Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hilton | Hilton Honors
Reload this Page >

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DoubleTree by Hilton London - Greenwich {GBR}

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:31 am

Sneaked in a few stays recently with the last of the Hilton Honors Sale Rates varying around £65 to £71 per night - stays ranged from Thursday, Sunday and Fridays .
Solid treatment as a repeat Diamond member - upgraded usually a few days before my arrival to either Jnr Suite on the 9th floor or my new preferred rooms 203 or 205 - classified as Deluxe Rooms but large rooms complete with large bathroom and an improved larger shower .
Observed other Diamonds checking in recently when I've arrived - think we are sheepish about spinning the wheel lol
think Wheel Of Fortune - so far won extra points , tins of cookies and tonight an extra drinks voucher .
Box of chocs and Aeros hot choc late sachets still offered .
Still getting the extra 1,000 points targeted hotel offer posting .
Hotel the quietest I've seen tonight - going to relax in the tub and order room service later !
Guess London hotel rates will start to increase as typical from next week - still need to stay at Bankside and return to Canary Wharf !
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: hhonors diamond
Originally Posted by maxandclaude2000
Sneaked in a few stays recently with the last of the Hilton Honors Sale Rates varying around £65 to £71 per night - stays ranged from Thursday, Sunday and Fridays .
Solid treatment as a repeat Diamond member - upgraded usually a few days before my arrival to either Jnr Suite on the 9th floor or my new preferred rooms 203 or 205 - classified as Deluxe Rooms but large rooms complete with large bathroom and an improved larger shower .
Observed other Diamonds checking in recently when I've arrived - think we are sheepish about spinning the wheel lol
think Wheel Of Fortune - so far won extra points , tins of cookies and tonight an extra drinks voucher .
Box of chocs and Aeros hot choc late sachets still offered .
Still getting the extra 1,000 points targeted hotel offer posting .
Hotel the quietest I've seen tonight - going to relax in the tub and order room service later !
Guess London hotel rates will start to increase as typical from next week - still need to stay at Bankside and return to Canary Wharf !
Bankside is great!, I loved it ......CW was good when I stayed last July although expensive midweek but I couldn't help feeling it was a better level of service on weekdays......have fun mate and safe travels.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 12:29 pm

Found a £63 rate for tonight preupgraded to 907 Jnr Suite (203/205 aren't available )
Busy at check - didn't win anything win the Spin The Wheel Diamond Game
Drinks vouchers and cookie and chocs and late check out of 4pm offered without prompting .
Suite at a balmy 17 degrees - it's muggy and damp in London today .
Bar deserted - given a better glass of white and old of chilli flavoured snacks and taken up to my suite (emails) the snacks presented in a large warm white China mug and rather hot (!)
Think the hotel is quiet tonight - whilst waiting to checking in observed a rather disorganised event organiser asking for half a branch of WHSmiths (English humour ) stationery , 'oh and I've forgot ....' heard many times
And a couple booking a room (a walk in ) no luggage ...his female companion was rather 'entertaining ' to us in the q . Trust they have Scrabble or another board game to keep them occupied !
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:21 pm

Lovely hotel, very friendly staff. But disappointed. I was told that I wasn't offered upgrade because the hotel was full, but when I looked online there was plenty of availability for better rooms (which could have been considered a suitable upgrade). Feels like I was lied to and that leaves an unpleasant taste.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:06 am

Seems to depend on FD , my first stay here last year the girl hadn't a clue , no recognition, no upgrade, even her English was patchy.
that said it's a lovely hotel and Greenwich is a great place to visit....it is also often cheap too.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:19 am

I have a stay booked here for Monday night ( slight chance may move to doubletree excel) . However will do live trip report regardless.
Booked king guest room on Hilton honors rate @£84 which I thought was reasonable.......will report back!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
Thanks for your help and tips Wizla, am here tonight, nice hotel, as a Gold I got my 2 drinks vouchers and the quite nice cookie, also a voucher for 500 points if I spend £25 in the bar. No upgrade offered from the room I preselected - perhaps because I booked a twin room in error!
Old Feb 17, 2018, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by AlwaysonBA663
Thanks for your help and tips Wizla, am here tonight, nice hotel, as a Gold I got my 2 drinks vouchers and the quite nice cookie, also a voucher for 500 points if I spend £25 in the bar. No upgrade offered from the room I preselected - perhaps because I booked a twin room in error!
hi.....yeah could be, I guess there is no upgrade to a tow bedded room past twin........glad you are having a reasonable stay......I should reach around 2pm hopefully.
​​​​​​​
Old Feb 18, 2018, 5:41 am

Yep, decision made, I will definitely be here tomorrow night, booked king guest room and no pre upgrade yet but it's early days........will report back!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 6:49 am

Arrived 1-30pm, car is parked ( £17 ) and swift check in, hotel seems quiet?......I noticed I wasn't pre upgraded so politely asked if any upgrade available and told no upgrade as hotel is very busy ( it's not I checked ) , however grateful of an early check in so I can use gym, shower and get to meet some friends is an advantage......the room is fine, a litt,e small but clean and tidy.
im gonna pop down for a coffee before I use gym ....will upload some pictures and will report back!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:16 am

King guest room -

Old Feb 19, 2018, 5:45 pm

Gym empty but it was 3-30pm on a Monday afternoon, got a cab to woolwich to meet some friends and then off to Camden for the gig ( we smashed it, great crowd!) ,
its now 12-30am and I've just arrived back at the hotel and having a nightcap in the bar..... it's not officially open but the bar man happily gave me a bud in return for my drink voucher ( sorry forgot to mention the drink chit earlier )....... it's actually reasonably busy, half full with folk returning from a night out , to be fair it's a lovely bar area with great decor , I'm now gonna retire, will use gym in morning and then breakfast, will take photos and report back!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 3:32 am

......slept well, bed extremely comfy......gym quiet, one other guy in there......breakfast was very good, everything hot and tasty, now going to check out and when I get home I will upload some photos
will report back!
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:08 am

Gym -
Old Feb 20, 2018, 8:11 am

Breakfast area -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.