FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Admiral Hotel Mobile, Curio Collection by Hilton {US-AL}
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:54 pm
B767capt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Hhonors Diamond, AA Exec Plat, National Exec Elite
Just completed a one night stay as a Diamond at this property.

1. Good location in downtown Mobile with lots of good eats and drinks near by.
2. Hotel bar was good, reasonable, and friendly staff. Also very busy for a Tuesday Night.

Hotel wasn’t as impressive. The design and history is very cool but upon checkin I received no Diamond welcome, zero benefits and was handed a room key. It was very strange but I will say that the Manager who checked us in was busy and alone.

The room has a musty mold smell which wasn’t great. When I asked for a different room I was told they were full and would send an Engineer to look at it. That never happened.

Breakfast was comped and was presented on a weird buffet set up. Food was good and no compliants other than the presentation. Again, very strange set up. My guess is this used to be a full service restaurant they closed and are trying breakfast out with a mock buffet.

The rate was a cheap 129 bucks a night but I wouldn’t come back. I think the hotel has a lot to offer but needs to step up their game for people spending 100+ nights a year on the road. I switched my business to Hyatt in June of this year and this was my first Hilton stay since. My decision was reaffirmed as I feel a lot more attention at Hyatt. Too bad they don’t have any properties in Mobile.