Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: paul00
Official link showing the maximum number of points needed to redeem a standard room award after the changes: http://pointsandmoney.hilton.com/

How will standard room rewards be affected by the changes?
Originally Posted by HonorsRepresentative
Our Points prices will also become more flexible. When demand and room rates are lower, Points prices will flex and go lower than before. As we launch this new benefit, we’re also saying farewell to hotel categories - which will allow prices to go lower than the previous ranges. But you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing.

For example, today a Standard Room at Category 10 hotels maxes out at 95,000 Points per night. Once the new Points & Money program launches, those hotels will continue to top out at 95,000 Points, and may sometimes be priced lower than the previous category range.
Will I earn bonus points on the cash portion of Points & Money bookings?

If you book a Points & Money rate when the new functionality goes live later this month [Feb 2017], the money portion will qualify to earn Hilton Honors Base Points. You'll also qualify to earn Bonus Points through eligible promotions, including the 2K Every Day promotion (note: I posted this update in the promotion thread, as well).

Points & Money stays booked under the current system are subject to the current Terms & Conditions of the program - therefore, you would not be eligible to earn Points on the cash portion of the stay.
Although the HonorsRepresentative stated in Feb 2017 that 'you can rest assured about the value of your Points. As we make this transition on Standard Room Rewards, each hotel's maximum Points price is NOT increasing', in June 2017 the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room rewards at four properties were raised. Furthermore, the HonorsRepresentative stated that:

While we won’t be updating you for each and every shift going forward, we’re fully committed to delivering the best value to our members, and will carefully consider any adjustments for Hilton Honors properties.
List of properties which have seen increases in the maximum number of points needed to redeem standard room awards since the changes:
  • Hampton Inn closest to Universal Orlando, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to Cat 4 (max 30,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Hangzhou East, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Jiaxing, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Wuhu, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Shenzhen Longhua, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Doubletree by Hilton Xiamen-Haicang, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Fuzhou Cangshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Suzhou, China: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ningbo, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Chicago/Hoffman Estates, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Lincoln, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Las Vegas Airport, US: Cat 3 (max 20,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Ningbo Beilun, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Shenzhen Bao'an, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Dandong, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Krakow, Poland, Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn and Suites Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Oxford/Anniston, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hilton Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Conrad Macao Cotai Central: Cat 5 (max 40,000 points) to Cat 6 (max 50,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn LaGrange near Callaway Gardens, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Cartersville, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, US: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to Cat 3 (max 20,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Minsk City Centre, Belarus: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Ningbo - Chunxiao, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Foshan, China: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Corniche, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Alexandria Green Plaza, Egypt: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Melaka, Malaysia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Swinoujscie, Poland: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 15,000 points
  • Hampton by Hilton Nizhny Novgorod, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hampton by Hilton Samara, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Ulyanovsk, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • Hilton Garden Inn Volgograd, Russia: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
  • DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Trabzon (previously Hilton Garden Inn Trabzon), Turkey: Cat 2 (max 10,000 points) to max 25,000 points
  • Hilton Salalah Resort, Oman: Cat 1 (max 5,000 points) to Cat 2 (max 10,000 points)
Print Wikipost

Announcing Four New Hilton Honors Perks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:28 pm

Ah, the old saying is "over-promise, under-deliver", isn't it?

Why don't they pay BA's IT guy a couple bucks to show Hilton how they do it with Avios?

I'm a bit removed from my programming days, but combining two integer variables to create a sum doesn't strike me as earth-shattering stuff.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 10:35 pm

Programs: United 1K, Qatar Gold, Etihad Gold, Hilton Diamond, InterCon RA, PC Plat, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I don't understand why the exchange for free perk is difficult to implement. All you need to do is change a few lines of code.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:21 am

Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
I don't understand why the exchange for free perk is difficult to implement. All you need to do is change a few lines of code.
I agree on the IT side. However what I am wondering is if perhaps this delay isn't actually due to implementation, but rather perhaps due to more strategic issues. Specifically, reading the FAQs for pooling on the Hilton website, there isn't any discussion of status - which member's status would be applicable to the stay? Moreover, since it seems that the idea is to let large groups of "friends" - which I am sure would invariably end up including "internet friends" - pool points, I can certainly see a fraud/abuse potential that they may not have entirely thought through. So maybe the holdup isn't in pulling the IT trigger, but re-examining the implications.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:18 am

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Originally Posted by arlflyer
I agree on the IT side. However what I am wondering is if perhaps this delay isn't actually due to implementation, but rather perhaps due to more strategic issues. Specifically, reading the FAQs for pooling on the Hilton website, there isn't any discussion of status - which member's status would be applicable to the stay? Moreover, since it seems that the idea is to let large groups of "friends" - which I am sure would invariably end up including "internet friends" - pool points, I can certainly see a fraud/abuse potential that they may not have entirely thought through. So maybe the holdup isn't in pulling the IT trigger, but re-examining the implications.
I can't believe there are a whole lot of instances where a large group would want to pool their points...what a nightmare. What if one who added to the pool has to cancel and then wants their points back? The aformentioned "whose status prevails"? If there is a bonus (like the 2,000 even on award stays with purchase) who gets those points? Many other issues.

Why can't they just follow the same free transfer model as several hotel chains already do...is it so important to be the "first" for "pooling with up to 10 people"?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
I can't believe there are a whole lot of instances where a large group would want to pool their points...
I can't either, which is why it just sounds like a model for inviting abuse by groups of virtual "friends" - especially if status conveys. One could find a "friend" with Diamond status to pool and book with.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
Why can't they just follow the same free transfer model as several hotel chains already do...
Agreed. A simple household account for folks at the same address (didn't Hilton used to have this a long time ago?) would be a nice start.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:13 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by aww3583
What's the average wait-time on a response from the Diamond Desk when inquiring about lifetime stays, points, etc.?

I'm going on 3 days with no response, when most previous emails are responded to within 24 hours.
HHonors Diamond Customer Care emailed me a PDF of my entire stay history.

They said I only have 3 consecutive years as a Diamond member. However, I've earned Diamond status every year since 2013. I emailed them back and asked how they calculated my 3 years and am awaiting a response.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by aww3583
HHonors Diamond Customer Care emailed me a PDF of my entire stay history.

They said I only have 3 consecutive years as a Diamond member. However, I've earned Diamond status every year since 2013. I emailed them back and asked how they calculated my 3 years and am awaiting a response.
I had the same issue/question. They count the years of diamond from the day on you received diamond.

In your case you probably became diamond in 2013 later than now (April).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond; National Car Rental Executive Elite
Originally Posted by iMoe
I had the same issue/question. They count the years of diamond from the day on you received diamond.

In your case you probably became diamond in 2013 later than now (April).
That's exactly the scenario. Interesting, and thanks for the explanation.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Hi all,

At Hilton, we aim to deliver the best new benefits and features to our Hilton Honors members. We are really excited to be the first in the hotel industry to launch Points Pooling at no cost to members, and because this is a new product, we want to ensure a seamless user experience for this new benefit. We’re now testing and refining the online experience, and will share an update on the launch of Points Pooling next week.

Thank you!
Lauren
Hi Lauren,

Do you have any idea when this is getting rolled out?

Shop with Points on Amazon – Come summer 2017, Hilton Honors members will be able to use their Points to purchase products on Amazon.com. Our partnership with Amazon will give members more choices and more ways to use Points.

Thanks.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:09 pm
Company Representative - Honors by Hilton
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Honors
Point Pooling: Live Tomorrow, 4/26

Hi all,

As promised, sharing the latest news around our newest benefit Points Pooling, which officially launches April 26. I'll share the link (once available) to learn more about how you can combine your Points with family and friends. Again, there’s no fee involved with transferring, and you can pool Points with up to ten other people to get closer to your next hotel stay. You can also redeem your Points for other items, including experiences on the Hilton Honors Auction site or later this year on Amazon.com when our Shop with Points program launches.

Let me know if you have any questions or need more info. Happy pooling!

Thank you!
Lauren

PS – T&Cs will also be updated to reflect the update of Points Pooling.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks for the update, Lauren!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:22 pm

Hi all,

As promised, sharing the latest news around our newest benefit Points Pooling, which officially launches April 26. I'll share the link (once available) to learn more about how you can combine your Points with family and friends. Again, there’s no fee involved with transferring, and you can pool Points with up to ten other people to get closer to your next hotel stay. You can also redeem your Points for other items, including experiences on the Hilton Honors Auction site or later this year on Amazon.com when our Shop with Points program launches.

Thank you!
Lauren

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Apr 25, 2017, 5:36 pm

Good to hear! The existence of the April 21st message seemed to convey to many of us that the delay would be long - glad to be proven otherwise!
Old Apr 25, 2017, 11:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Points Pooling Live

Hi all,

Thank you!
Lauren

The 'More Ways To Use Points' webpage in the members section is now updated to include 'Pool Points'
[https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...oUsePoints.htm] and the linked page invites you to "Create your Hilton Honors Points Pool today. Get to your group's reward stay sooner." [https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...poolPoints.htm] .

The general 'Buy, Gift & Transfer' webpage is also now updated to 'Buy, Gift, Pool & Transfer' [http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/e...ive/index.html] with a 'Learn More' link that goes to the FAQ's [http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...#pointspooling] while the main 'Pool Points' link goes to the members section link above.

Last edited by Expat_852; Apr 27, 2017 at 2:05 am Reason: Links updated
Old Apr 26, 2017, 1:06 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Expat_852
The 'More Ways To Use Points' webpage in the members section is now updated to include 'Pool Points' [https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...UsePoints.htm] and the linked page invites you to "Create your Hilton Honors Points Pool today. Get to your group's reward stay sooner." [https://secure3.hilton.com/en/hh/cus...oolPoints.htm].
Your links don't work; please remove the ]s in your post.

Just tried a pooling transaction which was successful.

http://hiltonhonors3.hilton.com/en/p...money/faq.html

How many people can contribute to Points Pooling?
A total of 11 Hilton Honors Members can pool their Points together. One Member initiates the pooling and up to 10 other Members can contribute.

How many Points Pools can I be in?
There is no limit on the number of pools a member can be in at a given time.

What is the minimum/maximum number of Points that can be pooled?
A Member can transfer a minimum of 1,000 Points and a maximum of 500,000 Points into a pool in a calendar year. A Member can receive up to 2 million Points in a calendar year.
https://points-static.s3.amazonaws.c...rms/terms.html

Points must be transferred in 1,000 point increments.

Each Hilton Honors Member is limited to six (6) Transfer and six (6) Points Pooling transactions per calendar year. Any points beyond these limits will not be posted to any Member's account.
Some of these conditions contradict each other.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.