Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Conrad Osaka {JPN}

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2024, 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
Looking to stay here with two rooms at 4 adults and 3 children (8, 6, and 3).

If we were to book 2 adults and 1 child per room (which appears to be the official capacity), any ideas how they would treat the 3 year old essentially?
If bed sharing then it should be no problem. If you require a rollaway then that might be an issue. I would email the hotel in advance and let them know you will have your 3 yr old with you.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:13 pm

Anyone have luck charging their room ahead of time to trigger Hilton credits?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by smes
Currently staying at this property.

Some quick thoughts:
  • The lobby is SPECTACULAR. You will WOW at the view when the elevator doors open. Likewise, the lobby bar is worth a quick drink in the evening just because of the view.
  • Kura Sushi is very nice though expensive. If you have Gold/Diamond status and get the discount, then sure, go for it, but you can find the same sushi for half the price elsewhere in Osaka.
  • Gym is too small. Treadmills have awesome views, but there aren't enough weights. Pool is also too small.
  • The lounge is alright and a good place to get some work done on your laptop if you have some down time. But the liquor selection is quite boring and the food at tea time is no good.
  • No upgrade for Diamonds (3 night stay)
Overall the hotel is very modern and stylish, but I personally prefer the Conrad BKK. Yes the Conrad BKK needs a refurb but the lounge and gym are both much nicer.
What's the discount amount for KURA?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:32 pm

Going to Osaka in April and booked 5 nights at Conrad Osaka with points. We are planning to use Osaka as base and travel around Kansai area, eg. Kyoto, Nara, Himeji. Will have a 2 year old kid with us so not planning to take taxi as we are not going to bring car seat. I'm wondering if it actually makes more sense to stay at Hilton Osaka or Intercontinental Osaka instead as they are right next to the train station. How much more troublesome is it to get to the Osaka train station from Conrad? With hilton points redemption including taxes and resort fees, it comes out to around the same as booking Hilton Osaka with cash, so it's a pretty good deal.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

from the conrad it is one stop on the metro line to nishi umeda station which connects to osaka Station so it should nit be roo bad

Regards

Tbs
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:27 pm

I’d stay at the Hilton with a 2YO.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by Cynicor
I’d stay at the Hilton with a 2YO.
Any reason why? Is it more of location?
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by AlexF
Will have a 2 year old kid with us so not planning to take taxi as we are not going to bring car seat.
Is this a personal thing? Kids arent required to be in a car seat in taxis in Japan but understand if you are not comfortable with that.

Conrad is a nice walk (~15mins) to Osaka station and I’ve done it a few times with my 3yo in a stroller. There’s also a subway station practically downstairs. We like staying at Conrad for the service, breakfast, and lounge but if you are using Osaka as a base for day trips it might be better (more convenient) to do Hilton or IC.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:25 pm

Kids can be a hassle so being close to a station that is large means simple and readily obtainable transport and food.
100% my priority over nicer food.
Esp because my kid will not get through a buffet breakfast. So even that is a tag team affair, hurriedly eating then entertaining kid while partner then eats
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by idkmybffjill
Hello, if we book 2 rooms for the same night (2 people per room) under the same Diamond member's account, will they extend the Diamond privileges to both rooms? I'm assuming free breakfast + exec lounge access?

Thanks.
Wondering about this specific question as well. How data points on how this location treats one account Diamond status for 2 rooms?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by frudd38
Wondering about this specific question as well. How data points on how this location treats one account Diamond status for 2 rooms?
Me too, as looks like we'll need 2 rooms
Old Mar 8, 2024, 12:42 am

Programs: SPG LTP, HH D
Question Kabuse?

I have an upcoming redemption stay at the end of the month.

The Conrad seems to have added a remark in the Comments section of my booking: KABUSE. Am I right to infer that Kabuse simply refers to my HH elite/diamond status?
Old Mar 10, 2024, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

Have booked a 1 night stay here in mid april ( I will have spent 3 nights in the doubletree kyoto station before ) before going down to Nagasaki and hui ten bosch
Have used 95k points rather than Y110k cash

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Mar 10, 2024 at 5:44 pm
Old Mar 24, 2024, 11:24 am

We have our first stay at the Conrad Osaka in a few weeks. Started packing and noticed I could use a shoe shine! LOL

Does anyone know if the Conrad Osaka offer complimentary shoe shine service?

TIA!
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:32 am

Programs: Ex-Bonvoyed, Hyatt, Hilton, BR, AC, AA
Interesting stay so far. First day, luggage delivered via Yamato wasn't in our room (as a matter of fact, not even noted in their system at check in). They took a while to hunt it down and deliver it to our room.

No turndown service for 2 nights in a row already.

So far not impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.