. When I looked at my PP account page, it shows that it was canceled by Amex in 2011 (I think it happened because I downgraded to the regular HHonors Amex for a year). About 3 weeks ago I tried to get it re-issued. Today I was sent a message from Amex saying the PP card will be sent to me in 6-8 weeks.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:14 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Several of my own making in which I was recently fast-tracked to super-duper-über-elite status
For those that have ended up with two Ascend cards--are you enrolling in PP twice?

I have a PP account through the old Supass (now Ascend) card and it's showing the 10 free entries. I'm assuming I need to enroll with my new Ascend (converted from the Citi Reserve) for a second account, but wondering if anyone has looked into having them credit an exisiting PP account with an add'l 10 entries.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mrlemm
has anyone tried buying AA GC with the aspire yet? I assume it functions the same as AMEX Plat?
Bought a $100 gift card and received a credit a couple days after it posted
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by jamesteroh
For all Amex PP benefit, you have to go into Benefits tab after logging in to Amex and activate Priority pass.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SWA A-List, Hertz President's Circle
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed ... I can't find it in this forum. I have two questions regarding the HH Amex Aspire card:

1. Should be expecting any sort of welcome kit from Amex and/or HH? All I received was the card in the envelope. When my wife recently signed up for the high-end United Visa she received a very nice welcome kit. Am I expecting too much?

2. How do you setup this card in your HH profile? I see several branded card choices but not HH Amex Aspire. Which one should I use? HH Desk wasn't too helpful here.

Thanks!
Old Feb 4, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond; Delta Platinum
So I've followed this thread from day 1.

Originally the Hilton Rep posted details about the Citi and Amex Certs (for the Ascend Card) but some of the info was contradicted by American Express.

Now that it's past 1/30, have the cert issue dates been confirmed? I was going to call Amex on Monday and ask.

I'm also surprised that Citi's website made it clear as mud with that round progress wheel how much spend you have remaining and till when and I don't see this on Amex's website. On my Delta Amex card sure it certainly lists YTD on the statements but that's more straight forward as it's a Calendar year, not anniversary dates as it appears with these new cards.

According to when I spoke with Amex, they said pretty much all dates remain the same, ex. your original anniversary date (not 1/30)

Basically the questions are:

(1) $10K spending met in 2017, prior to Citi -> Amex conversion. - When will the "Citi" cert be issued?

(2) When does the window for the first Amex Cert ($15K) start and end ? - When will the first Amex Cert be issued ?

The question is really whether we'll get "two" certs in 2018 due to the conversion or if they will be issued on the exact same date as usual, just the next one has a $15K requirement.

My guess is the Citi Cert won't be issued until your 2018 Anniversary date. It would be great if it would be issued 3-4 weeks after the 1/30 conversion though.
My guess for the Amex cert is it goes from your old date to your new date, no change.

Does anyone know for sure?
Old Feb 4, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by sundevils
My apologies in advance if this has been discussed ... I can't find it in this forum. I have two questions regarding the HH Amex Aspire card:

1. Should be expecting any sort of welcome kit from Amex and/or HH? All I received was the card in the envelope. When my wife recently signed up for the high-end United Visa she received a very nice welcome kit. Am I expecting too much?

2. How do you setup this card in your HH profile? I see several branded card choices but not HH Amex Aspire. Which one should I use? HH Desk wasn't too helpful here.

Thanks!
1. Mine came in a cardboard box. Went straight into paper recycling. Then two more (identical?) big envelopes a couple of days later with the benefits and other cardmember agreement information that I threw into a box with similar paperwork.

2. Does it matter? I haven’t set mine up yet in the Honors account, but they shouldn’t need to know what type of Amex it is, I would think. The 14x comes from Amex when Hilton charges appear on the statement. The diamond status was transmitted from Amex to Honors right after I was approved.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
I'm already Diamond (through Citi spend), so I don't need to get the Aspire this year. However: what is the rollover date for the credits? If the airline credit is per calendar year, it's worth upgrading in December to get an extra year's credits, otherwise I'll wait until March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.