Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AL}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AL}

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:48 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Arrow The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AL}

The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton

251 Government Street Mobile, Alabama US 36602

Pleasant Stay at the Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton (2 Photos)

The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton

Check In

Very quick and easy check-in. Friendly staff.

Room

Large room albeit with an odd layout. Many windows. Not soundproof.

Perfect location to explore Downtown on foot.

Service

Very busy Valet parking.

Overall

A very nice hotel in Mobile.IMG_5851.JPGIMG_5852.JPG

Pleasant Stay at the Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton

Would you like to write a review on the The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Jul 18, 2017, 11:50 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

If someone can amend the thread title I would be most grateful. I expected the hotel name to be in the title too. I am pretty new to this review thing so apologies!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Just completed a one night stay as a Diamond at this property.

1. Good location in downtown Mobile with lots of good eats and drinks near by.
2. Hotel bar was good, reasonable, and friendly staff. Also very busy for a Tuesday Night.

Hotel wasn’t as impressive. The design and history is very cool but upon checkin I received no Diamond welcome, zero benefits and was handed a room key. It was very strange but I will say that the Manager who checked us in was busy and alone.

The room has a musty mold smell which wasn’t great. When I asked for a different room I was told they were full and would send an Engineer to look at it. That never happened.

Breakfast was comped and was presented on a weird buffet set up. Food was good and no compliants other than the presentation. Again, very strange set up. My guess is this used to be a full service restaurant they closed and are trying breakfast out with a mock buffet.

The rate was a cheap 129 bucks a night but I wouldn’t come back. I think the hotel has a lot to offer but needs to step up their game for people spending 100+ nights a year on the road. I switched my business to Hyatt in June of this year and this was my first Hilton stay since. My decision was reaffirmed as I feel a lot more attention at Hyatt. Too bad they don’t have any properties in Mobile.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 6:55 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by B767capt
The room has a musty mold smell which wasn’t great. When I asked for a different room I was told they were full and would send an Engineer to look at it. That never happened.
This was also the case when I was there.

FWIW I got 2 bottles of water as a Silver at check-in.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
After reading the reviews here I was surprised to find out that it is rated #3 on TA.
I'm assuming Gold's get free breakfast too? Any updates/recent stays?
Old Dec 22, 2017, 5:19 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
There is a minimal Hilton presence around Mobile. Despite being a multi-year DIamond, if I’m in Mobile, I stay at the Battle House.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:06 am

My wife and I arrived around 11:30 PM Friday night for a late check in. Lobby is indeed very quaint. I do enjoy these historic hotels. The front desk reception was underwhelming. No diamond recognition, and the woman at the desk was overall very cold to me. Properties need to realize how important that first interaction is to some guests. It sets the tone for the rest of the stay. We received no upgrade. Hotel did not seem very busy. It was late, so that mattered very little to us anyway.

The king bedroom was aesthetically very nice. Bathrooms are up to modern expectations and the bed was fine. Everything worked as expected. The view out the window (which we barely had time to see) was a pretty nasty looking rooftop. Seemed weird to put a Diamond here considering what else was probably available.

The HVAC unit was incredibly noisy. I would say that unless you are a fairly heavy sleeper, it's going to wake you up every single time it turns on. The thermostat also seemed very dodgy. This was my biggest complaint about the stay.

Breakfast was a free buffet for diamonds. Service was good. Coffee and water was quickly delivered and the usual buffet items all tasted great. The overall variety of items seemed a little limited. Eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits, fruit, etc. They will make omelettes on request, which is nice. It is definite not a "restaurant" breakfast.

Honestly, besides the awful HVAC noise, it was a good stay. Could be a great hotel if they ironed out 1-2 details.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 6:56 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
This property left the Hilton/Curio family a couple of years ago. I was unaware of the change.

This leaves Hilton with no presence other than Tru/H2S/Hampton/HGI/Homewoods in the Mobile area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.