Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Shower drains very slowly-still not fixed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower drains very slowly-still not fixed

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by Bluefan75
We checked in Friday night, for a 3 night stay. Saturday morning we go to take showers, in the tub, but the water does not drain very quickly. Within a minute you are standing a couple of inches of water. Take a normal shower, and you're looking at 5 minutes before it drains completely after you stop. Checked the plug, and there is no way to have it be open more than it is right now.

Stuff happens, so I mention at the front desk as we head out for the day, and they said they'll send someone up. OK, fine. Wake up this morning, shower is the same, so nothing was done. I'm pretty annoyed at this point. On our way out again, I tell them again(it's the same people), and the fellow is dumbstruck because he recalled specifically having the conversation. He offered to move us rooms, but we have a fair bit of stuff and have settled in, and my wife won't want to move. So he says he will speak to them again. Get back later and check it, still hasn't been addressed.

We're at a Hilton suites, so I don't believe there is a 100% guarantee. Is this a compensation-worthy issue? What is fair? I don't know if I'm being too sensitive, or if there is a beef? We're checking out tomorrow, so will either need to deal with a manager tomorrow or after the fact.
You're being far too sensitive, and no, for god's sake, don't go asking for compensation for a tiny little issue like this. They offered to let you change rooms.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 7:03 am

Just turn the shower on and tell the front desk you're headed out for the day.

No, please don't do that.

All these shower threads make me want to start traveling with my trusty drain snake.
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:52 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Whatever your opinion of the OP's issues

This is not the place to discuss the pros and cons of putting Drano down a hotel room. Thanks for your cooperation.

Squeakr

Co. Mod HH
Old Aug 8, 2017, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
OP, the other posters are correct. They offered to move you -- you really can't ask for more. I, too, have declined to move when I have a fair amount of stuff with a minor issue. I would have checked the drain upon return to see if it had been fixed and called them again. I might have called them during the day to ensure it had been addressed. I am really good at pestering, but I also thank them profusely.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton HHonors, Marriott Bonvoy, IHG, Delta SkyMiles
So as stated, I wasn't thinking anything until the day after we asked about it. Had they told us they tried but couldn't, would have been one thing.

Anyway, as we checked out, the fella asked about our stay. "Good, except for the shower issue." Explained what it was, that the guy spoke to maintenance twice. "They never checked it?" 'Well, I don't know. Maybe they did, and didn't tell us.' "Well that's not good. I'm going to go ahead and give you some points." I did not ask for anything, I just wanted to make sure if it's a fixable problem, the next guest did not have to deal with it.

Further discussion revealed that the day we were checking out was their Hilton audit. There were some major projects needing to be finished in time for that, and while he didn't say so, I wouldn't be surprised if things like my concern weren't pushed to the bottom of the pile. He was quick to give points as well, so either the hotel has had several similar issues, or they did not want someone possibly upset within earshot of the auditors. I wasn't upset when speaking with them, just telling them the situation. The weekday crew was on, so notes may or not have passed from the first people.

Based on the thread, I wasn't expecting, nor was I asking for anything, other than to let them know the issue, and hopefully someone else doesn't have to deal with it if it's fixable. But they certainly were above and beyond in their response at the end.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.